PDA

View Full Version : I "get" to have All Four of my Wisdom Teeth out Tomorrow at 9:00 AM!

NoahsMommy
11-20-2007, 10:50 PM
Woohhoo! Yippee!! Aren't I "lucky"!?!?!? :)

No, I'm actually happy to be rid of them. I've been having migrains and a ton of pain from the middle of my mouth to the entire right side of my right face all the way up to my ear, eye, cheek and nose for the week and I just cannot take it any more. I was so lucky to have the oral surgeon I met with today tell me that he had an opening at 9:00 a.m because "people tend to bail out on them during holidays." Works for me. Get these painful suckers OUT of my HEAD, OWIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :( :( :eek: :eek: :o :o

So would you all wish me luck and say some prayers for me tomorrow? Needless to say, my Thanksgiving is going to be pretty painful and I may sleep right through it, but that's OK. I'll at least come out and say "Hello" to everyone on Turkeyday and then return to my cave.

Just wanted to share. Thank you for the prayers and good wishes.

Love, Kelly ;)

Karen
11-20-2007, 10:53 PM
Hey, leftovers are part of the celebration, too right? Have them at least save you some stuffing - little chewing required for that or the mashed potatoes!

Good luck tomorrow, we'll be thinking of you!

K9karen
11-20-2007, 11:04 PM
Yup, I'm with ya, girl. Sometimes it's worth short term pain to get rid of the never ending pain. I'm glad the surgeon squeezed you in. Enjoy a painless, comfortable sleep and speedy recovery. Turkey another day. Take care, Kelly, I'll be thinking of you...

AmberLee
11-20-2007, 11:07 PM
{{{Kelly}}}

~~~ healing vibes ~~~ and while your T'day may not be the most fun, think how wonderful it will be to have it over and ... whoowhee ... by Christmas and New Years this will be just a memory.

Hang in there, dear.

shais_mom
11-20-2007, 11:12 PM
wow!
good luck sweets
txt when you can!

Cinder & Smoke
11-20-2007, 11:33 PM
You can still have your Turkey Dinner ...

Just tell Mom to toss yours in the Blender for a few minutes,

then add some Vodka for "gravey" ... and Sipp it down with a big straw.

:D

Hope all goes well in the morning! ;)

krazyaboutkatz
11-21-2007, 12:02 AM
Kelly, I hope that everything will go well and that this will soon be a distant memory. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Rachel
11-21-2007, 07:27 AM
Nothing like pain to motivate one to do what needs to be done. Here's to an easy extraction and little post surgery discomfort. Good for you, Kelly, taking advantage of a golden opportunity to get those suckers out of there.

Laura's Babies
11-21-2007, 08:24 AM
Good luck and heal fast! (Leftovers are the best part of Thanksgiving so enjoy those!)

Pawsitive Thinking
11-21-2007, 08:30 AM
All at the same time??? Ouch!!!! Good luck

Freedom
11-21-2007, 08:51 AM
Best wishes for an easy time and a quick recovery.

My Peanuts
11-21-2007, 09:16 AM
I'm thinking about you Kelly, especially since all four of mine are coming out a week from tomorrow at 9:00am! Let me know the details, the scary stuff and the stuff that isn't so bad. Everyday I freak out a little more! :rolleyes: I've never had surgery and I'm a big baby. Plus I've had these teeth for 10 years with no problems till now!

mina'smomma
11-21-2007, 09:56 AM
You'll be in my thoughts hun. I had mine out a few years back and it wasn't too bad I guess. Just think you'll get to enjoy the best part of Turkey Day. LEFTOVERS :D

lbaker
11-21-2007, 10:50 AM
Make sure if you are supposed to take pain killers you have something in your stomach, even if the idea of "eating" anything is painful. That was not really stressed to me and man oh man was THAT a mistake :( Good luck :)

Gin
11-21-2007, 11:09 AM
Kelly, you've already had your surgery, and here's hoping everything went well! I had a wisdom tooth out, and it wasn't bad at all. What I remember chiefly is being high as a kite from the great drugs they gave me.

Rest and recuperate, and be sure to keep us updated!

slick
11-21-2007, 11:15 AM
You can still have your Turkey Dinner ...
Just tell Mom to toss yours in the Blender for a few minutes,
then add some Vodka for "gravey" ... and Sipp it down with a big straw.
:D;) Now that's my kind of turkey dinner!!!!;)
Kelly, I story and not meaning to scare you and keep in mind this happened before you were born....yeah, that long ago.....1971 to be exact!
I had all four of my teeth pulled at once. The 4 beautiful pink pills they gave me an hour ahead of time helped to take me "far far away". Trouble is, after the sir jury oral hygiene was not emphasized by the dentist, at least not to me that is. So I had mine pulled on a Thursday. By Saturday I was in so much pain I was ready to die. Another trip to the dentist proved that my gums had become badly infected (yes all 4) and I had to have them all cut open again, drained and cleansed and stitched up again. Never in my life have I experienced so much pain all at once....not even my cancer sir jury last year.

Now, things have changed alot since then but one thing remains the same. Rinse, rinse, and more rinsing. If you can't open your mouth wide enough to fit in a toothbrush, then have your Mom buy some oral rinse. Oh yes, and did I say rinse??

...and yes, I had to suck blenderized food through a straw for about a week but my circumstances were different.

Thinking of you today sweetie!!! Please come and post an update if you feel like it.

gini
11-21-2007, 12:04 PM
Oh Kelly, you should be out of surgery by now. How I feel for you - having these teeth removed just isn't any fun.

But on the brighter side - you will be very Thankful they are gone!
Take good care of yourself and I hope all heals very fast for you.

pitc9
11-21-2007, 12:15 PM
Thinking of you!

And pay close attention when they give you instructions on preventing Dry Sockets!!! :eek:

NoahsMommy
11-23-2007, 07:50 PM
Seriously???? Not only am I in WORSE pain, but I've ALREADY got dry socket in my two lower um...sockets (????)

The sir-jury wasn't bad at all. My oral surgeon, his sir-jury crew and staff are all FAB-U-lous, I love the heck outta them, and thats not the meds talking, I swear! ;) I went to sleep, didn't even remember that part, I only remember him asking me if the Fentanyl was making me feel all calm and happy (yes, it is, why thank you Doc!) Then I felt something really painful in my mouth and I remembering trying to protest because I was hurting and then no pain at all and then later having his nurse waking me up.

His office gave Jerry (my step-dad) and I a gift-card to Jamba Juice (fruit smoothie place popular in CA/west coast) and was told to go get a smooth WITHOUT SEEDS, NO STRAWS and to promptly take my pain pills and then put myself to bed. I got that smoothie all over myself...I looked cute, let me tell you! I'm sure Jerry enjoyed that. He isn't one for messes.

Once home, I put myself to bed and slept the anesthesia away and then awoke to a whole lotta pain. Fun stuff! Took my meds, removed all that icky gauze and was bleeding, so I had to put more in my mouth and proceeded to look like a chipmunk - in case you're wondering, I'm a kind cute chipmunk. ;) :D

That night was rough...and it has proceeded to be rough...as I said, I have "dry socket" in both lower surgical sites or sockets (??) and had to go back in today while the nurse cleaned out my mouth (OUCH) and packed my sockets (I have sockets. fun.) with a numbing, medicinal, YUCKY, concoction that has cloves in it. My mouth tastes like cloves, ALL THE TIME now. After that experience, my mouth/teeth felt a tiny bit better....and then felt worse again. I called them again this afternoon and they called in more meds for me and told me not to chew ANYTHING. I am to live off of things like yogurt, applesauce, pudding, ice cream, juice, milk, smoothies, etc. Sounds good to me, as eating hurt like heck anyway, even if it was just a roll or cranberry bread for Thanksgiving - of which I had barely any of and was the resident chipmunk.

Oh, and it doesn't help that the parents don't even realize that I've had SURGERY on all four of these teeth. Ugh...they've expected me to help with Thanksgiving - the cooking, the serving, the taking down of the decorations. I'm so THANKFUL they're finally gone now - out shopping finally out of my hair. Praise God I'm finally alone and can recuperate on my own. Thank you God!!!

Thank you PTers for your concern and well wishes. :) I'll try and report back over the weekend.

Hugs and Love,
Kelly and her Sockets!

AmberLee
11-23-2007, 10:42 PM
Ouch! ~~~ healing vibes ~~~ and {{{gentle hugs}}} dear.

krazyaboutkatz
11-24-2007, 02:09 AM
Kelly, I'm sorry to hear that things aren't going well for you.:( I seem to remember that when I had my wisdom out that I was told to be sure to leave the guaze that they packed my sockets with in my mouth. They would remove it in a few weeks or so. Part of it started coming out but I had to just leave it alone. Luckliy I didn't have any problems. I sure hope that you'll heal quickly and be able to remain painfree. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

Laura's Babies
11-24-2007, 08:36 AM
I knew having all 4 out at one time would be no walk in the park..HOWEVER, soon all the pain will be gone and all that be behind you and life will be normal again. That day will come soon so just hang in there!

NoahsMommy
11-26-2007, 05:15 PM
Thank you all so much for the kind words and healing thoughts. Today is the first day I actually feel OK...I haven't had to take any of the pain meds for my mouth at all...something I didn't think possible these past few days - even yesturday!

I have to say, if I didn't have all four taken out, there is NO WAY I'd go back for more of this "fun". But....I think it really had more to do with me getting that dry socket the next day after surgery. That is the pain that I couldn't stand. It felt different from the surgical pain, it was this throbbing, radiating, stabbing, horrible pain - "worst pain, EVER" category. As soon as I went back into Dr. Rahn's office on Friday a.m. and they cleaned out my cute little sockets (yay!) and put that icky, yet numby clove medicine in, it help the pain after a few days - just look at me now!! I'm still being VERY cautious about eating ANYTHING because that part hurts, but I can talk and yawn without crying, which is a great.

Thank you!!!!

Love, Kelly and her sockets!!

Karen
11-26-2007, 05:52 PM
Just gotta say "Kelly and the Sockets" sounds like a rock band!

Glad you are feeling better.