PDA

View Full Version : Attn: MOFF - tell us about your kitties

gini
11-21-2007, 02:07 PM
Connie, I was looking at the wonderful pictures of your babies and I realized that I didn't know a lot about them.

Probably you have posted over the years about them, but I have missed it.

Can you tell us how you got each one - did you name them - how old they are
and how you are going to wean Leonardo off of junk food?:D

Happy Thanksgiving too!

xxoo

catmandu
11-21-2007, 08:43 PM
What No Treats For Leonardo!!
Joseph Says That Calls For A Boycott!
Although Hes On Science Diet Dry Kitten Foo Beacuse Of His Sensative Teeth. Temptations For King Leonardo!!!

AmberLee
11-22-2007, 12:02 AM
Here, here. More info on your cuties sounds good!

momoffuzzyfaces
11-22-2007, 01:34 PM
Goodness, you all must be needing some reading material!!! ;)

Oh, Leonardo will have some treats as soon as I get them back from our Pounce thief:
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d3/MOFF55/th_chester000_2949.jpg (http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d3/MOFF55/chester000_2949.jpg)

I found Leonardo in 1990. His mom abandoned him outside my kitchen window. He had one eye partially open and his mouth wide open screaming his widdle head off. He was about 10 days old then. He has been my baby ever since. He is now 17. He has some thyroid problems and will need to be on meds the rest of his life but doing well. :)

Luke introduced himself by getting into my car's motor and yelling for all he was worth when I started the car. He was greasy and full of fleas and had a gas problem that would knock a horse down. After a trip to the vet and regular kitty meals, the gas problem went away. A bath took care of the fleas.
He has the sweetest temperment of the bunch but can be stuborn when he puts his mind to it. He is 14 now. :D

Chester, I found in 2000. The 5th of July, I heard this little baby in one of my trees screaming! Who could blame him? Apparently, he was there all night during which the neighbors shot off all sorts of loud fireworks. I would have screamed too. It took a while to get him down, but when I did, he moved in with me. He was only a few months old at the time. He is the mischief maker of the group. He is still terrified of loud noises though. :( He is the baby of the group at 7. :D

Grandma was originally called Little Momma because someone dumped her at my house when she was just a baby and pregnant. We raised her babies but before I could get her spayed, she was expecting again. She helped raise her grandbabies along with her second litter. Then I took her and her daughter and got them spayed. That's when she became Grandma. :)

Grandma disappeared for about a year. I figured she wouldn't come back. But one day, there she was. She had a bad UTI. I took her to the vet and with medicine, she was ok. She was real shy and hard to get to know. I knew I had to bring her in the house or she would take off forever. So, in she came in 2003. She's been here ever since. She was 8 at that time. She is just now, after 4 years, starting to feel comfortable in the house. Sometimes, I think she would love to get outside and take off again. At 12 she rules the roost! :D

I did not even try to find the owers of any of my babies. I figured if their owners left them outside in the conditions I found them, they weren't getting them back. :(

So, now aren't you sorry you asked? :D

sirrahved
11-22-2007, 02:09 PM
Good to know more about your babies! I don't blame you at all for not trying to find the "owners" of your babies. Great stories!

Killearn Kitties
11-22-2007, 02:35 PM
Those babies all knew where they would be looked after! :D Lucky things! I know what they are all thankful for today.

Randi
11-22-2007, 02:51 PM
Gini, that was clever - we don't get much info on MOFF's kitties if she isn't forced, do we! ;)

MOFF, I love the stories, and I agree that they didn't deserve to go back to their former "families". They're so much better off with you! :D

Luke should be Lucky Luke, he sure was lucky to get away from your car and cleaned up! :eek:

No wonder Chester is still scared of loud noises. Fister hates it too!

Aww, what a great mom Grandma was. It seems she wanted some more exitement, but I'm so glad she came back to safety in the end. :)

Give them all kisses!

catmandu
11-22-2007, 02:53 PM
Certainly Some Interesting Stories And Leonardo Certainly Is One Handsome Cat, A Tribute To The Love And Care That This Senior Kittyzen Has Recieved.
They Are All Such Excellelnt Cat Companions, And You Must Have Been Delighted And Overwhelmed When Grandma Made Her Way Home. I Know How Relieved I Was When Moose Came Home After Two Months.

momoffuzzyfaces
11-23-2007, 12:40 PM
Good to know more about your babies! I don't blame you at all for not trying to find the "owners" of your babies. Great stories!
Actually, one of the neighbor kids stopped by when I was outside one day. He told me he thought Luke was his cat. (he had seen Luke sitting in a window) I told him they would have to prove he was theirs plus pay for the vet bills and all the food I'd fed him since I had adopted him. Never heard from that kid again! :D

zippy-kat
11-23-2007, 12:50 PM
Aren't they the sweetest bunch?!

Thanks for sharing their stories, MOFF. Give them all ear-skritchies for me, ok?

{{hugs}}

gini
11-24-2007, 02:21 PM
Thank you Connie, for the stories on your babies. I fully understand not trying too hard to find the original owners. I too, figured if they showed up at my house in such poor condition - someone out there didn't love them very much.

That was the situation with my beloved Magic. He was such a wonderful and loving boy - I kinda "whispered" around the neighborhood - anyone missing a black cat? I waited "two seconds" - got no answer - and he was MINE!

I do think that on some level they realize that they have been rescued, that I love them and they will always have a good home. They sure do pour on the love in return.

I just brushed all three of mine and the room is vibrating with all of the purring going on.:D

Connie - thanks again - each one of your kitties is a gift!! Please give them some loving from me.

momcat
11-25-2007, 01:36 PM
So, now aren't you sorry you asked? :D
NOPE!

What great stories and what fortunate kitties finding you!

Dorothy39
11-26-2007, 06:30 AM
Goodness, you all must be needing some reading material!!! ;) says Moff.

Well......It is great reading material and I'm glad that I've had the chance to learn more about your fabulous felines!!!

I knew the story of how Grandma came about, but I never knew that she took off and was missing for a year~ :eek:

Your widdle babies sure have been blessed ......It's like they knew where to go when there seemed to be no one else to turn to. :cool: