PDA

View Full Version : Thursday #239 - HAPPY THANKSGIVING

gini
11-21-2007, 10:03 PM
Could we all join hands (and paws) and say a prayer today for our service men and women in Iraq and other service men and women all over the globe.
May they be safe and return home to their loved ones. A prayer for all people who are less fortunate than we are - most Americans have so much - we lose sight of what is enough!

O.K. - now - who is roasting the turkey - who is making that stuffing - is it ready?

Cranberry Sauce
Homemade Rolls
Peas
French bean casserole
Mashed Potatoes
Sweet Potatoes
Pecan Pie
Pumpkin Pie
Whipped Cream

and the beverages.........

Let's see...... Sara is bringing Cider and Maker's Mark - what else would you like aside from ice cold water?

I will make the pies and provide the whipped cream.

It's gonna be a GREAT DAY!

Hugs to everyone!

RedHedd
11-21-2007, 10:23 PM
Uh oh. Mario's shooting marbles - no, Mario, those aren't marbles, they're our cranberries! :D

Here's to a peaceful Thanksgiving Day for everyone. We have a lot to be grateful for, starting with all my friends here at Thursdays on PT.

Need some help smashing them taters, Gini?

Cinder & Smoke
11-21-2007, 10:27 PM
Could we all join hands (and paws) and say a prayer today for our service men and women in Iraq and other service men and women all over the globe.
May they be safe and return home to their loved ones. A prayer for all people who are less fortunate than we are - most Americans have so much - we lose sight of what is enough!

O.K. - now - who is roasting the turkey - who is making that stuffing - is it ready?

Cranberry Sauce
Homemade Rolls
Peas
French bean casserole
Mashed Potatoes
Sweet Potatoes
Pecan Pie
Pumpkin Pie
Whipped Cream

ROGER on the Prayers ... DONE!

Now, who's making my Grammy's specialty ... lil tiny Cremed Onions with most anything else ya got -
peas, green beans, she even did it with :eek: Lima Beans :p once ... and I ATE 'em!

:D

Pawsitive Thinking
11-22-2007, 04:03 AM
Added my prayers

Get those drinkies lined up so I can mourn the death of English football last night :rolleyes: :(

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/7100393.stm

what a shambles

KYS
11-22-2007, 09:24 AM
Add my prayers too.
It's not a traditional side dish, but I'll make and cyber over the spinach quiche.

Happy Thanksgiving. :)

Randi
11-22-2007, 01:20 PM
Uhmmm, Pecan Pie - that sounds like something I would like!! Honestly, I've never tried one before. I'll have a go and hopefully have one ready in an hour. :)

How about this recipe - will that do?

Pecan Pie Recipes

Ingredients:
3 eggs
1 cup sugar
1 cup light corn syrup
2 tablespoons butter, melted
2 tablespoons almond-flavored liqueur, such as Amaretto
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup pecans
1 pie crust (9 inch size), unbaked or frozen
Turn this recipe into a puzzle! [click]

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In a medium bowl, slightly beat eggs with a fork. Add sugar, corn syrup, butter, almond liqueur and vanilla; stir until blended. Stir in pecans. Pour into pie crust.

Bake 50 to 55 minutes, or until a knife inserted halfway between center and edge comes out clean and center of pie appears barely set.

Cool on wire rack.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Edwina's Secretary
11-22-2007, 01:27 PM
What about the soup Gini? I'm making butternup squash soup. Will that do? (Goes well with Maker's Mark! ;) )

momoffuzzyfaces
11-22-2007, 01:42 PM
Prayers from me too!
Chester wants to bring some Pounce treats for all the kitties:
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d3/MOFF55/th_chester000_2949.jpg (http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d3/MOFF55/chester000_2949.jpg)
(Let go!!! Chester!!! You have to share!!!)

Karen
11-22-2007, 05:35 PM
I'll make grandma's stuffing, and there are pumpkin cookies and some rolls leftover.

Killearn Kitties
11-22-2007, 05:45 PM
Oooo this sounds a great feast! I'll have some of everything - not quite sure what I can add though. I made a wonderful red cabbage and apple thingy with the Turkey last Christmas. How about that? Would it go with the rest of the Thanksgiving stuff?

A revivalof the home internationals would be good though Denise!

RICHARD
11-22-2007, 07:35 PM
hi EVERYONE.

I had to check in today!

Yes, Thanks to all the soldiers, marines and sailors.

Can I start pouring drinks....I have until Monday to party!

-----------------

Poor Coach.....

Can we send you Becks and Posh back?

Killearn Kitties
11-23-2007, 04:13 AM
:D That's making them an offer they can easily refuse!

Will I get the breakfast on, or did you all eat too much yesterday? How about something light?

Laurie, how's the foot?

Pawsitive Thinking
11-23-2007, 05:52 AM
A revivalof the home internationals would be good though Denise!

Doubt we would qualify for that either :D

Pawsitive Thinking
11-23-2007, 05:53 AM

No you can't!

Edwina's Secretary
11-23-2007, 12:18 PM
I don't think Beck and Posh would make a very good breakfast...too skinny and too much plastic.... :D :rolleyes: :D

RICHARD
11-24-2007, 05:37 PM
Does posh ever smile? :confused:

-------------

Who wants seconds?

And Randi...What about that pie...I am dying to know how it turned out.

I have some sparkling cranberry and apple cider.....anyone want a splash?

DONE!

Killearn Kitties
11-25-2007, 05:12 AM
Sparkling cranberry and apple cider sounds wonderful! I'll have a splash.

Once upon a time Posh used to smile ... long time ago ... before she was married ...

davidpizzica
11-25-2007, 12:56 PM
RICHARD, I'll also join KK in having a cranberry and apple drink. Sounds delicious!

momoffuzzyfaces
11-25-2007, 04:50 PM
Looks like everyone is napping from all the food.

Hey, Mario, I got hot chocolate with marshmallows and a tape of White Christmas. Want to watch?

Yes, you can have popcorn too. Any one else want to join us? :)

We have freezing rain and snow on the agenda for tonight. Good evening to snuggle in with snacks and a movie. :D

davidpizzica
11-25-2007, 08:41 PM
Connie, let me grab a hot chocolate (oops! a little TOO hot!) and you, me, and Mario can listen to Bing Crosby sing White Christmas. Okay, Mario?

Sevaede
11-26-2007, 01:52 AM
I can make the whipped cream! :D I make my own whipped cream all the time! It turns out great. :D

RICHARD
11-26-2007, 11:10 PM
A round of cran apple cider?

DONE! :D

cassiesmom
11-28-2007, 04:38 PM
Good evening to snuggle in with snacks and a movie. :D

It's Wednesday night ... That means Thursday is almost here again ... Barkeep, can I have a shot of peppermint Schnapps in my cocoa, please? It's cold outside! And, if we're going to have a film festival, can we please see "Elf"? I love that movie. Especially the part where Buddy pours maple syrup on his spaghetti!