PDA

View Full Version : "Rescued" a pug today! UPDATE!! She is chipped!

Donnaj4962
11-23-2007, 09:11 PM
I usually post on the cat side, but I know this should be here! First, I must explain that I am moving in the morning! So you can imagine what my current place looks like! Boxes, boxes, everywhere! I left around noon today to run a couple of errands and then get back to packing, and as soon as I turned out of my apt. complex, I see a cute little pug running in the street! (And this is a busy street!) No collar! So I "park" my car sideways in the road, blocking traffic so the little sweetie doesn't get hit! I got out and tried to coax her into the car.... she kept running around it and out into the street again! Finally, she just jumped into the open car door and sat in the passenger seat! :) So I hop in again, pull to the curb and think.... "My goodness, what do I do now that I have you?" :eek: :rolleyes: She was a sweetie, never growling or barking or anything, she just leaned against me and let me pet her! Off we went to the ASPCA.... which is close by. They couldn't take her as they were full, so they gave me the numbers of 3 rescue groups in the area. I called all 3, and got no answer! I knew that I should be home packing, but I couldn't just let this little girl loose again.... so off we went to the store for some food and water! While on the way, one of the rescue groups called me back! She could take her, but I would have to bring her to her house since she was babysitting some young ones. Yep.... she lives about 30 minutes from where I was! So off we went. She was such a good girl in the car. She let me pet her and layed on the seat and went to sleep! When we got there, the resuce lady thought she might be in heat! She was going to take her to the vet that afternoon (after babysitting duty!) to check for chip and to get her checked out. If no chip, she would post for a found dog in all of the regular places. I felt good about leaving "Puggly" there! I will call in a few days to check on her and see if her owners have been found. Here's hoping she was microchipped and is maybe even back home with her family. She seemed very well behaved and loving, so I am sure she got out by mistake. Okay, I am done rambling.... just wanted to share me adventure today! ;)

Karen
11-23-2007, 09:49 PM
What a great post for your 2,000th post! Congratulations, and if you hear anything, let us know!

K9karen
11-23-2007, 10:48 PM
I'm so glad you posted this! Thanks so much for blocking traffic and saving a puggly life. Sure hope she's chipped and healthy and finds her owners quickly! It was a Thanksgiving Day for your little friend. Thanks again, you did great!

Ginger's Mom
11-24-2007, 05:43 AM
Yes, running around in the street on "black Friday" is definitely not a good idea. I am so glad that you were there to help this little sweetie girl. Thanks for taking the time, and caring enough, to get her in a safe place.

pitc9
11-24-2007, 11:22 AM
YEAHHH for you!!

I hope we hear good news from you soon about her.
Paws crossed that she finds her owner!!

Freedom
11-24-2007, 12:33 PM
That's the SPIRIT!!

crow_noir
11-27-2007, 01:22 AM
Awwwe, that's wonderful what you did for that pug!

Hope her owners were found.

loveallfurryfriends
11-27-2007, 06:31 AM
I hope that "Puggly" finds her way home! Here's to you for helping this sweet puppy find a rescue & getting her out of traffic. Fingers crossed that everything will work out for her.

Pam
11-27-2007, 06:44 AM
Thank you for putting yourself in harm's way to rescue this little girl. Have you heard anything from the rescue group?

Donnaj4962
11-27-2007, 09:56 AM
Thanks for the kind words from everyone, but really.... I just did what I knew needed to be done! :rolleyes:

I have been so busy with settling into my new place and work, that I haven't had a chance to call about little Puggly. I will do my best to call today and give everyone an update.

Pawsitive Thinking
11-27-2007, 10:00 AM
Well done you!!! Hope Puggly is now safe at home and you are settled too

kimlovescats
11-27-2007, 11:38 AM
Great job! Thank you!

pitc9
11-27-2007, 12:22 PM
I can't wait to find out if she found her owner!

Donnaj4962
11-27-2007, 10:16 PM
Well, I finally got the chance to call about sweet little Puggly! She is doing well at the rescue. No family has been found yet. :( There is speculation that she may have been hit by a car. Poor thing. Apparently she is favoring, sort of dragging a little, one of her back legs. So she is on "crate rest", only going out for food and to pee and poo. While she is very friendly to people, she is a little aggressie with the other dogs at the rescue. But overall, she is doing well considering all that she has probably been through. She is going back to the vet tomorrow for another check of the leg. I will keep evryone posted!

K9karen
11-27-2007, 11:25 PM
I'm a bit surprised her owners never found her, but it sounds like she's getting a lot of TLC! That's great! I hope her widdle leg heals well. Thankfully it wasn't worse. Sounds like another Pug Princess has emerged! :D :D

crow_noir
11-28-2007, 02:04 AM
Well, no one else did "What needed to be done" now did they.

Thanks for the kind words from everyone, but really.... I just did what I knew needed to be done! ...

:(

I have a feeling it'll all turn out OK anyhow.

Well, I finally got the chance to call about sweet little Puggly! She is doing well at the rescue. No family has been found yet. There is speculation that she may have been hit by a car. Poor thing. Apparently she is favoring, sort of dragging a little, one of her back legs. So she is on "crate rest", only going out for food and to pee and poo. While she is very friendly to people, she is a little aggressie with the other dogs at the rescue. But overall, she is doing well considering all that she has probably been through. She is going back to the vet tomorrow for another check of the leg. I will keep evryone posted!

Pam
11-28-2007, 05:36 AM
Well, I finally got the chance to call about sweet little Puggly! She is doing well at the rescue. No family has been found yet. :( There is speculation that she may have been hit by a car. Poor thing. Apparently she is favoring, sort of dragging a little, one of her back legs. So she is on "crate rest", only going out for food and to pee and poo. While she is very friendly to people, she is a little aggressie with the other dogs at the rescue. But overall, she is doing well considering all that she has probably been through. She is going back to the vet tomorrow for another check of the leg. I will keep evryone posted!

Thank you for reporting in. Poor little puggily. Maybe the pain she is experiencing is causing her reaction to the other dogs. Maybe her leg was hurt the day you found her and you saved her from something far worse. I hope that if she has humans that love her (and she just got out and ran off) that they will find her. I am sure she will *bloom* in the right home. :)

pitc9
11-28-2007, 07:02 AM
I hope she feels better soon and finds a great home!

Donnaj4962
11-30-2007, 08:15 PM
Sorry it has taken me so long for another update! Life has been busy with work and the move and trying to clean the old place.... ANYWAY....

I called the rescue place again today, and "Pugly" was microchipped. The owners were called, but would you believe it, they haven't called back! They were called 2 days ago! :eek: Apparently Pugly got loose back in 2005 and the local Animal Control required she get microchipped before they would release her to her owners. The rescuer is giving the owners until Monday, and if she hasn't heard from them, she is considering taking her back to Animal Care and Control. Unfortunately, while we were talking, her grandbaby got hurt and she had to hang up before I could get any more information. I will call her again tomorrow. Please pray for sweet Pugley. I want her back with her owners, but NOT if they aren't going to care for her properly. I am hoping there is a reasonable explanation as to why there hasn't been a phone call.

Cincy'sMom
12-01-2007, 08:29 AM
The rescuer is giving the owners until Monday, and if she hasn't heard from them, she is considering taking her back to Animal Care and Control. Unfortunately, while we were talking, her grandbaby got hurt and she had to hang up before I could get any more information. I will call her again tomorrow. Please pray for sweet Pugley. I want her back with her owners, but NOT if they aren't going to care for her properly. I am hoping there is a reasonable explanation as to why there hasn't been a phone call.

I'm confused...why would the rescue turn her back over to Animal Control? If her owners don't call, this seems like a death sentence to me, espically if she is hurt :(

Donnaj4962
12-01-2007, 08:38 AM
I'm confused...why would the rescue turn her back over to Animal Control? If her owners don't call, this seems like a death sentence to me, espically if she is hurt :(

I don't know why either :confused: ... and like I said, she had to hang up the phone before I oculd ask anymore questions! The rescue place seemed so nice and I was quite surprised when she made that comment. I hope and pray that I misunderstood what she was saying! As I was thinking about things last night, I was thinking maybe she was going to let Animal Care and Control deal with the parents.... not that she would take Pugly back to them. You are right though, it would be a death sentence. I am in no position to take Pugly as a forever dog, but I know several people who I am sure would take her in BEFORE we would allow her to go back to AC&C. ;)

I have LOTS to get done again this weekend, but I will call her back and get more answers and I will post again when I can!

Ginger's Mom
12-01-2007, 08:55 AM
You have been such a guardian angel for this sweet little pug girl. I hope there is a good reason why her owners haven't contacted the foster home yet (maybe they are away). Not sure what she meant about turning her over to Animal Control, but I assume it has something to do with the medical care that she needs.

Cincy'sMom
12-01-2007, 11:58 AM
Thanks for keeping track of this little girl!

If it does seem like she is going to be turned back over with no chance, let us know...there are enough of us in the surrounding states, we should be able to come up with some option for her!!

Donnaj4962
12-01-2007, 08:52 PM
Thanks everyone! I wish I could take her in, but I am just not financially able to do so. With a 19 year old cat, the vet bills seem to be more frequent than before. I know you all understand.

I wasn't able to call today to check on her. I will do my best tomorrow and I will update everyone then!