PDA

View Full Version : Proud Mama

kallisto4529
11-20-2007, 10:11 PM
Some may think this is silly and that is ok. lol

Reilly is 10 months old now and this morning for the first time when Jeff and I were walking him, he hiked his leg to potty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It made me so proud and at the same time made me sad, I actually teared up a little, my baby is growing up!!!!! I just took him out again and he did it a little bit, he is still kinda off balance some but you can tell he is trying.
The last 7 wks Reilly has been going to obedience school, I took him by myself tonight because Jeff is sick, he did really good, next week God willing he graduates. We have seen such a huge change in him and with us. The relationship he has with Jeff now was so worth doing this class, not to mention Reilly is much happier now that Mom and Dad's head is screwed on right...lol He now knows what we want from him and we know the proper way to show him. He has calmed down considerably, he still has his hyper moments but we expect that he is still a puppy, but he is so much easier to be around now when he is. Well that is it just wanted to share our BIG BOY moment with you all.
Reilly says Hi and licks to everyone.

Kfamr
11-20-2007, 10:19 PM
I'm so glad Reilly is doing so well! I know what you mean about the whole leg lifting thing - I was proud when Mufasa did it the first time. He doesn't do it all the time, it's really rare for him actually.

Good luck with obedience! I'm sure he'll graduate! :)

Any new photos, I'm sure he's a big boy now? Hugs to him. :)

kallisto4529
11-20-2007, 10:39 PM
I promise this weekend I will get pics up, I do have some new ones of him, just have not hooked the thing up the computer yet to be able to load them, but this weekend I will. lol

critter crazy
11-20-2007, 10:43 PM
He he he he he!! I was proud too when Duke lifted his leg to potty for the forst time as well. He only did it this summer, and he was 2 in April!!:D Silly boy!

So Glad to hear that Reily is doing so great! Keep up the Fabulous Work!

Taz_Zoee
11-20-2007, 10:45 PM
Yay! My little Reilly boy!! :D What a huge accomplishment. ;)
And yes, pictures would be nice, since I haven't seen him since he was about 5 months old, I think. :p
And I am so glad to hear that he is doing so well in school. Way to go Reilly! And way to go Daddy too! We have Zoee's accomplishment certificate hanging on the wall here in the office. hee hee Even though I think she needs to go back. :o
Well, I look forward to seeing pictures of the big boy. And I hope Jeff is feeling better soon.
Hugs to all of you, including Bei-Jing. :)

K9karen
11-20-2007, 10:52 PM
I'm with ya! When Cody first wobbled on a lifted leg, I was happy/sad..growing up but too fast! Luckily, he often changed his method and sometimes didn't do liftie. So then happiness turned into embarassment! :rolleyes: :D :o
At the dog park, Klo will lift her leg to pee on a tree after the "boys" are done!! :D

Congratulations on puppy school! It sure helps, doesn't it (they trained me). Surely Reilly will gradulate with flying colors!

pitc9
11-21-2007, 09:29 AM
Ahhh.. the little guy is growing up!