PDA

View Full Version : lost of cuddles

lvmypets
11-17-2007, 03:59 PM
six months ago we lost our dog esther well yesterday we lost her playmate cuddles. he was a rat terrier 15 years old. we got him when he was 7 weeks old he could fit in your two hands together he was a butter ball. the years sure did go by fast. he took after his mother tiny. he had allergies bad. we would have to take him to the vet every year for shots, but this time the shots was just not helping. his body was use to them. i gave hime bendryl after bendryl like his vet told me to do that did not help. he had a big part of his hair off of his back and if it was not red it had scabs on it. i would put medication on the scores. I would cry when i would doctor him. his little body would be so hot from heat from what his body would put out. but the vet would not give no more shots than once a month for they were giving him very strong dosages. he had a problem with his throat closing off if he was a young dog they could do surgery but with him being old they couldn't he would cough all the time from where he was chocking. he slept with my mom and she said most of the time he would be up all night. the last three days he got to where he could not walk if he stood up his little back legs would just shake. yesterday morning he would not stand up at all he wanted to stay in his bed. he would look at me with those big eyes of his. our son took me to the vet with him. the vet check him out their was no choice but to put him down. I cried it has just been six months since esther died of cancer. He had greived over her. Ever since she died you could not get him to go out on the front porch and lay he would either lay on the couch on his pillow or he would go to his bed. I know in time my heart will heal I no he is running and playing with Esther and the others so run cuddles run esther mommy and daddy will always miss you but we will always think of you..............

DrKym
11-17-2007, 04:11 PM
so sorry for your loss

Freedom
11-17-2007, 04:12 PM
I am so sorry to read of the loss of you dog Cuddles. And of the prior loss of Esther. Try to remember all the happy times. And with 15 years, goodness, that shows there were many, many happy times and that the dogs were well loved.

{{{HUGS}}} to you and your family. Run free, healthy happy and yong, at the Bridge, dear Cuddles; and look for Esther, she will know all the great places to hang out!

loveallfurryfriends
11-17-2007, 05:07 PM
Your 15 yrs with Cuddles was a gift, but it is never long enough. I could not help but cry while reading your thread, b/c I know how painful this is for you. Try and think of Cuddles and Esther reunited again @ the RB. Playing together like puppies :) They will keep each other company until you all are together again. Until then try to remember all the good times, and keep them close to your heart. RIP Cuddles and Esther

Taz_Zoee
11-17-2007, 07:36 PM
I am so sorry for your loss of Cuddles, as well as Esther. They are now reunited and happily playing at the bridge waiting for one fine day.

ramanth
11-17-2007, 09:37 PM
So very sorry for your loss. :(

K9soul
11-17-2007, 09:43 PM
I am so very sorry for your loss. :( Rest easy, Cuddles. Run and play up at the bridge with Esther.