PDA

View Full Version : Music soothes the beast!

Emeraldgreen
11-23-2007, 02:43 PM
Not sure if this video link is going to work but the other night my husband sat down to play a bit of piano, something he hadn't done since we brought our new guy Paddy home. As soon as the notes hit the air, Paddy made a beeline for the music and hopped up and proceeded to sit on the piano seat for 3 full songs. There must have been a piano player in Paddy's last family because it was as if it was so familiar to him.
Sorry the film is so dark, used our digital camera instead of a regular video camer.
p.s. our piano is temporarily in our front entrance right next to our front door because we're doing some work to our livingroom so it looks a bit strange. :)

http://s225.photobucket.com/albums/dd102/emeraldcreek/?action=view&current=MVI_2981.flv

Grace
11-23-2007, 03:20 PM
WOW - your husband plays so well!!

That's so cute that Paddy loves music. Thanks for sharing.

Laura's Babies
11-23-2007, 03:24 PM
OH MAN! I was really loving hearing that music when it just suddenly ended! Yep! She was enjoying it too.. I was reading somewhere on the internet just a few days ago that they find some music soothing and that BOOM BOOM music riles them up bad!

Gee, listening to him brought back so old memories that brought tears to my eyes. My Dad use to play but he didn't really like to so he didn't play often. My Aunt played and we would gather around the piano and sing while she played when we would go to Grandma's on Sunday's and the Holidays. They are gone now. Thanks for the music and the walk down memory lane for me... such sweet memories of when we were kids.

krazyaboutkatz
11-23-2007, 04:21 PM
Your husband sure does play the piano well and Paddy sure is enjoying it.:)

Medusa
11-23-2007, 04:27 PM
Aw, that is so sweet. What a little buddy your husband has. Several years ago I managed a band of musicians from S. Africa and one of them played an indigenous instrument called the berimbow. Whenever he played it, Puddy would come running and sit at his feet during the entire time. Cats are amazing creatures, aren't they?

catmandu
11-23-2007, 05:26 PM
WOW!!!
Not only does Paddy loves your Husbands piano playing but the Lucky Found Paradise Hotel Cats are gathered around as well, the way that they do when I put my Jelly Roll Morton CD on.
Please Thank Your Husband for the concert.

sasvermont
11-23-2007, 05:46 PM
What a nice video. I too enjoyed hearing your hubby play. I have had cats in the past, that really liked opera! Aren't they funny little things? Glad you had a positive response from your Paddy and not some howling foolish thing! ;)

Freedom
11-23-2007, 05:53 PM
Just lovely! Oh the kitty was lovely, too!

It must be the style of music. I play the organ. It is electronic (bought in 1976, not these new fangled keyboards; I haven't figured those out yet.) I have 2 fuull keyboards, a 3rd half keyboard / synthesizer, and 26 pedals. Mostly, I play music from the 1970's.

I can clear a room of cats in 20 seconds! :rolleyes: They don't even like the Christmas carols and hymns.

Emeraldgreen
11-23-2007, 06:52 PM
Thanks everybody for all the wonderful comments about my husband's piano playing. He's thrilled that everyone is being so nice about it! LOL I enjoy listening to his music too! I was thinking I shouldn't even post the video because it's so dark but now I'm sure glad I did. :) He's going to try out some christmas songs tonight on Paddy.

Andrea
11-23-2007, 07:18 PM
Awww....that was so sweet! Does your husband read music or play by ear? It didn't seem like he needed to read the music to me. What beautiful playing!

Paddy is a music lover like my cat Casey is...whenever one of us whistles a tune (he particularly likes the theme song to the British show "Black Adder"), he will come running over and curl up on your lap and pit pat on your stomach and purr. Whenever I sing, he does the same thing. Sometimes, he will listen for a while, leave, and then come back....the music always seems to draw him back!

Thank you for sharing!!!

Andrea

momcat
11-25-2007, 01:27 PM
Bravo to your very talented husband! I had to watch the video twice...once to watch your adorable kitty and again to sit back and just listen to your husband's beautiful music. If your husband doesn't object, please post some of his Christmas music for us?

Thank you so very much for this extra special 2 in 1 treat!

moosmom
11-25-2007, 01:31 PM
Your husband is very talented (loved the song too). I have always loved piano music since I was a child. I think it's a hoot that Paddy sits with him while he plays. Paddy certainly has good taste in music. :D

kitten645
11-25-2007, 04:38 PM
Your husband is very talented and Paddy is adorable! :D I love music and the cats don't seem to be bothered one way or another EXCEPT for bagpipes!! That sends them right into the closet..much to the chagrin of my Scottish boyfriend... :p

phesina
11-25-2007, 04:43 PM
What beautiful music! And so sweet with Paddy sitting there enjoying it. Please thank your husband for me and thank Paddy for introducing the lovely playing via Pet Talk!

Emeraldgreen
11-25-2007, 09:34 PM
Thanks again everybody. I've been reading all the posts to my husband and was so happy to find 4 more today! :)
MOMCAT, back by popular demand, here is the Paddy/Hubby duo with two christmas tunes for you! LOL
p.s. Towards the end of the second song Paddy does the sweetest thing. He's just about to split the scene but before he does, he gives his dad a head bonkie as if to say 'thanks for playing but it's getting late and I gotta run' :D
p.p.s. He's still learning these xmas songs so they're are a few patchy spots. :)
p.p.p.s. Does anyone else have some cat and music videos? I'd love to see them!

PADDY ENJOYS XMAS SONGS WITH DAD (http://s225.photobucket.com/albums/dd102/emeraldcreek/?action=view&current=7e001c68.pbr)

Laura's Babies
11-26-2007, 07:23 AM
That was so sweet when Paddy head bumped him like he was saying "Thanks". I enjoyed this one as much as the first one so tell Hubby "Thanks" for playing for us again.... he can play anytime and I will listen! Heck, I listen to Nora, the cat and I don't know the songs she plays... at least I can hummm along with him!

I am envious of anyone who can play like that... They only thing I can play is the radio.

Grace
11-26-2007, 01:41 PM
How lovely that is. It's http://bestsmileys.com/winter/18.gif here right now, and the music is perfect.

kt_luvs_kitties
11-27-2007, 01:33 AM
Very cute video. I bought a cd a year or so back, called "cat naps" it was a cd and a book set. My cats love all the songs on that cd. You might want to look into that, incase his DaddyKat gets tired of playing for him! I love the videos though, very good! ;)

momcat
11-28-2007, 07:33 PM
Hi Emeraldgreen, This is the first chance I've had to check in. What a treat! The music was wonderful and Paddy is just too darn cute!!! I loved that headbumpie action. Please tell your husband how much I enjoyed his concert again. Could I ask you to give Paddy lots of scritchies and lovies from me?