PDA

View Full Version : Nurse Creamsicle and her sweetness

Medusa
11-22-2007, 08:11 PM
My little Cgirl is something else. As I mentioned in an earlier thread, a friend of mine has been diagnosed w/pancreatic cancer and judging from what the doctors say, he may only have a few months left. Creamsicle loves everyone but she's partial to me, of course, and usually sits on my lap whenever I have company. But today I had friends over for Thanksgiving and she went straight to Roger, put her paw on his face and gave him kisses, then laid her head in his lap and went to sleep. Roger has learned through the years to like cats; he and his wife Pat have always had dogs but they adopted their cat Oscar 17 years ago and Oscar grew on Roger, naturally. However, he never has really warmed up to other people's cats. Creamsicle, though, can make your heart swell without even trying and she sure did it today. She never left Roger's side. It's as though she knows he's ill and she was doing her part to comfort him. I sure do love my little Cgirl.

Freedom
11-22-2007, 08:15 PM
** heavy sigh** what a wonderful story to read this evening! Great girl that Creamsicle; but you already knew that. ;)

phesina
11-22-2007, 08:23 PM
Oh, what a lovely story! Bless you, Creamsicle and Roger, and Mary.

Catty1
11-22-2007, 08:36 PM
Bless that little Creamsicle! I hope Roger enjoyed the attention.

And - I hope the doctors find that their "may have only" is even better than that, and that Roger has a long and comfortable life.

Laura's Babies
11-22-2007, 09:25 PM
I am sure they have a built in sense about things like that. I don't think Boo left Mama's side the day she died.

My brothers daughter is mentally handicapped and when they come, Amy sticks like glue to her. She never sits in companys lap but she will stay in this girls lap all day (and looks at me and I swear she is smiling).

catmandu
11-23-2007, 05:32 PM
We are praying that yoour Friend Roger proves the Doctors wrong and has a lot longer to live, and that hes not in pain. That was wonderful of Creamsicle to try and ease his pain.
Cats are far better at sensing certain things far better than we, they I am sure can sense pain. They were so kind to Almond Rocca Baton and Precious before thier passing and they often got extra headbumps, kisses and baths.
We are adding Roger to Our Prayers tonight.

momcat
11-25-2007, 01:53 PM
It is amazing how our kitties sense things. From the very first time I held Groucho he has always gone to my left shoulder without exception and never varied. About a year and a half ago I suddenly lost all hearing in my right ear. After a series of tests, the ENT doctor determined I needed a hearing aid. The day I got it and got home, Groucho went straight to my right shoulder! It was the first time he ever did that.

Prayers are being prayed for your friend, Roger and his family.