PDA

View Full Version : Christmas carol peeve

RICHARD
11-24-2007, 11:06 PM
I FRIGGiN HATE IT when a stupid company takes a classic Christmas carol and changes the words to it to sell their crap.

The latest (and first of the season) is for the Garmin GPS system.

Nothing is sacred to anymore.....I do not mind the song playing as background music in the commercial, but it really irks me when they change the lyrics to sell a product!

Cinder & Smoke
11-24-2007, 11:14 PM
:mad:

I haven't heard the Garmin jingle - but I already don't like it!

:mad:

Freedom
11-25-2007, 08:29 AM
I don't like it either.

The Hyundai "Duh" song is another one: "Holiduh!" Ugh.

Catty1
11-25-2007, 10:08 AM
This is one time of year when I am glad I don't have a TV! (yet)

And very little family left, so I get to avoid malls. Though going thru them with a Walkman and headphones playing Beethoven might be an idea.

I think there should be a national TV boycott - Nov 15 to Dec 25 (longer if you don't want to hear about all the Boxing Day sales!)

Sadly, these bad ads worked - they are REMEMBERED, and so is the brand name.

Can't win.... ;)

moosmom
11-25-2007, 11:02 AM
How about us folk who work in retail over Christmas. Our store has been playing freaking Christmas carols since October!!!! By the end of this retail season, I'll need a rubber room (again) complete with padded walls and complete SILENCE!!!!!

My biggest pet peeve is when they take beautiful Christmas songs and remake them into rap crap. I know it's to each his own, but that's just plain bull.

sirrahved
11-25-2007, 11:11 AM
"Five roast beef sandwiches!"

They played that one so much that I sometimes think those are the real words :rolleyes:

I even hate when celebs put weird trills and slides into Christmas carols... so changing the words drives me up a wall!

Nothing like making an overly commercialized holiday even more overly commercialized.

momoffuzzyfaces
11-25-2007, 01:54 PM
The one that currently bugs the liver out of me is they took : Joyful Joyful, we adore thee

and made it into a manwich commercial. UGH!!!

I can't get: "napkins we unfold before thee" out of my brain!!!

Can we sue? :eek:

Catty1
11-25-2007, 03:36 PM
I always thought "The Night Before Christmas" would make a great rap tune...it's got the rhythm. Try this at home! :)

At least it's not a carol...yet.... :rolleyes:

sumbirdy
11-26-2007, 01:30 PM
Oh I hate that too, Especially that car commercial (Duh, Duh, Duh, Duh)

momoffuzzyfaces
11-27-2007, 02:04 PM
Oh I hate that too, Especially that car commercial (Duh, Duh, Duh, Duh)
I hate that one too. I think they are just to Duh-umb to remember the words!!!! :D

cassiesmom
11-27-2007, 02:47 PM
Gosh, I thought the "DUH" Hyundai ad was a Chicago area thing.

My current un-favorite is a local caterer...
"When Corkey's caters your event
You'll have money left for rent"

Queen of Poop
11-27-2007, 02:56 PM
It appears the Duh ad is quite far reaching, it's here too. Bloody awful!

These are the days when I don't complain about flipping channels and not watching the commercials. They are so annoying this time of year.

jennielynn1970
11-27-2007, 02:57 PM
I hate that one too. I think they are just to Duh-umb to remember the words!!!! :D

It's not just the song that annoys me, but the freaky people too. The kalideoscope of the one guy's face is just really scary!!!

BC_MoM
11-27-2007, 02:58 PM
I actually like them, and the "Duh" one is my favourite. :o

pitc9
11-27-2007, 03:53 PM
I actually like them, and the "Duh" one is my favourite. :o

I think it's funny! I love the stupid faces some of the people are making while singin!!

jackie
11-27-2007, 05:32 PM
I think they are funny!

I don't have American TV over here so I don't listen to them 5000 times a day, so I understand why some people don't like it.

THIS (http://www.americanangst.com/dingfries.html) is my favorite one, I know its not from burger king, but it makes me laugh. :o

lady_zana
11-27-2007, 05:49 PM
I don't mind most of them.....I don't care for the "Duh" one either but most of them don't bother me too much.....sometimes they are pretty clever.

momoffuzzyfaces
11-30-2007, 12:17 PM
Did any one notice the little joke that the "Duh" commercial played?

They tried so hard to leave out the mention of Christmas BUT there was one guy carrying a lamb. Odd that he would carry a lamb eh? :D
A lamb to Christians stands for Jesus, the lamb of God! :D I may like that commercial after all! ;)

Freedom
12-06-2007, 04:07 PM
I finally heard the Garmin one, Ick.

But have you seen the AFLAK one? Santa uses AFLAK for his employees. Rudolph gets sik so the AFLAK duck has to lead the team! Oh my it really is so funny!

Then Rudolph gets better "but now Blitzen is sick!" :eek:

Freedom
12-12-2007, 08:02 PM
Seen the new Pedigree commercial with the doxie? It really is sweet, he says he will let you give him a tummy rub in exchange for a present of Pedigree food. Three still shots of a sweet face!