PDA

View Full Version : Wonderful News...update 11/25/07

moosmom
11-20-2007, 12:20 PM
A friend of mine runs a rescue called Sabita's Rescue. I called to see if she needed any help with phone calls, socializing ferals, etc.

Well, there's a bait shop near us that has a mama, and 5 babies. 2 of the babies are from her first litter. The other 3 are 4 weeks old. She's friendly but the bait shop is closing soon and they need to get mama and babies out of there as it snowed here last night and it's cold. First order of business before they come here is the vet.

Because she isn't feral, we'll be able to keep her with her babies. Another volunteer will take the other two kittens and try to find homes.

I'll post pictures once they're here and settled.

kb2yjx
11-20-2007, 12:36 PM
You are doing a great thing!!! HAPPY THANKSGIVING to you, your pets and the fosters!!!!

Freedom
11-20-2007, 01:54 PM
Aw, how wonderful! Best wishes.

Laura's Babies
11-20-2007, 02:58 PM
Are you saying you get the Mama WITH those 4 weeks old BABIES!! EEEEEEEEK! How exciting!!! OH! I am so excited!! I have 2 more weeks off and I will expect plenty of pictures SOON! OOOOOOH! I can't wait!!! :D

lvpets2002
11-20-2007, 04:01 PM
;) Many many Congrats Donna.. These babies will keep you laughing at all times.. Pics pics Please..

sirrahbed
11-20-2007, 04:25 PM
:D Baby kittens are sure to lift spirits this holiday and I will enjoy pictures and stories, too.

moosmom
11-20-2007, 04:40 PM
I have them in a big rabbit cage which gives them plenty of room. Only problem is, I'd LOVE to keep them in my room, but MooShoo, being the spoiled boy that he is, wouldn't tolerate my bedroom door being closed all the time. So, the cage is in my bathroom, in the shower stall. I have a very small bathroom. Won't fit under the sink. So, I have an issue with bathing. I'll either have to removed the cage with the cats in it to take a shower, or shower at my daughter's house before I go to work tomorrow. I don't mind being inconvenienced knowing these babies are now safe and warm.

Mama is THE sweetest thing and loves her babies. She doesn't mind when I pick them up.

Now I need names. Any suggestions?? I want to name the mother Mamacita. The babies are both girls and black. What do ya think of Lola and Lulu???

sasvermont
11-20-2007, 05:39 PM
Didn't you just fail fostering 101? Hehehehehehehe. Where are the photos?

:) ;) :D

Medusa
11-20-2007, 05:45 PM
Aw, what a wonderful thing to happen at Thanksgiving. You're luck to have kittens in your home and they're lucky, too.

catmandu
11-20-2007, 06:49 PM
This Certainly Will Be A Thansgiving Day That You Will Always Remember When You Gave That Mamma Cat And Her Baies A New Lease On Life.
The Lucky Found Paradise Hotel Cats, Porch Cats And All Of Our Angels Are Saluting You For Your Kindness.

moosmom
11-20-2007, 07:02 PM
Sallyanne,

I sure did fail Fostering 101 and proud of it!!!!!!

They've settled in nicely and I gotta tell ya, she is a sweet thing. They're still nursing, so I estimate they're 4 weeks old. They got their nails trimmed today so did Mama with absolutely no resistence whatsoever. Their ears are clean and they don't seem to have fleas.

Mama's name is going to be Isabella. I though Lulu and Daisy would be the names of the two girls. But I'm up for suggestions.

As far as pictures, I figured I'd give them a couple of days to settle in.

sasvermont
11-21-2007, 10:19 AM
Oh my. How tempting. Nope, three is my limit. I think <--- (operative word) kittens usually have a better chance of being adopted than older cats.

Get those photos soon, or we will just burst with not knowing what these furry things look like......

Thanks for being such a good fur Mom! Foster, riiiiiiggggghhhhtttt. Actually, I can see where having this many extras would be too much and you have to relinquish them to some other household(s).

Camp Vermont is full. Remember that.

;)
Sas

moosmom
11-21-2007, 11:46 AM
Sallyanne,

CampVT full??? Oh come now, just one more won't hurt. Besides, these little black girls are P-R-E-C-I-O-U-S!!! What's one more poo in the box, right???

I got the surprize of my life this morning when I woke up to go to the bathroom. There Isabella was, laying on my bathroom rug OUTSIDE the cage!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: She probably needed a break from her babies. How she got out I don't know.

So, I took the cage back and made my shower stall a playpen, complete with litterbox, kitty bed, food, water, toys. At least now when I need to take a shower, I can put them all in a crate, remove their belongings, and then put them back. ALOT easier.

Just seeing those precious babies nursing on Mama makes my heart smile. :D

No pictures yet guys. I'm charging my camera batteries. Then there'll be plenty of pictures. Providing my card reader is working. Last time I tried it didn't, so keep your fingers crossed.

*sigh* Tell me again why I'm doing this???? :p

moosmom
11-22-2007, 12:11 AM
Mama Lily
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c358/deploss13/DCP_3295.jpg?t=1195711666

Daisy
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c358/deploss13/DCP_3294.jpg?t=1195711753

Petunia
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c358/deploss13/DCP_3293.jpg?t=1195711830

Oh, and if you hadn't noticed, I've changed all their names again. I think they are more fitting.

DrKym
11-22-2007, 12:44 AM
omg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

krazyaboutkatz
11-22-2007, 01:39 AM
Mother and babies sure are adorable and sure sound like sweethearts.:) I hope that they'll all be able to find loving forever homes in the future. Thanks for taking them in and caring for them.:)

CultureJunky
11-22-2007, 07:03 AM
What beautiful babies, and mama cat is so so pretty. I really hope they find furrever homes soon :) You're doing a wonderful thing :D

Medusa
11-22-2007, 07:46 AM
They're just beautiful!

carole
11-22-2007, 03:48 PM
Oh donna they are so precious,mama looks like my lexie without the white dot on her chest, and the babies are gorgeous, gonna be hard parting with these darlings isn't it? :)

Catty1
11-22-2007, 08:43 PM
AWWWW....what a lovely trio of blackies! :) Those little ones have that darling innocent - eyed look! Which they will use when they are big enough to get into trouble! :D

moosmom
11-23-2007, 02:36 PM
Things are going okay with them. There's only one problem. Mama is pooping and peeing outside the box, on the kitty pads I put in there to sleep. I think it had alot to do with the fact that my cat's scent was on them. Thank goodness my entire bathroom floor is tile so I can wipe it down with Chlorox. I hope it's not a behavioral issue. I kinda doubt it. I attribute it to her having the world as her litterbox for so long that she doesn't know any better. I just don't want to have to re-crate her.

moosmom
11-25-2007, 05:52 PM
The litterbox issue is resolved. But that's not the best news. A gentleman called and said he spoke with Diane from Sabita's Rescue (she's screening the calls for me) about possibly adopting Mama and the remaining kitten (one kitten is possibly spoken for already). I asked questions as well, like how old is his kid (she's 6). He ASSURED me that she's grown up with pets since she was a baby and they've had animals before. The cats will be strictly indoors and no declawing. Now, I know they could be telling me just what I want to hear and do whatever they want. But I needed to know. I'll keep you posted.

Freedom
11-25-2007, 06:50 PM
Those 3 are so fortunate to have you caring for them, Donna. They will all have a great start to living the life of luxury they deserve. So silky and shiny, the mom cat is!

Laura's Babies
11-25-2007, 09:18 PM
Awww! Seeing Mama brought tears to my eyes. She looks SO much like my Samantha. Those babies are ADOREABLE! They will be going to their forever home fast! TOOOO cute!!! TO sweet! So much fun!!

Anikaca77
11-26-2007, 03:18 PM
Oh that would be great is Mama could get a home with one of her babies. When I took in a pregnant cat the person who helped foster her, her newphew ended up adopting the mom and one baby which I was so happy about considering I didn't want the mom to be alone.

moosmom
11-26-2007, 07:07 PM
I'll still have one kitten left, as the person inquiring about a kitten, wanted a male (why I don't know). But I'm sure she'll find a home quickly.