PDA

View Full Version : It's moving day!

Donnaj4962
11-24-2007, 06:33 AM
I am moving today! I have lived in this apartment/townehouse for 7 years, and I am moving into a house! My friend has been asking me for many months to move in with her to share the expenses, but I was concerned because she has a dog (miniature poodle) and I have my 2 cats. But we figured out a way that they could all be separted during the day (in case there are "issues"). Each will NOT be confined to one room, they will each have at least 2 rooms as their own while we are not in the house. So, I agreed that we should give it a try. As soon as we had decided that I would move in, her boyfriend bought a new house, and she is now going to move in with him! She will leave some of her things at the house, but I won't have to put any of my things in storage! So, today is the day! The boxes are packed and stacked throughout the house, the cats are following me EVERYWHERE I go (making certain I don't leave them behind!) and my movers/friends will be here in a few hours to load the truck!

I will probably be offline for a few days until I get us all settled in..... please wish me luck in the move! I already have broken a picture frame, a large one at that! I was taking the bed apart this morning and stepped backward into the glass. If that is all that gets broken, then I will be happy! ;) :)

Pam
11-24-2007, 06:50 AM
Well that sounds like a win-win deal for you and your friend. She gets to maintain her house with a good friend living there and taking care of it. Did I get that right, or did you buy her house from her? Either way, congratulations! I commend you for not being too frazzled to be on the computer on moving day. :) Just for what it's worth at this point, I have a miniature poodle and two cats. He (the poodle) doesn't chase them but he does sort of whine/growl at them occasionally. They could care less. :rolleyes: The cats usually lay on their backs on the ground and bat at him and he takes a front paw and bats back at them. They quickly get over this and ignore each other. :p Sounds like your kitties won't have to put up with anything like this, though. Good luck and try not to break anything else! :)

Laura's Babies
11-24-2007, 08:29 AM
Good luck on the move! Hope you and the babies enjoy your new home.

Donnaj4962
11-25-2007, 11:49 AM
Thanks to all who replied! We have moved, and as far as I can tell, nothing else was broken! There are many VERY TIRED bodies today though! Since my friend is not going to be moving out until mid-December, we loaded everything into her basement except my bedroom and bathroom things. There were "issues" with the U'Haul rental place, but I am over them now. (Too many other things to be concerned about!)

Poor Tabby and Sashy are very freaked out! Sasha peed in her carrier and then got it all over her, so once we got to the new place, she got a sponge bath. They both were basically under the covers on the bed all night, and there were a few hisses and scaredy catish meews! Today, everyone is out and about. Tori (the dog) is in her usual spot on the couch and Tabby is hiding under the bed. Sasha came out for a 1/2 hour of exploring and is now back on the bed. At this point, I am thinking I was worried about nothing! Everyone has peed and pooed, but no one is really eating.

Okay, time for a shower and then back to the old place to gather up a few more things, then back here to relax before starting a work week!

Until later..... Donna, Tabby, and Sasha from their new place!

crow_noir
11-27-2007, 03:25 AM
Good luck to your kitties on adjusting. They should start eating in a few days. You may want to give them some moist food to help hydrate them. (Not sure if you may have covered this topic in the Cat section or not.)

Glad to hear that in general the move went well! :-)
I've heard bad tales, especially when pets are involved.

Donnaj4962
11-27-2007, 04:11 PM
Well, as of last night, Tabby came out in the living room and layed on the couch. No problems with Tori the doggie! However, poor Sasha is another story. She was so hesitant about coming out, and when she finally did, Tori saw her, barked once, and Sasha was back in hiding!

It's funny though, because Sasha has always been the dominant one with her and Tabby. Seems like a DAWG :eek: is putting her in her place!

Everyone is eating, peeing and pooping.... so I think we just need some more time for adjustments. Eventually, Tori and her human (my friend) will be moving out, and I am sure that my girls will feel all at ease then!

I will definitely keep everyone posted! Thanks for your well wishes!