PDA

View Full Version : Testing out the new camera (pics)

Giselle
11-20-2007, 08:36 PM
I'm having a lot of fun with my new camera! I've barely touched the surface of what this camera can do so I'm a little disappointed with how mediocre my initial pictures are, but, eh, what do you expect after only two days? :p

For some reason, I can never get the lighting quite right when shooting Lucky, but I'm trying:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v474/LSophie/The%20Dogs/DSC_0026.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v474/LSophie/The%20Dogs/DSC_0024.jpg

Giselle:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v474/LSophie/The%20Dogs/adjusted.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v474/LSophie/The%20Dogs/DSC_0021.jpg

None of Ivy. Lighting was bad and I didn't want to use flash and that boogerhead wouldn't calm down :rolleyes:

Taz_Zoee
11-20-2007, 08:54 PM
Aww Lucky is so darn cute! You must bring him with you next time we meet, please. :)
And of course, the beautiful Giselle. :)
Oh yeah, good pictures too. LOL

Ginger's Mom
11-20-2007, 09:45 PM
Aww Lucky is so darn cute! You must bring him with you next time we meet, please. :)

Oooh, I would be soo jealous. I just love that smushy little face, he is too cute. I do think your new camera shows off that precious face much better. Nice job. :D And, of course, Giselle looks beautiful. But she always looks beautiful.

Toby's my baby
11-21-2007, 09:42 AM
Great photos!! I think they both look beautiful!! :) I hope we get to see more soon! Thanks for sharing!

Canis-Lupess
11-21-2007, 09:52 AM
I can't see much of a lighting issue on the Lucky shots but with his face being the flat type, be careful not to meter off his nose area when focusing which is very dark otherwise the rest of him will be blown out. Meter off a mid tone on his face and you can lift the shadows in photoshop if needed.

The only other things are to avoid wide angle at all costs. It distorts and looks horrid unless you are using it specifically to get an artistic type of distortion. It's always better to get a bit further away from the dog and then zoom in than being too close and having to zoom out. The second one of Giselle demostrates this distortion quite a lot. Look at how tiny her body is compared to the over-sized head in it. The first one of her is much better but try and be more observant as to backgrounds so that you don't have destracting objects like the fence sticking out from behind her etc... Also, be careful of overly bright skies behind dark ears...as you can notice with her ear that sticks up being bled into by the brightness.
Secondly, never take photos looking down at them. Easier said than done with small dogs but photos where you are looking down at them are unflattering for the dog to say the least and will never be anything other than snapshot quality. If you need to buy waterproofs to lay on the ground, so be it and get laying on the ground... :D

I know, lots of criticisms but I get the impression you wanted to get better photos so these are just helpful suggestions. Happy snapping.

BC_MoM
11-21-2007, 12:14 PM
What are you talking about? Those are GREAT for first shots! Can't wait to see what you can do with it eventually if you think THAT is bad.

kimlovescats
11-21-2007, 12:16 PM
Oh, I just wanted to lean forward and kiss that little nosie of Lucky's! Too cute! Giselle is gorgeous as well.

Kim

shais_mom
11-21-2007, 12:22 PM
gosh I can almost feel Lucky's softness!!!
And Giselle's sleekness!!! :D
great pics!!

binka_nugget
11-21-2007, 12:24 PM
Those look great Sophie! :D 'Grats on the new camera!

caseysmom
11-21-2007, 01:20 PM
Those are really great pictures of lucky and miss giselle is looking elegant as usual.

Jadapit
11-21-2007, 01:35 PM
I think the pictures are really, really good. Lucky is so adorable. Giselle is such a beauty. There are some people here that take their greyhound to the ball field on the weekends. I love to watch her run, its a beautiful thing! :D

pitc9
11-21-2007, 03:12 PM
GREAT pictures!
Can't wait to see more!
:D