PDA

View Full Version : Another chapter begins....

Russian Blue
11-17-2007, 05:19 PM
As most of you know, I took some time out after Nakita passed away last January. There's been a lot going on behind the scenes but it was time to add some felines back to the house. So, two cats crossed my path and are now in my life. Rob and I picked them up today and now a new chapter begins for us.

I'd like you all to meet Steve and Gigi. Steve is an orange 5 month old male and Gigi is a year and a half old tabbico female. I've created a quick slideshow of today's pics. I didn't have much time but did get a chance to snap a few pics today. ;)

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v86/syyren/SteveGigi/?action=view&current=24982aa8.pbw

jenluckenbach
11-17-2007, 05:40 PM
Steve is a FUZZ-butt!!! (LOL) And BIG! :eek:

And Gigi is precious.

ENJOY your new babies!!!!

Freedom
11-17-2007, 06:10 PM
Oh my, how adorable! Steve is big already for his age; maybe some Maine coon mix in there? Love those orangies!

And Gigi, she reminds me of my Sparkle. If the personality is similar, beware; there is an imp in there just waiting to brighten your day with adventures and tantalizing feats of daring. He he hee.

Thanks for showing them off!

Catty1
11-17-2007, 06:16 PM
Steve is SO gorgeous - you are going to have to name his tail when he grows up! :D

Gigi - I just love her colours....tabbico! Wow!

I think you said they were in the same foster home? They sure get along well!

Congratulations! I hope they have brought you joy already, and will always do so!

Grace
11-17-2007, 06:23 PM
They are gorgeous!! Thank you for bringing them home.

critter crazy
11-17-2007, 06:26 PM
Wow!!! They are just gorgeous!! I just adore both of them!! Congrats on your new additions!!:D

catnapper
11-17-2007, 06:33 PM
Oh boy you're lucky you aren't close because those two would fit in purrfectly here! :D You might have them catnapped to live with my tabby crew!!

Congrats on the two new kitties, I can't wait to see more of them.

kuhio98
11-17-2007, 07:14 PM
Adorable babies! Very lucky kitties to be the recipient of all the loving lessons that Nakita taught you.

We wish you many happy and healthy years together. :)

Donnaj4962
11-17-2007, 08:00 PM
WOW! They are gorgeous! Looks like they get along quite well! Welcome to PT Steve and Gigi! Can't wait to see more pictures of you and hear more of your adventures in your new forever home!

Craftlady
11-17-2007, 08:29 PM
Adorable ;)

Laura's Babies
11-17-2007, 08:51 PM
Steve is so handsome and is going to grow into a beautiful, handsome boy!

I love Gigi's color! That is so unusual that it is eye catching.. I LOVE her face too, she has an adoreabley cute face!

Medusa
11-17-2007, 10:15 PM
Look at the tail on that boy! And what a face on Gigi! Lucky you!

jennielynn1970
11-17-2007, 10:20 PM
Oh what heartbreakers they are!!! Steve is going to be HUGE!!! And that tail! What a cutie he is! Gigi is just stunning. Love those colors, and she has gorgeous eyes.

I'm so happy for you and Rob, and of course Steve and Gigi! Yay!!! Can't wait to see them grow with you!

krazyaboutkatz
11-17-2007, 11:44 PM
Congrats!!!!:D They're both gorgeous and thanks for sharing these pictures with us. I'm so happy for you. I look forward to hearing more about them and seeing many more pictures of them too.:) I hope that you enjoy many happy and healthy years together.:)

karlyb
11-18-2007, 12:40 AM
Steve and Gigi are lucky kitties to be adopted into your household. They are both so beautiful, Gigi with that sweet little face and Steve in all his orange glory! Congratulations to all of you.

Killearn Kitties
11-18-2007, 05:07 AM
What lucky babies! They are asolutely gorgeous. :D

Barbara
11-18-2007, 05:53 AM
Steve and Gigi are both so beautiful- and they look like a lot of fun too. :)
Congratulations to the four of you.

Maya & Inka's mommy
11-18-2007, 08:45 AM
Ooooh, I am sooooo happy for you !!! Gigi and Steve couldn't have found a better catloving home !!
Gigi is so beautiful and so special. I love the sweet look in her eyes.
I love Steve's soft en long fur!! Must be great to stroke... ! And WHAT a tail..... !
Please give them both a hug from me :)

catmandu
11-18-2007, 12:27 PM
And In Carracas Your Nakita Is So Proud Of You For Giving Steve And Gigi The Furr Ever Homes That They Wanted So Badly.
Shes There With The Pet Angel Army Touring The World And She Has Been Back To Visit And Sniff Yur New Companions.

I Must Have Been A Special Cat She Tells All Her Angel Friends. It Took Two Cats To Take My Place!!!
Bless You For Giving Steve And Gigi A Furrever Home That They Can Call Thier Own.

Kirsten
11-18-2007, 01:01 PM
I'm so happy for you!!! :) I can see Nakita smiling down at you and the two new felines!! :)

Gigi has such a cute little face and Steve has the most stunning tail! And they both found a wonderful new home!

Kirsten

moosmom
11-18-2007, 01:58 PM
They are gorgeous!!!! I know Nakita is looking down on them and purring, knowing that she will never be forgotten, no matter how many cats pass through her house.

AlleyCat
11-18-2007, 02:19 PM
What beautiful cats, and they are very lucky to have you. They will bring you years of joy and smiles, and you will bring years of joy and content to them.

phesina
11-18-2007, 03:37 PM
Aren't they beauties, both of them! Welcome, Steve and Gigi!

Felicia's Mom
11-18-2007, 03:58 PM
Gigi is very colorful, and Steve has such a beautiful tail. They are both lucky to have found you.:)

ramanth
11-18-2007, 05:10 PM
Congratulations!! Steve has such striking markings and I just love that big fuzzy tail! :D

Gigi is beautiful as well. :D

RedHedd
11-18-2007, 06:07 PM
Oh my! They are darling! I definitely see Maine Coon in Steve - that tail! OMG! I want to squish him! Gigi is a stunning little beauty too - so dainty and cute.

shais_mom
11-18-2007, 06:11 PM
great pics! :D
I'm so glad you've opened your heart to these two!!
((hugs))

KitCat
11-19-2007, 08:38 AM
I'm glad you have kitties in the house. It sure livens things up!

Medusa
11-19-2007, 08:49 AM
Steve and Gigi are beautiful and I'm sure they were sent by Nakita. Blessings and many long happy years to all of you.

sasvermont
11-19-2007, 12:17 PM
Wow, they are both so relaxed and happy. They are very lucky to have been brought to your home(s). Would you like to adopt me too?

Enjoy them as much as they will enjoy you two!

Congrats! :cool:

Vermontcat
11-20-2007, 08:17 PM
Beautiful photos! :D
I'm so happy that you have the pitter patter of furry little feet in your house again! :)
Give Steve and Gigi each a hug and kiss from me.

Bengalz
11-22-2007, 03:00 PM
They are gorgeous :D Welcome Home Steve and Gigi!! You two little kittykins are going to have the best life ever because your mom and dad are going to spoil you rotten :D

sasvermont
11-23-2007, 01:45 PM
I surely hope things are running smoothly for these two new little devils. They certainly seem happy in the photos.

Ahemmmm, we would like more photos! Well, I would like more photos and assume I am speaking for the lot of us!

:D

Grace
11-23-2007, 01:48 PM
Ahemmmm, we would like more photos! Well, I would like more photos and assume I am speaking for the lot of us!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/March16th/ditto.gif

Russian Blue
11-24-2007, 04:31 PM
I surely hope things are running smoothly for these two new little devils. They certainly seem happy in the photos.

Sorry for disappearing! We're still busy with work and home renovations so haven't had much time for the internet.

Steve and Gigi are transitioning to our household well. Steve is the typical orange boy......he purrs, wants love, purrs, wants food, purrs, wants to play etc. He has such a laid back character, you have to just love him for his orange-ness. ;)

Gigi, is a very intelligent beautiful feline soul. Unfortunately, at some point in her past life I'm sure something happened to her that makes her more hesitant and cautious. She's been moved around to 4 different foster homes over the last while, so the insecurity and new surroundings I'm sure have played a part. She is a love though, just a little slower to come around.

We took both of them to the vet on Thursday. Steve has diahrrea and we wanted to get the stool tested and overall health check. Gigi, though, was growling and hissing at the vet the whole time. The poor girl was so scared. It took them 4 tries to get her vaccinations in her. But once we got home, she was overly affectionate. It's going to take some time for her to totally trust, but we're making advances every day and she is a love....just a little reserved because of her past. There's no rush, she has all the time she needs here at our home. :)

Steve is 7.5 pounds at 6 months old and Gigi is 8.5 pounds at 1.5 years old.

As requested, some updated pictures.

Steve
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v86/syyren/SteveGigi/Steve73Frame.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v86/syyren/SteveGigi/SteveDay26frame.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v86/syyren/SteveGigi/SteveGigiDay21frame.jpg

And the beautiful Gigi. I still can't get over her markings....they're so unique!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v86/syyren/SteveGigi/Gigi71Frame.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v86/syyren/SteveGigi/GigiDay23frame.jpg

phesina
11-24-2007, 05:12 PM
What beautiful kitties! Welcome home, Steve and Gigi!

Thank you and God bless you for taking them into your home and your hearts.

Medusa
11-24-2007, 05:39 PM
They both are so beautiful. Steve is stunning!

sasvermont
11-24-2007, 06:04 PM
Awwwwwwwwwwww, thank you. Gosh, such good looking kittens. They are just SOOOO lucky to have found you two. I wish you only the best of luck with them. They look pretty "settled" to me! Keep those photos comin'

Thanks for letting us share your new arrivals.

Sas and her campers! :D

Catty1
11-24-2007, 07:04 PM
Beautiful - I love Steve's little kitten face! I bet he will be a big floofy guy!

And Gigi - such markings...how unique and beautiful! What a precious tabbico. I am sure she will flourish under you care, and the little signs of settling in will be real turning points for her!

Bless you for making room in your hearts and homes for them. :)

krazyaboutkatz
11-24-2007, 07:39 PM
Thanks for the updates.:) I sure hope that Steve's diarrhea isn't anything serious. It may be due to a change in diet or just due to the stress of a new home. Both Gigi and Steve are gorgeous and I know that they'll both do well in your home. It sounds like Gigi's cattitude comes out at the vet. Both of my girls have also been known to hiss and growl. I look forward to hearing much more about them and hopefully seeing many more pictures too.:)

Bengalz
11-25-2007, 10:19 AM
Steve and Gigi are adorable and your photos of the two are really fantastic :) Steve has a look of contentment on his cute little face that warms my heart - such a baby :D

I'm sure, with time, Gigi will settle down and relax - she's such a pretty girl and maybe Steve's confidence will help her feel at home. It's so difficult when you don't know her previous circumstances to understand what causes her fear and insecurity. A good home and lots of love will make the difference. She's in a good place now and soon you'll see her purrsonality shine :D

Enjoy getting to know them and please keep us all in the loop.

Betty

RedHedd
11-25-2007, 10:30 AM
Oh my! They are both gorgeous! Steve looks like he's going to be a BIG boy. Gigi looks so dainty and feminine. I'm sure with time she will settle in.

momcat
11-25-2007, 01:02 PM
Welcome to PT, Steve and Gigi! It's no nice to meet you and welcome you to the PT family. You both made an excellent choice when you picked your new purrents. They're going to love you and care for you beyond your imaginations. Before long you both will have lots of kitty friends too. Your fellow PT kitties will help you along and even give you advice on training your purrents.

Groucho sends you both hello headbumpies and says to call on him anytime for any reason.

lisalee
11-25-2007, 05:20 PM
Congratulations on your new babies!! They're both beautiful!! :)

Russian Blue
11-30-2007, 08:13 PM
Just another quick update from my end. We've had the two cats for 2 weeks now and they're doing well. We're still doing some renovations and Steve has become a little helper to Rob. Here, Steve is helping Rob put the finishing touches on some drywall. ;)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v86/syyren/SteveGigi/RenoRobSteve2Frame.jpg

And Gigi is starting to relax a little. It's going to take some time before she's totally confident since she's had such an unstable life before this. Here's my pretty girl. She has such a mix of coat pattern and colour:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v86/syyren/SteveGigi/GigiFloor2Frame.jpg

So things are going pretty well. Steve still has some issues with soft stool, but it's better than before. I'm hoping the next 2 weeks will clear everything up. Also, he's growing so fast! I'm sure he'll be bigger than Gigi by Christmas.

Medusa
11-30-2007, 08:15 PM
So glad that things are moving right along. Gigi has quite a face there and love those paws!

krazyaboutkatz
12-01-2007, 12:28 AM
Kass, thanks for another update.:) I'm glad to hear that both Steve and Gigi are doing well. You sure picked two very goregous cats to become part of your family. I'll never get tired of seeing pictures of these two.:)

phesina
12-01-2007, 06:17 AM
They are both so beautiful! And Steve is a skilled tradescat, too! What treasures they are.

Laura's Babies
12-01-2007, 08:42 AM
Gigi is so pretty with her unusual markings. Can't say I have ever seen a tabby with markings like that. Her picture looks like she has settled in but from what you described of her life, it very well may take a lot of time for her to realize she is there to stay.

That steve.. what can I say? He is one handsome dude cat and going to be a real heartbreaker for some of our female kitties here on PT.

jennielynn1970
12-01-2007, 12:26 PM
It is so nice to see pics of Steven and Gigi! Steve is just so handsome, and Gigi has such an expressive face. Their personalities just shine through! I'm sure Gigi will feel at home soon enough... these poor little souls go through so much, and they don't understand what has happened or why (wish we could talk cat!).

Gentle pets, hugs and kissies to Steve and Gigi!

Taz_Zoee
12-01-2007, 12:31 PM
Oh they are beautiful! I'm so glad you took them in together. That will probably help a lot with Gigi adjusting quicker.
Can't wait to see more pictures as these two get all settled in their FURever home. :)

Bengalz
12-01-2007, 01:34 PM
LOL I just love how Steve is Dad's little helper and so fortunate too since good help is hard to find :D

Gigi is so pretty and the haunting look in her eyes reminds me of Eve when she first came to us. It took a little time for that look to disappear and it will. She justs needs time to know she is home and safe, finally :)

Thanks for keeping us up to date on their progress. You and Rob must love having Steve and Gigi with you. Never a dull moment, I'll bet ;)

Karen
12-01-2007, 02:14 PM
I just realized I have never posted in this thread. I have been meaning to tell you how proud of you I am that you welcomed not just one, but two kitties home, and I am sure, while they will never replace the lovely Nikita in your heart, that she is smiling down from heaven to see the place with kitty footprints in it again.

They are both lovely, and that photo of Gigi is just breathtaking.

Russian Blue
12-02-2007, 10:39 AM
Thanks so much guys for taking a look at my new furkids! Right now Steve is snuggled up between the monitor and keyboard. I forgot that the computer desk is his, not mine. :rolleyes:

He's growing like a weed. In the last two weeks he's almost the same size as Gigi. I have no idea when he'll stop growing.

The only problem we're having now is trying to cut Gigi's nails. She wants nothing to do with that. We'll have to cut them soon since her nails are getting caught on everything....the scratching post, my sweaters......Steve's fur... :eek:

If you have any tips.....I'll need them. And no, can't wrap her in a towel....she'd murder us in our sleep if we did that to her. ;)

Medusa
12-02-2007, 10:44 AM
Does she bite when you clip claws? If so, ask your vet for a cloth muzzle. I have one w/velcro on it and Puddy was just plain awful until I put the muzzle on her. She apparently hated that more than the claw clipping, so she behaved and now I don't need it.

Cataholic
12-02-2007, 11:23 AM
OMG! HowEVER did I miss this exciting news? Congrats to the two lucky and beautiful kitties. I wish all four of you much joy and happiness. I think Nakita had so much to do with this.

Hugs,
Johanna

Vermontcat
12-02-2007, 04:56 PM
Here, Steve is helping Rob put the finishing touches on some drywall. ;)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v86/syyren/SteveGigi/RenoRobSteve2Frame.jpg

Steve is such a cute little handycat! :)
Does he paint ceilings too? If he does, I could have used his help this weekend painting. Samantha refuses to help paint, she supervises from the next room, she's afraid she may end up with a skunk stripe down her back or something. ;)

It's so nice to see some more photos of your new kitties, keep them coming! :)

prechrswife
12-02-2007, 10:33 PM
Congratulations! They are both beautiful cats. :D

wolflady
12-04-2007, 02:05 PM
Oh my gosh! KaK had alerted me to this fabulous update so I had to seek this thread out to see your new additions for myself! They are both completely adorable! I'm so glad you have welcomed two new felines into your heart and home and they are lucky to have you as purrents! :D

**hugs**