PDA

View Full Version : Saved a kitty yesterday... *3 pics*

Kfamr
11-18-2007, 05:42 PM
About 3 days ago, I was walking my dogs, and there was a cat in the middle of the road. I was walking 2 dogs - you'd think the cat would run off. Instead, it just sat there.

Fast foward to last night - this cat, who was originally about 5 blocks away, shows up at my door. The cat is skin and bones, one of it's eyes is all hazed over, ears are disgusting, and it walks funky.

We ended up calling the Humane Society (no-kill) and asked if they could come pick her up. So, they did. We coaxed her into our front porch, where she just ended up hanging out and laying down in there. She was a sweet cat (although I was afraid of her) and let the Humane Society guy pick her up, put her on her back (checking sex), etc.

I have a good feeling she was deaf and going blind. She didn't react to any sounds at all. You could clap right behind her head and she wouldn't respond. I gave her a bowl of water and she first felt it/batted it around/stuck her paws in it.

Anyhow, thought I'd share my kitty experience. :) She's in great hands now.
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a194/frailwit/cat1.jpg

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a194/frailwit/cat2.jpg

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a194/frailwit/cat3.jpg

Catty1
11-18-2007, 05:45 PM
Kay, bless you for helping her!

I hope she checks out okay and gets a furrever home. She is really pretty - beautiful colour.

If you get any updates, would love to hear them. :)

jenluckenbach
11-18-2007, 06:36 PM
She looks like an elderly girl. How sad that she was on the streets. But good to know she is in the hands of a NO-KILL (as a rgular shelter would probably not make room for her :( )

Good luck little lady cat. I hope you have comfort for the remainder of your days.

Laura's Babies
11-18-2007, 07:03 PM
Poor thing, she looks so sad. Lets hope she can find someone to love and care for her in her golden years.

jennielynn1970
11-18-2007, 07:05 PM
Awe... poor girl! She looks sweet, so hopefully they will get her all vetted and a clean bill of health and someone will adopt her.

You must give off good vibes, Kay, if she is deaf and going blind... she found her way back to you after you saw her in the road! Animals have such good instincts! Big hugs to you for getting her the help she needed!!

momcat
11-18-2007, 07:14 PM
Poor kitty girl! She certainly made an excellent choice showing up at your doorstep. Isn't it strange how the strays know just where to go for food, loving attention and help? Bless you for helping this sweetie and my prayers go out for kitty to enjoy the life every pet so richly deserves! She's sure to be some lucky person's loving and loyal companion!!!

cassiesmom
11-18-2007, 09:00 PM
Wow, she could be twins with my Cassie. Bless you, Kay for taking care of her!

ramanth
11-18-2007, 09:39 PM
What a sweet kitty! I love her color. Hope she finds a nice forever home.

Emeraldgreen
11-18-2007, 09:49 PM
What a relief that someone took the time to make a difference in this cat's life. It looks as if she has had a very rough time and was in need of some TLC. How great that you were that 'someone'. I'm not a big believer in coincidences. It seems that you were the one meant to save this little girl. :)

BC_MoM
11-19-2007, 12:06 AM
Wow, she is beautiful! She is going to find a great home now!

krazyaboutkatz
11-19-2007, 01:18 AM
She sure looks thin and neglected.:( I'm so glad that you rescued her Kay and I hope that her health will improve and that she'll be able to find a new loving forever home.:)

Medusa
11-19-2007, 05:54 AM
Aw, sweet girl. She knew where to go, didn't she? Thank you so much for taking the time to help her. Hopefully, we'll hear a good report soon.

Vermontcat
11-20-2007, 08:26 PM
Thank you so much for helping such a sweet old kitty. :)
She sounds a lot like my Samantha who's 19 years old, deaf, with cataracts in both eyes and some arthritis and early stages of kidney failure(she looks pretty bony in her hip area).
Samantha will not respond to a loud clap behind her head either.
I think that this kitty must have gotten out by mistake and that someone is looking for her.
An elderly cat like that would not last long out in the streets alone.
Have you heard any update from the Humane Society that maybe her owner has claimed her?
Did you post any found cat posters around your neighborhood?
I hope this kitty finds a safe home.