PDA

View Full Version : Chip Returns Dog 6 Years Later!!!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
08-09-2002, 10:06 AM
There was a story on the news the other night that I thought everyone might find interesting.

A couple lost their dog. They put up posters and asked everyone they knew if they had seen it. They waited and hoped the dog would be found and returned. They were devasted, but eventually gave up hope and went on with their lives. I believe they live in Florida, and the dog was one of those small, hairy, adorably cute things that I just can't remember the name of. :rolleyes:

A few days ago, someone in Ohio (I believe) found a poor little doggy wondering the streets. They picked him up and brought him to a vet. After doing a thorough check up on the dog and finding him fine but a bit scruffy, they read the doggie's ID chip and found the name and address of the owners - in Florida!

When the owners were contacted they couldn't believe it.....the poor puppy had been missing for 6 years!

They said the dog was fine and had not lived on the street for 6 years. It was obvious that the dog had been well taken care of except for the last few days, and no one knew why he was out on the street, or how he had gotten from Florida to Ohio. The good news was the owners were ecstatic to have their baby alive and well and back home again. :)

Sorry if some of the details are hazy. I heard this a few days ago and haven't had a chance to post it until today.

inkspot14
08-09-2002, 10:35 AM
that is so cool. i feel happy for them!:)

Sara luvs her Tinky
08-09-2002, 10:38 AM
:eek: WOW :eek:
I think that is the best happy ending story I have ever heard!!! Could you imagine after SIX years being reunited with a lost doggy... or kitty... or anything for that matter!! Man I bet that reunion was a SUPER happy one!! What a cool story! I just hope who ever had the puppy for the six years took good care of him.... well maybe it doesn't matter he is back home now. :cool: :cool: :cool:

lovemymaltese
08-09-2002, 10:41 AM
What an odd story. It is crazy how things work out. Atleast they got there baby back.

Piglet
08-09-2002, 11:00 AM
What a happy story :) One of those times that you wish that animals could talk! I wonder where he was all those years..and strange that nobody bothered to check that microchip earlier!!

Logan
08-09-2002, 11:12 AM
PANAMA CITY BEACH, Fla. -- A dog missing for six years has been reunited with her family after a stranger found her roaming the streets in Cincinnati and used a microchip to trace her back to north Florida.
Pooh Bear, a 13-year-old black Pomeranian, had a microchip about the size of a grain of rice implanted under her skin when she was a pup.

The chip can be scanned to identify the pet and its owner.

Her owner, Bambi Lesne, of Panama City, said she was heartbroken when the dog was stolen in 1996.

"She went everywhere with us, she was like one of my children,'' Lesne said.

After three years, she and her daughter, Codi, now 19, gave up hope of seeing her again.

Then a dirty and matted Pooh Bear was spotted July 5 walking near a marina in Cincinnati some 620 miles north of her home.

A woman found the dog took her to a veterinarian, who scanned the microchip.

Cincinnati veterinarian Dr. Cheryl Devine said she expected the pet had been missing for months, but not six years.

"And I've been able to track dogs before, but not down to Florida,'' she said.

Lesne met the woman at Birmingham, Ala., to reclaim her pet July 17.

"When I got home that evening, she saw my daughter Codi and howled with joy,'' Lesne said. "It gave me chill bumps. I've never seen anything like it.''

The dog has a few more gray hairs on her muzzle and underwent an operation for a hernia, but is otherwise healthy and happy to be home, Lesne said.

Copyright 2002 by The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed

Sudilar
08-09-2002, 12:28 PM
What a "feel good" story!!!! :D:D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
08-09-2002, 01:03 PM
Thanks, Logan, for providing the details. I thought it was a great story, but the "howled for joy" part I didn't know. I'm so glad they are back together again. :)

NoahsMommy
08-09-2002, 01:46 PM
Yay! That is such a wonderful story!!!!

When I was at the vet on Monday, a woman asked to get her dog microchipped, it's only $43.00! I thought that was a great deal, considering.

AmberLee
08-09-2002, 07:31 PM
What a miracle! I'm crying with joy.

sammi
08-10-2002, 11:45 AM
That was a good feeling story!;)