PDA

View Full Version : What Perfume/Cologne do you wear??

critter crazy
11-25-2007, 12:37 PM
I thought that this would be a fun topic!

I always wore up untill recently Victoria secrets Dream Angels Perfume. I just loved it. But a few weeks ago, I decided I wanted a change, and went Perfume shopping. I found Shania Twains Starlight, and I am in Love!! I just love the smell, as well does hubby!! I am forever hooked i think!:D

so what do you wear, if you wear anything??

columbine
11-25-2007, 12:54 PM
I tend to mix my own oils, but two store-bought (well, OK, web-bought) fragrances I like are Sunflowers (Elizabeth Arden) and Healing Garden Waters Perfect Calm (Coty). I use them more in the summer (they're both light, flowery scents) and tend to favor my oils, which use a lot of resiny, woody ingredients in the winter.

Right now I have a cut-in-half bottle cork soaked with spruce oil in a little glass dish on my desk. My office gets really stuffy, and it's nice to have an "invisible Christmas tree" to, erm, spruce things up a little! I like to get oils from Liberty Natural Products (http://libertynatural.com/), but they have a minimum of $50 and charge $15 extra if you order under minimum, so I just keep a list and order when I run out of things can take advantage of the MUCH lower prices on larger amounts.

Love, Columbine

buttercup132
11-25-2007, 12:57 PM
I have the Brittany Spears fantasy that I love, I usually get head aches from other perfumes, I also found her midnight one smells really good. The other two she has out though smell bad.

moosmom
11-25-2007, 01:27 PM
My absolute favorite is Carita which is a French perfume. I savor it as I can only get it when my SIL flies to France (she owns her own travel agency). My next favorite is Blue by Ralph Lauren.

kittycats_delight
11-25-2007, 01:34 PM
I must be a perfume snob. :o

There are a few perfumes I have and like to wear on occasion.
I am partial to Fahrenheit by Christian Dior ( I know it is a men's cologne but I love it) the others I like and wear now and then are Diamonds (Emporio Armani), Classique (Jean Paul Gaultier), Blue Jeans & Crystal Noir (both by Versace).

angelbow20
11-25-2007, 01:37 PM
I have and wear so many perfumes so its hard to list them all. But some everyday ones are like tommy girl, ralph lauren, brittney spears. lula, armani, D&G, Dkny delicious, voctoria secret has a few also. I have a bunch more I wear also. I love armani, Dkny, tommy boy and ralph lauren for guys also!

Barbara
11-25-2007, 01:53 PM
I had Terre d'Hermčs in summer and now I have Fleurs d'Oranger by Serge Lutens.
I could buy perfumes all the time...... :)

critter crazy
11-25-2007, 02:13 PM
I have and wear so many perfumes so its hard to list them all. But some everyday ones are like tommy girl, ralph lauren, brittney spears. lula, armani, D&G, Dkny delicious, voctoria secret has a few also. I have a bunch more I wear also. I love armani, Dkny, tommy boy and ralph lauren for guys also!

I have to say I do like Tommy girl on ocassion. :)

caseysmom
11-25-2007, 02:16 PM
Allure by Channel and to supplement since that is so pricey I use euphoria by calvin klein and burberry brit.

Kfamr
11-25-2007, 02:21 PM
Rimmel London.

Danegirl2208
11-25-2007, 02:31 PM
Princess by Vera Wang
and
Dream Angels Heavenly by Victoria's Secret

Randi
11-25-2007, 03:49 PM
Aromatics Elixir by Clinique is my all time favourite.

DrKym
11-25-2007, 03:52 PM
Avons Karmala

zippy-kat
11-25-2007, 04:14 PM
Dior Addict 2 is my top pick. (I also like Chanel's Chance, Philosophy's Falling in Love, Philosophy's The Fragrance, Masaki Matsushima's Masaki/Masaki, and most of Clinique's Happy fragrances.)

Bengalz
11-25-2007, 04:16 PM
Chanel's "Madamoiselle" and Clinque's "Happy" are my favourites.

wolf_Q
11-25-2007, 04:25 PM
None. :) I have some body sprays I use occasionally...but in general I don't put on any perfume. They all smell pretty much the same to me, and I have other things I'd rather spend my money on.

Freedom
11-25-2007, 05:04 PM
None. . . . I have other things I'd rather spend my money on.

Me too. Plus the 15 + years I was working professionally, wearing any was frowned on, as too many people are allergic.

There is nothing worse than spending rather big bucks for good seats for a show, only to have someone plonk down in front of me smelling of something. Ugh!

lisalee
11-25-2007, 05:08 PM
I have mostly body sprays from Bath & Body Works and Victoria's Secret. I like mostly vanilla scents and some musks this time of year. Design, Dark Vanilla and Moonlight Path are my current favorites. Wind Song is an old favorite of mine that I always love too. :)

sirrahbed
11-25-2007, 05:42 PM
This is a fun thread :) I had to go and see what it is I am wearing right now and I have Lucky You and Pleasures. I know that I like lavender. I used to have a bottle of Wisteria from the mall Crabtree&Evelyn and I love that! I tend to like scents that remind me of soap and water.

Argranade
11-25-2007, 07:49 PM
I don't really wear Perfume because it makes me sick,

But I don't mind the smells of the fruit or candy scents.

Karen
11-25-2007, 08:11 PM
None at all, as I am allergic to almost all artificial and some natural fragrances. If I felt like I needed a scent, I'd just use a little vanilla extraxt.

Twisterdog
11-25-2007, 09:10 PM
I rarely wear perfume but if I do it's Coty Vanilla Musk, Elizabeth Arden Green Tea or Love's Baby Soft.

I used to love Emaraude and Shalimar when my mom wore them when I was a kid, I don't know if you can even buy those perfumes anymore.

sammy101
11-25-2007, 09:24 PM
Fantasy by Brittany Spears
Lucky You
and my most recently discovered favourite is So...?Kiss Me. It comes in a bottle like Love's Baby Soft.
:)

anna_66
11-25-2007, 09:27 PM
There aren't too many scents that I can wear regularly, but two of my favorites are...
SUN MOON STARS perfume by Karl Lagerfeld
and
HYPNOTIC POISON perfume by Christian Dior

I tend to like more of a warm, sweet or spicy smell.

I see some of you like to wear men' scents. One of my favorites is JOOP!

kitten645
11-25-2007, 09:47 PM
I wear Shalimar in winter and Calla in summer. I also like Chanel 5 & 21. I wouldn't give a penny to Britney, Paris or most "stars" that don't have any business making perfume :p but I have to admit that I like Gwen's new L.A.M.B. perfume. I tend to like floral scents. Calla has been discontinued so that may be my next scent. :cool:

cali
11-25-2007, 10:11 PM
none lol, I grew up not being allowed near perfumes or body sprays because my dad is allergic. while he hasnet lived her in several years, its not something I ever really got into bothering with. coarse I dont wear makeup either aside from tinted moisturizer to help hide my Rosacea :p

shais_mom
11-25-2007, 11:42 PM
Lucky You
:)
I have Lucky You also. Someone asked me once what I was wearing and I said "Lucky You" and they said "Lucky YOU?" I said "Yea Lucky YOU got to smell me!!! ;)"

I love Philosophy's Baby Grace, Amazing Grace and Falling in Love. I wear the Happy's a lot also. I get more compliments on Happy, Happy to be, and Happy Heart that I do on almost any other fragrances. My boss (who is really sensitive to perfumes) and another co-worker have actually walked around with their nose in my neck Smelling me when I was wearing Happy and Happy Heart. :D
I also got Gucci Envy Me recently and get a lot of compliments on that.
I'm a perfume - aholic so for me to pick 'just one' is realllly hard!!

shais_mom
11-25-2007, 11:49 PM
None at all, as I am allergic to almost all artificial and some natural fragrances. If I felt like I needed a scent, I'd just use a little vanilla extraxt.
when Karen comes to the dog park I try reallllly hard to remember to NOT wear much if any perfume, as I don't want a "hug" to send her into an allergic reaction.

Me too. Plus the 15 + years I was working professionally, wearing any was frowned on, as too many people are allergic.
I've worked in the hospital setting for almost 9 years and only once have I had a patient say anything and she was having a seizure coming in and I wasn't the only one that was by her that had perfume on so she didn't actually look at me and say "get away from me". She just said someone has perfume on and I'm highly allergic. Since there were a few of us I stepped away from her and I asked her if she wanted me to go wash off before taking her xray and she said "no just do your job I'll be fine". We did it as quickly as we could and left her alone.
I learned my lesson when I was a student and had a small container of Plumeria body cream (bath and body works) in it to put on my hands b/c of my dry hands after washing and one of the techs (who happened to be a &itch on wheels anyway) complained about it. But she'd have complained if she was hung with a brand new rope and a brand new tree. :rolleyes: (and put in brand new coffin and a brand new grave - with a brand new headstone - you get the drift!)
But then something happened that I couldn't even smell that smell without getting nauseated....
There was once when I 'bothered' myself and washed myself off with a soapy washcloth!
I keep vicks in my workbag for those that don't know what perfume or bathing is!
;)
or just regular body function smells that happen in a hospital...

Crazy-Cat-Lover
11-26-2007, 12:04 AM
Me and hubby both wear CK1. :)

Taz_Zoee
11-26-2007, 12:41 AM
I am currently wearing Deep Red by Hugo Boss daily. I have a huge bottle of CK1 that I might wear occasionally. I also like Tommy Girl and a new one by Tommy Bahama, but I can't remember the name of it.

pitc9
11-26-2007, 10:56 AM
Happy by Clinique!!

sirrahved
11-26-2007, 11:28 AM
Right now I'm wearing twisted peppermint body spray, and occasionally Vanilla Bean Noel. Both are from Bath and Body Works.

Pembroke_Corgi
11-26-2007, 12:47 PM
I usually don't wear any fragrance, but I do enjoy scented lotions when my hands are dry as long as the smell isn't overpowering.

Husky_mom
11-26-2007, 01:07 PM
Doggue ....... by.....Husky.........

and

Just me..... by me......LOL

no really, I usually donīt wear anything but lately Iīve been liking a few, I mean I have one and it can last for years until empty.... hahaha

right now I have and love... women story(although lately hasnīt been keeping the smell even itīs eau parfum :confused: ) annayake (soooooo lovley and lasting smell) this two are french, my bro bought them for me when he went overseas.....I also have a GAP fragance called dreams or something...

I also love miracle by I think lancome and another called cinema by who know who...

Chanelīs Chance.....Aqua di Gio......Ralph Lauren (the blue one).....and this new Hugo Boss XX which I need to get....

I love men fragances too..... one time while checking them out I was soooo "hypnotized" by one I sprayed myself with it..... only realizing later that I went alone and that I was meeting my hubby then boyfriend smelling like a guy....LOL....

I love Armani Code, Santos from Cartier, Zegna Intense, Fuel by Diesel, and the classic Armani, Eternity, most CKīs,

joycenalex
11-26-2007, 03:00 PM
i love alien by thierry mugler. it's got amber, vanilla and orange blossoms in it. no wonder i love it with all that in it

Grace
11-26-2007, 03:12 PM
Chloe by Karl Lagerfeld. Been wearing it for about 30 years.

sirrahved
11-26-2007, 03:58 PM
Princess by Vera Wang

This is my absolute favorite perfume ever! I'm just too cheap to buy it:) For those who haven't smelled it, it's a lovely combination of light flowers and birthday cake! It does smell like you would imagine a fairy tale princess would smell.

Lilith Cherry
11-26-2007, 10:51 PM
Mitsouko by Guerlain, trouble is it is extremely expensive so I wear it very rarely for special occasions. Most of the time I wear lavender scents from soap and talc etc

crow_noir
11-27-2007, 02:26 AM
I'm allergic to fragrances (artificial scents,) but on occasion i do wear natural oils. I prefer the musky type scents. Wood stuff gives me headaches too (as well as wood pencils) and so do most flowers (which is Ok because i find most flower smells nauseating anyhow.)

P.s. I really wish i wasn't allergic. I'm an Old Spice fanatic otherwise.

Felix
11-27-2007, 11:02 AM
I Wear White Musk (Oil) From "The Body Shop".I Luv It!!

cassiesmom
11-27-2007, 11:06 AM
Most days - Elizabeth Arden, True Love. It's not sold in department stores anymore - I found it at T.J. Maxx. My sister gave me Sunflowers (also Elizabeth Arden) for my birthday, and some days I use that instead. My mom's perfume is called Only by Givenchy - I like it because it's very floral.

dogzr#1
11-27-2007, 04:40 PM
My mom and I both wear Chanel's "Mademoiselles" or Chanel Number Five. It's one of the few perfumes that I don't mind. Most smell bad to me, and I get loads of compliments because I smell good.