I don't know if anyone has read about this or not, but there was one
TV news story on it. I don't see how this "mother" could have been so
cruel to this poor child.The result was the girl committed suicide after
being manipulated into believing she had a young boy interested in being
her friend. :(

http://abcnews.go.com/TheLaw/wireStory?id=3879037

Freedom
11-17-2007, 12:29 PM
There was an AP story in our newspaper today about it as well.

How sad for the girl and her family.

How cruel those other folks are! Even if they are not prosecuted, they get to live with this the rest of their lives.

momoffuzzyfaces
11-17-2007, 01:11 PM
I have been following this story too. It makes me sad and so angry!!!

I wish I could slap some sense into those people!!!! :mad:
Of course, it's too late for the poor girl!!! :(

Marigold2
11-18-2007, 08:57 AM
This is so sad. A very close friend of mine went through something similar.
Her daughter who I believe was 14 or 15 at the time met a girl on-line who lived not far from them, maybe 35 minutes. The girl she met (Tammy) was depressed, and bi-poler, she was also adopted and the parents who have struggled with this girl from day one. She has many, many problems.
These girls started to write to each other and whenever Tammy got depressed she would get nasty, angry toward my friends daughter. At the same time she tried to have a lesbian relationship with this girl. It was so strange and I don't have all the facts but in the end the girls decided to make a suicide pack. Tammy totally brainwashed this poor girl who yes did suffer from depression. Luckly my friend got fed up with Tammy calling 10 times a day and called the parents home. She spoke with the dad and he then informed her of this pack they had made. The two parents worked together somewhat and managed to serperate the girls. I know my friend suffered horribly as did her daughter. To learn that your child wants to kill herself................... Well it brought my friend to her knees in tears. Anyway my friends daughter went into therapy and is on meds she is leading a happy and normal life. What ever happened to Tammy is any ones's guess.
Parents really need to be involved in their children's lives. Know who their friends are especially on-line friends and yes I know what I am saying is most difficult, children hide things, parents work all hours. But in these cases it is a matter of life and death.

jackie
11-19-2007, 03:41 AM
The mother who helped create that page is warped in the head and IMO she deserves jail time.

If that had happened to my child, I would have done a lot more then destroy a football table.

lizbud
11-19-2007, 12:30 PM
The mother who helped create that page is warped in the head and IMO she deserves jail time.

If that had happened to my child, I would have done a lot more then destroy a football table.

Most people were shocked to learn there is nothing the police could do
to this evil woman who dreamed up this whole thing. Evidently, there is no
law to cover what she did. :confused:

The parents of the girl who died are working on passing some kind of law
to cover situations like this. I do wonder how that vile woman can sleep
at night knowing how much damage she did to this emotionaly fragile child.

crow_noir
11-20-2007, 03:11 AM
In the very least i think it would have fallen under harassment, stalking, or child endangerment.

lizbud
11-20-2007, 09:17 AM
In the very least i think it would have fallen under harassment, stalking, or child endangerment.

I would have thought so, but no, it isn't. If the woman had direct interaction
somehow with the girl or made threats to her, maybe. :confused: I guess
because it was just mind games,they cannot charge her with anything. :(

crow_noir
11-21-2007, 12:15 AM
Maybe it is a jurisdiction issue, but here if mind games endanger someone's life in a marital situation it falls under domestic violence. (Of course something actually has to happen before there is enough evidence... sadly.)

I'm sure if "they" really wanted to find something to prosecute this woman on "they" could. ...or maybe not... because of how their laws are written there. ??? *shrug* *sigh* *feel like weeping*

I would have thought so, but no, it isn't. If the woman had direct interaction somehow with the girl or made threats to her, maybe. I guess because it was just mind games,they cannot charge her with anything.

phesina
11-21-2007, 02:26 PM
But that's just awful. And the evil woman who deliberately did this to a vulnerable teenage girl is the mother of another teenage girl? What a fine, heart-warming role model of a mother.

If that girl -- and society at large -- are lucky, she is some day going to be making some therapist VERY rich.. If not so lucky, she'll turn out just like she was raised to be.

lizbud
12-07-2007, 06:39 PM
I'll bet this woman regrets she didn't get a jail term over this incident
now. It seems all her neighbors have now shunned her & her family. Her
husband has lost his former customers from his home based business &
they still get death threats.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/LIVING/wayoflife/12/07/suicide.shunning.ap/index.html