PDA

View Full Version : 2007 CFL Grey Cup - Blue Bombers vs. Roughriders

BC_MoM
11-24-2007, 08:03 PM
This is going to be one awesome game.

I am a Rider fan. Last time they won the Grey Cup was the year I was born - 1989. I am 18 now, so it's about time!

Bomber fans, IMO, are quite trashy. Even their NEWSPAPERS are publishing stuff about "gap-toothed, inbred, banjopicking Rider fans". Ah, well. We can handle them. ;)

So, who is everyone else rooting for? Do we even have any other CFL fans here?

GO, RIDERS, GO!

Catty1
11-24-2007, 08:46 PM
I just find it incredible that Winnipeg is now part of the Eastern division...scary...

Glacier
11-24-2007, 08:55 PM
I'm hosting my anhual Grey Cup party tomorrow.

My hubby is from Manitoba, I'm from Saskatchewan--although I'm not normally a Rider fan...I know it's almost sacreligious! Not a Rider fan and I think Tim Horton's makes the world's worst coffee! I'm a Stamp fan but for the last two weeks I've returned to my Saskatchewan roots(there's a big rant about it on my blog if you want more details!)

I hope Ryan Dinwiddie can hold it together. A blow-out will be bad for the league in general.

Winnipeg has been part of the East for 10 seasons(Ottawa folded at the end of the 96 season). It's fairly remarkable that an all prairie Grey Cup hasn't happened before. There is some talk about bringing a team back to Ottawa in the next few years, if they can get a new stadium.

BC_MoM
11-25-2007, 11:34 AM
Wow.. there are fewer football fans than I thought. O_o

todd
11-25-2007, 07:47 PM
I have the game on

BC_MoM
11-25-2007, 10:07 PM
WOOHOO! The Cup is back where it BELONGS! :D

23-19 for the SASKACTHEWAN ROUGHRIDERS!

Queen of Poop
11-25-2007, 10:18 PM
Sorry, between the new kittens and the game, I was totally preoccupied. Ya hoo. The RIDERS won!!!!!

cali
11-25-2007, 10:28 PM
WOOO, go us! we actually had friday declaired "green day" in the provence to show support for the Riders :p

cali
11-25-2007, 10:42 PM
hehe I hear that Albert St is insane, impassable, the intersections jammed up, thousands of people walking around with beer and flags and honking horns, the bridge is packed, and I also hear there was a naked guy running down the street between all the cars lol. getting to and from work should be fun tommorow as the "welcome home" party is at Taylor Feild which is only a few blocks from my house.

BC_MoM
11-25-2007, 10:45 PM
Yeah, I was in Saskatoon Wednesday - this morning. Wish I coulda stayed to watch the game there.

Someone told me we "barely scraped by" and that if "Glen was in, we would have lost." Bombers fans are the worst fans ever. They are sore losers, and think of any excuse they can. They just never accept the fact that we were a better team this season and kicked their @$$3Z.

Glacier
11-26-2007, 01:36 AM
Someone told me we "barely scraped by" and that if "Glen was in, we would have lost." Bombers fans are the worst fans ever. They are sore losers, and think of any excuse they can. They just never accept the fact that we were a better team this season and kicked their @$$3Z.

Actually that's probably a very true statement. Kevin Glenn would have changed the entire game. Ryan Dinwiddie did a nice job, for a QB making his first start of the season in a high pressure situation. He proved himself, despite the loss. There will be teams lined up at his door in the off-season. He just finished the option year of his contract; he can name his price now(which really in the CFL ain't much, the average CFL player makes 40 grand a year).

Saskatchewan kicked no one. If James Johnson hadn't been ball hawking all day, the score would have been different. The defense kept them in the game. Winnepeg's defense had a stellar day. Kerry Joseph played his worst game of the season. He was rattled all day; the o-line was sad. There was constant pressure on Joseph. He's not a natural thrower. He's a great athlete and can scamble to save a play, but to truly shine, he needs time to stand in the pocket, set up and look. Having to throw on the run or off his back foot is not his strength and he had to do that all day today. He had no protection.

I'm not a fan of either team, but I am a rabid fan of the Canadian game. (I don't watch NFL football). It was a good Grey Cup game, good for the fans, good for the league. No team's fans deserved a win more the Riders'. Although, I do find it a little sad that Milt Steegal, one of the greatest receivers to ever play the game, will retire without a ring.

I am deeply saddened that after 55 years of bringing the league to fans across the country, CBC no longer has the TV rights to any CFL games. Next year if you want to watch the Cup or a plain ol' regular season game, you'll need to have cable or go to a bar, cuz only TSN will be broadcasting it.

BC_MoM
11-26-2007, 01:43 AM
Just because Glenn didn't played, doesn't mean we would have lost if he did. So really, that statement is only partially true.

I really don't feel like defending our win or hearing about "if's" and "would haves". Fact is that we won, and it was a good game all around and I thoroughly enjoyed it as a whole.

Glacier
11-26-2007, 01:51 AM
I really don't feel like defending our win or hearing about "if's" and "would haves". Fact is that we won, and it was a good game all around and I thoroughly enjoyed it as a whole.

It was an entertaining game. I never asked you to defend it, just gave my opinion. Won't bother again.