PDA

View Full Version : My Neighbours have asked if I have thier Cat

catmandu
11-17-2007, 02:45 PM
And the next line says Please Return him immediatley.
I wonder if this is legitimate or they have seen Scrappy 2 in the window and taken a liking to her.
I will have to visit and try to convince these people that I dont steal Cats!
Please pray that they arent pulling a scam.

Medusa
11-17-2007, 02:47 PM
If they let their cat/s roam, they can't complain if someone takes her. I'm not saying you did, Gary; I know better. But it's a sad fact that outdoor cats can mysteriously disappear. We''ll send out positive thoughts that all will be well.

catmandu
11-17-2007, 02:53 PM
I Havent Even Seen A Black And White Cat At All. Theres A Solid Black Cat , Pouncer Roccalno And Tabbynacle And I Dont Take Them In, I Just Put Food Out For Them So They Dont Starve.
I Will Let Them Kmow That I Dont Have Thier Cat.
I Will Have To Find Scrappy 2s Receipt So They Dont Try And Claim Her.

phesina
11-17-2007, 02:58 PM
Do they have photographs or anything identifying their tuxedo cat that you supposedly "stole"? (Which of course you didn't.)

catmandu
11-17-2007, 03:15 PM
I Will Have To Wait Until Tomorrow As They Are Having A Loud Drunken Party And Theres Noway That I Am Going Over There Now.
I Wouldnt Blame Thier Rocky If He Doesnt Go Home As The Place Is Always Noisy And I Dont Think Thier Brats Are Overly Kind To Rocky.
I Have Found Scrappy 2s Reciept!!!
I Just Hope They Dont Use My Cat Stealing As An Excuse To Break In And" Rescue "him.
I Would Hate To Think Of Them Having Any Of My Cats.

DrKym
11-17-2007, 04:13 PM
Gary I get that all the time......please don't worry. All will be fine I promise! and btw Lex wants new pics of her MAN! :eek:

Freedom
11-17-2007, 04:16 PM
Best wishes on this, Gary. Maybe talk to the rescue folks before you contact the neighbors? Let us know how it all goes.

Emeraldgreen
11-17-2007, 05:32 PM
Scrappy certainly has a unique look with regard to the markings on her face. It's hard to imagine that their black and white cat would have the same kind of unique pattern but not impossible I guess. Are there any other markings or traits (broken teeth, rips in ears etc..) that could confirm that she is Scrappy and not their black and white?

catnapper
11-17-2007, 06:35 PM
You have all her vet records from day 1. They have no proof she was theirs. You don't have anything to worry about. Relax!

Laura's Babies
11-17-2007, 09:01 PM
If you have all the reciepts from the vet, the vet can back you up with just a phone call (if they care to call and check). I would hand then a piece of paper with that vets namne and phone number and tell them to call and ask how long you have had that black&white one....

Then I would ask them WHY they let it roam free to have to face God only knows what!

catmandu
11-18-2007, 12:21 PM
And My Friend Helen Will Certainly Vouch That Scrappy 2 Is My Cat, And Shes Making A Copy Of My Adoption Papers So I Have Proof.
Its Odd I Havent Seen Rocky As Generally I See The Cats Who Come Over For Dinner.
I Wrote A Note Explaining That I Feed The Strays Out Of Kidness Not So I Can Hoard Them, And That I Dont Have Thier Cat Rocky.
I Really Am Not Eager To Have A Lot To Do With These People As They Are Loud And Rowdy, And I Am Alone And Vulnerable.
I Hope My Note Ends Things.

momoffuzzyfaces
11-18-2007, 12:44 PM
Maybe you should tell them they will be billed for all the food, vet bills and up-keep of the cat AFTER they prove that it is theirs. That should stop it.

It worked for me with Luke anyway. I had a neighbor kid saying he was his cat. I told him fine and to tell his parents I would be billing them for all the above mentioned. I never heard from the kid again. I've had Luke 14 years now.

Good luck!!! All paws crossed here!!!