PDA

View Full Version : Words just don't describe...

Cookiebaker
11-17-2007, 07:59 PM
Sorry, I'm feeling all warm and fuzzy tonight. :o But I wanted to share how much i love my big yellow boof. Malone is being so especially gentle and loving tonight, and everytime I look in his deep brown eyes, I just melt.

He is laying down in the livingroom, with a stuffed puppy (that Ramanth gave us eons ago :D ); and Lydia comes rolling over and he shares his puppy with her. And a little while later, he was chewing on a bone, and once again Lydia comes over, and he lets her take it away from him. (This was all very closely supervised ;) ) And I am just amazed over and over again what an awesome dog he is.

Sometimes I think of how quickly Emerson was taken from us, and I get so scared that the same thing is gonna happen to Malone, and maybe that is why I am having such a hard time working through the grief process. Its been six months already, and I miss Em like crazy every single day....sometimes I feel like I can't deal with it yet, so I push it aside. *sigh*

Anyway, please share how much your puppers mean to you...what makes them so special???

Four pictures:
http://www.pt.plainolpup.com/1116074.jpg

http://www.pt.plainolpup.com/1116073.jpg

http://www.pt.plainolpup.com/1116072.jpg

http://www.pt.plainolpup.com/1116071.jpg

Freedom
11-17-2007, 08:43 PM
Aw such sweet photos, and Malone does look so loving and calm!

I love each of my dogs, in different ways. Well I guess that makes sense; their personalities are different. They are both velcro dogs, but that is synonymous with "bichon frise."

Sugar is my first dog I have owned as an adult. Which makes her special right there. She loves to snuggle, and believes she can never have enough petting. She gets this coy look, leans against me, rolls over and asks for tummy rubs; after I've already been petting her for 10 minutes.

Lacey is the tomboy, more rowdy and bouncy (but not loud; neither girl is a barker). But after she has expended all that energy, all she needs in my lap to nestle in. She MUST sleep with me at night, snug tight up next to me, even in the summer heat. She scooted out under the fence once and got herself lost; she was missing for about an hour and a half, a neighbor carried her home. Since then, she always keeps an eye on me, hasn't gone under the fence again. It scared HER as much as it did us!

K9soul
11-17-2007, 08:51 PM
Malone is surely a special boy and just as handsome as ever. He's always had the softest sweetest brown eyes and it doesn't surprise me he is so gentle and sweet with Lydia. I can't even imagine how much you must miss Ems.

As for mine, I find it hard to put to words. They have been with me through times I wondered if I could live through. In a time when my life has been torn to shreds and turned upside down, their love has been the one constant and sure thing, unwavering, unconditional. They truly are my "rock." They mean everything to me.

ramanth
11-17-2007, 08:51 PM
Awww what adorable photos and sweet stories. I can't believe a stuffy still lives. :D ;)

I love it when the kitties are cuddling calmly with the dogs. And the other day, Logan snuck some bites out of Kia's food while she was eating! :eek: I just couldn't believe it. :D

K9karen
11-17-2007, 10:35 PM
*Sigh* I know how you feel. I miss Cody everyday and sometimes I laugh at the memories, sometimes I cry 'cause I miss him so much.

But he "brought" me Mz Logan, who has bloomed from a frightened, playless little girl, into a raving beauty, full of fun and curiosity and love. I agree, those big "browners", as I call them, do me in every time.

With Cody, I used to dwell on how long I'd have him, etc., but refuse to do that with Mz Logan. It makes every day easier (for me). I'm so grateful for every second I'm with her. My only hope is that, whenever her time comes to leave, it's easy on her.

LOVED your pictures! How precious and sweet..both Lydia and Malone! What a cute pair! Lots of kisses and hugs on Malone for being such a good, understanding darling. And of course, the same schmooshy kisses on Lydia!

Tollers-n-Dobes
11-17-2007, 11:04 PM
That's adorable! He looks like such a sweet, gentle boy. :)

As far as mine go, I too find it hard to put into words. They're my life - especially Dance. I don't know what I'd do without her, especially after losing Tango a couple months ago. Having her around has helped a lot, though I still miss Tango more than anything and always will. Dance is just such a good girl and I can't begin to explain just what she means to me.

shais_mom
11-18-2007, 12:03 AM
what precious pics Anna.

I just look into Keegan's deep brown eyes and I just can't help but fall in love all over again.
I love each of my pets in their own degree. I have a strong special bond with Kylie and Keegan and Kloe. My soul is truly with Keegan and Kylie tho.

Pam
11-18-2007, 07:29 AM
Anna these pictures are precious. Don't worry we all understand feeling warm and fuzzy. :) Lydia is a lucky girl to have such a big ole sweet friend to grow up with.

My daughter has a similar situation with Harlee and Jeremy. Jeremy is now 18 months old and has been able to take bones and toys out of Harlee's mouth at any time since Day One. In fact if Harlee sees him coming she will often let go of what she is playing with. :) I must admit that it is a little disconcerting to me to see Jeremy put a chewy in his mouth that was in Harlee's mouth just moments before! :D

I love both of my dogs in different ways. Ripley is my velcro dog and we have a very, very deep bond. My husband refers to him as "my" dog and that is not something that he has ever said about any of our other dogs in the past.

Bella is more independent than Ripley. She doesn't have to be right up against me but she does need to be in the same room. She is my deep "thinker" of the two, and has an uncanny way to manipulate me. :)

They are both special in their different ways. I know exactly what you mean when you say that you are missing Emerson and worry about the future with Malone. Dogs' lives are way too short and every now and then I will think about "when they leave." I just try to push it out of my mind because I don't want anything to spoil the "now."

Oh, and I am smiling at the fact that Malone is still playing with a stuffed toy that you have had so long. Unfortunately my Bella is a stuffy murderer so I can't even begin to relate to that! :D

Alysser
11-18-2007, 08:07 AM
Malone is such a sweet boy. His eyes just say it all. You can tell how gentle and sweet he is by just looking at him. Looks like you don't need to hire a babysitter. ;) He's such a good boy with Lydia. That last picture is so cute.

Now, I can lie and tell you that Sassy is my heart and soul dog, but I'm going to be honest about it. She is perfect for my entire family togather, she does not make a good "one dog master", she is definitely a people dog. She isn't MY heart and soul dog, I don't have that "connection" with her. But I love her all the same. She is a loyal, loving little dog MOST of the time. ;) She loves us all equally. She means the world to me, and when she goes I will be very sad but she isn't my heart and soul dog and she will never be. I can't even explain what she means to me, I love her. I love her alot, and she is very special dog to my family, and will always be remembered. I got her in my time of need and she helped me through it.

kimlovescats
11-18-2007, 01:14 PM
First I have to say that what dog or human wouldn't be in love with that sweet little "cookie" Lydia? :D

Malone is beautiful and you can just see the gentle and sweet nature all over him! I know how you feel about missing Emerson as well.

Although I love all five of my dogs, I would definitely have to say that my doxie, Gretta, is my hubby's dog mostly. But, I actually bought her FOR him in the first place. He had a doxie that he was very bonded with and lost during his divorce. I wanted to help to replace that loss for him and Gretta has certainly done that for him! Gretta is sweet, but I have just never really bonded with her, I let Jerry do that for the most part.

AnnaBelle is my special girl! I picked her out with my daughter and it was love at first site! She was a lonely little fuzz ball and we just fell in love immediately! AnnaBelle is very close to all of us, she really has no favorites, but that is just her personality. It hurt so badly when she had her accident that rendered her paralyzed from mid back down, but now I realize we did the right thing by allowing her to live. She has so much life in her still and you can see the sparkle and lust for living and loving still in her eyes!

Dottie (Cavalier) is a big baby!!! She is true to her breed when I say that she is a lap dog! That girl would prefer nothing else than to be beside me or in my lap at all times! She gets very jealous of the others when they "have" me, and she tends to be a crier if she sees me inside when she is outside or we are somehow separated. I love my little "Dottie Dog"!

Coco is our rescue dog. We've only had her since this summer and I love her very much too. She's a good girl, but at times she is still too rough and has a hard time calming down. I have learned to just leave her and come back when she is more settled. Her main issue though is food aggression with the other dogs. SHe is not at all that way with us! A GOOD THING! ;) She also gets aggressive at times over toys and even the dogbeds, but we are working on that as well. Coco has soulful eyes and a special little head tilt when I say her name. Very endearing!

Little Henna, our baby Chocolate Lab is adorable of course! Aren't all puppies? :p Seriously though, she has bonded quickly with me and she looks me straight in the eyes and melts my heart. She's already spoiled wrotten.

Cookiebaker
11-18-2007, 05:01 PM
I must say that I have thoroughly enjoyed reading this thread. :)

Also, I mispoke, and we were actually given the puppy from Uabassoon (sorry Kimmy!!!) and I do believe that the only reason it is still together today is 'cause it is so heavy duty. Malone & Emerson played with it and tugged on it, and tried to chew it apart...but its still alive albeit missing the eyes etc etc. here is a picture of it in its younger days:

http://www.pt.plainolpup.com/1118071.jpg

ramanth
11-18-2007, 05:20 PM
You can see how well my memory is. :o Trying to take credit for Laura's gift. :D

Well.... does the Caterpillar still exist? ;) :D

Chilli
11-18-2007, 05:29 PM
Your so lucky to have Malone. His personality shows through loud and clear in those photos. :)

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r310/CheckAgain/IMG_3611.jpg
Most people know I claim Frisk to be simply awesome. I love him to pieces! =]
This solid, chunk of a dog is the best thing to hug when you are feeling down.
He licks away the tears before they even have a chance to fall.
On those cold mornings when you just want to snuggle, he doesn't pester you to get up and get ready. He would cuddle you until noon if you'd like.
The way his butt wiggles with excitement if you ask him if he wants to go for a ride...
The look on his face when he gets a car ride, like saying "This is the most awesomeness!!"
The way he will stand up to anyone or anything in order to protect me, no matter what, but he is scared to death if a tiny rat chases him around the room. :)
The list goes on and on.....

AdoreMyDogs
11-18-2007, 08:00 PM
Malone, sweetheart, you are the epitome of perfect family dog. I can see the gentleness in your beautiful, soulful eyes. You are so precious and I don't even know you in person and I can't help but fall in love with those magnificent, gentle eyes.

Bigs hugs and kisses on that sweet facie of yours, Malone.

nancyweNW
11-18-2007, 09:14 PM
My girl, Mickey makes me smile. Big brown eyes, pretty white "bloomers" as I call them and a fan for a tail. If I could take her w/me to work I would. As it is, she goes w/me every other bit of the time. As a first time dog owner, I never knew how deeply attached I could become to an animal. I've always had cats and they bring something very special to my life but a dog is different. I can't imagine not having her here.

Malone is one gorgeous dog and obviously very special dog. Thanks for loving him as much as you do.

pitc9
11-19-2007, 07:32 AM
What a sweet thread!

I've had a smile on my face reading everyone's posts!!

Sierra is my princess, and she fits the part perfectly!!
She's my foot warmer in the winter and I love the songs she sings when fire trucks go by the house!! :D

Buddy is my heart and soul dog and my protector, he is my everything.
Not a day that goes by without me thanking goD for him.

Cookiebaker
11-19-2007, 08:33 AM
You can see how well my memory is. :o Trying to take credit for Laura's gift. :D

Well.... does the Caterpillar still exist? ;) :D

No, Rest in Peace, its dear soul. (the thread is here: http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=85213&highlight=funeral)

I am actually really glad that you asked 'cause I had to go looking for the pictures from the giftswap, and couldn't find them anywhere. :eek: Did some searching here on PT and found that the only place I have them saved is on Imagestation. I'm not sure how that happened, but I'm glad and gonna go save them over now. :)