PDA

View Full Version : Crabby Days Real Our Otherwise

SANDY FROST
08-08-2002, 09:43 PM
:eek: :mad: :) :confused:
THIS IS A THREAD TO VENT. MY HERMIT CRABS ARE JUST FINE AND VERY NICE.
OHH! ITS THOSE CRABBY DRIVERS ON MY TAIL AND HONKY THEIR HORNS TO GO FASTER BUT I'M ALREADY DOING THE SPEED LIMIT.

SANDY FROST

lovemymaltese
08-08-2002, 11:07 PM
I hear you, road rage is out of control. I saw a woman today honking at an older gentlemen because he was driving the speed limit. People are so rude.

SANDY FROST
08-10-2002, 08:32 PM
THIS WEEK I'VE TRIED TO BE HELPFUL TO PEOPLE BUT TO MY SURPRISR THIS HOTHUMID WEATHER BRINGS OUT THE WORSE. I TRY TO BRING AQ PERSON'S GROCERY CART FROM THEIR CAR TO THE STORE SINCE I GO THE WAY. I GET THIS LOOK LIKE I'M FROM OUTERSPACE.
ANOTHER EXAMPLE: I 'M AT THE CAR DEALERSHIP GETTING AN TUNE UP. I SAW SOME SOMEBODY SLIP ON A WET SURFACE. WITHOUT HESITATION I OFFER TO HELP AND ALL I GET IS A MAD LOOK. BUT ONE THE OTHER EMPLOYEES SAID SOMETHING TO THAT EMPLOYEE AND HE CAME OUT AND
SAID THANKYOU AND EXPLAINED THAT HE WAS MAD AT HIMSELF FOR SLIPPING. WELL THAT MADE MY DAY THAT HE SAID THANKYOU.
MAYBE THEIR IS STILL SOME COURTESY LEFT IN THE WORLD.
SANDY FROST:eek: :rolleyes: :) :) :(

jackiesdaisy1935
08-10-2002, 09:19 PM
Hi Sandy, a fellow San Diegan, I know what you mean about the freeways, I refuse to drive on them anymore, we are lucky that we can get most anywhere on side streets at least all that we want to do. LOL I leave the driving to the crazy drivers.
Jackie

Aspen and Misty
08-10-2002, 10:26 PM
O this place is not for me. I would have it filled up in a min. :rolleyes: . LOL Good thread though I was thinking the other day I need some where to vent LOL.

Ash

Rachel
08-10-2002, 10:36 PM
My husband and I share your displeasure with drivers that ride ones tail when we are trying to obey the laws. The sad thing is they are in such a hurry to go faster when they are only going to go the next stop light and wait for the light to change. Does that make any sense?:confused:

Miss Meow
08-11-2002, 12:12 AM
My thought towards impatient drivers is that they should have left earlier, then they wouldn't be in such a hurry ...

My crabby thought today is some of my neighbours in my complex. We have a paved driveway and they are hosing down the pavers in front of their apartments (maybe trying to make them grow???) Guess what, they've wasted all that water, and the DARN PAVERS HAVEN'T GROWN AN INCH!

Aspen and Misty
08-11-2002, 02:01 AM
I agree. Some drivers shoudl just not be driveing. They are so dangerouse. When we went on vaction this year there was a truck driver driveing his big old truck like he was in a tiny little car. It was crazy he almost killed alot of people (3 cars worth). He acctauly got so bad we called teh police. I swear there are just some drivers who need to learn how to drive cause they don't know how!

RockyRoad
08-11-2002, 05:49 AM
New York has horrible traffic. Whenever I go out there to see a play or a Mets game or something, I always leave about two hours early because the traffic is so slow!! I am so better off taking the Subway, but I don't want to get mugged. Taking a cab is good too, but you can run up quite a fee! The reason I hate traffic so much is not only because it is slow, but some people just can't wait and zoom around everyone, nearly causing an accident. This happens a lot in NY.

gini
08-11-2002, 10:36 AM
I have a terrible confession. I was sitting at a red light - and the light changed to green in my favor. Just as I was about to proceed a car came screaming through the intersection. If I hadn't been paying close attention, I would have been toast! I honked my horn and the passenger reached out the window and gave me the finger.

Now here is my confession...........I wished right then that I had some sort of device - that would allow me to zap that guy and make his finger STAY in that position forever.

Not too nice on a Sunday - but it is the truth!

AmberLee
08-11-2002, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by gini
I have a terrible confession. ...I wished right then that I had some sort of device - that would allow me to zap that guy and make his finger STAY in that position forever...

:D :cool: :eek: I don't know, Gini, I kind of like it. "Let the punishment fit the crime." ;) :p

Aspen and Misty
08-11-2002, 07:24 PM
Well when people drive crazy I always say to myeslef wait till they have kids or I wonder if they have kids and one of these days they are gonig to kill no only themselves but who ever is rideing with them.

SANDY FROST
08-11-2002, 07:40 PM
THANKS ALL FOR REPLYS ON TRAFFIC AND DRIVING. I KNOE I'VE B EEN THERE MYSELF. WHAT I DO WITH NASTY DRIVERS IS JUST SMILE IT MAKES THEM CRAZY. AZND THEY GET EVEN MADDER AND ARE GONE IN A FLASH. ANOTHER
THING IS I LIVE NEAR A COLLEGE WITH FAST DRIVEN KIDS. I DRIVE DOEN THIS STEEP HILL AND SLOW DOEN AND SIGINAL IN ADVANCE TO MAKE A RIGHT HAND TURN HALFWAY DOWN THE HILL AND I SWEAR MY TRUCK ALMOST GOT NAILED A FEW TIMES FROM THESE KIDS. ITS SCARY!
SANDY FROST:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :o :o :o :mad: :mad:

Nomilynn
08-12-2002, 12:24 AM
I always find that if someone is really tailgating me or drivig crazy, it's safer if I let them go around me whether I'm in the right or not. That way, they aren't endagering me or anyone around, and when they get pulled over for a ticket, I get to drive by and laugh all the way home while they hand over their liscences and registrations! :D To me it's not worth the stress of making anyone more angry or aggravated. If they are that terrible at driving in the first place, just imagine how much worse it would be with their own spastic style of road rage. I will admit that I sometimes get angry when I drive, mostly because of people who are driving 10km's under the speedlimit in the left lane, or people who are driving under the limit soI go to pass and they speed up, ignoring the 4-way stop procedure, etc etc. It's all carelessness. I can't believe (and I'm not excluding myself because I catch it too) the laziness in drivers today. For example, no turn signals, not keeping a consistent speed, using cell phones, applying make up, etc etc. What's worse, is that when you make an attempt to do EVERYTHING right on the road, YOU are the one who ends up losing out because all the other crazies are going nuts to avoid YOU of all people! :eek: It's ridiculous. I'm not saying that everyone is a horrible driver, and I'm certainly not trying to offend anyone at all so please don't take it that way. I just think that with the more people on the road, and the more time spent focusing on the individual and living in a predominantly "me first" culture, everyone is always in a hurry. I say we all take some extra time, like Miss Meow suggested, and enjoy life! :D :cool: ;)

AdoreMyDogs
08-12-2002, 11:31 AM
I can't stand gawkers. I absolutely can't stand them. I was driving southbound on a busy 4 lane, 70M.P.H. interstate freeway to work this morning there was a fender bender that I passed and then there was a cop that had someone pulled over on the Northbound side (across a huge, concrete median.

Everyone just HAD to slam on their breaks to see what, EXACTLLY was happening with the small fender bender, and then the car pulled over across the median and going in the opposite direction! :mad: :mad: :mad:

I admit, I have very little patience for those fools who would risk getting in a car wreck so they could gawk. Nosey, anoying people! I yell, "Just fricken drive....that is none of your business and this is a freeway, you fool!!!"

I was late to work because I was driving behind a whole line of fools who simply HAD to slam on their breaks to see every ounce of detail that they could take in from the fender bender, and the other car pulled over. I could see drivers' giving it HUGE effort to see what was going on.

Some people should not be allowed to drive!

Also, last month I was driving along side a man who, I kid you not, was reading the newspaper....while driving! He'd read a bit then look up briefly at the road, then go to reading again for several seconds and briefly look up....I could not believe it. I kept thinking, "where are those cops when you need them?". Needless to say, I made sure I was good and far away from that moron. I can't imagine anything so important that it just couldn't wait until he got home.

krazyaboutkatz
08-13-2002, 11:47 PM
I hate traffic and the road rage that it causes. :mad: It seems to be getting worse every year. I also hate tailgaters. I refuse to speed up and risk getting a speeding ticket because of them. :mad: I try to let them pass me if I can.

SANDY FROST
08-14-2002, 10:02 PM
I'M TIRED OF DRIVERS MAKING ILLEGAL LEFT HAND
TURNS AND NEARLY GET HIT. I'M TIRED OF DRIVERS
TALKING ON THEIR CELL PHONES WHILE DRIVING.
THE TEENAGE DRIVERS WHO DO THIS REALLY GET
ON MY NERVES. THEDY THINK ITS CUTE. NO ITS
NOT CUTE IT IS DANGEROUS.
SANDY:mad:

Nomilynn
08-14-2002, 10:50 PM
Today I got stuck behind someone who constantly went 10km/h under the speedlimit. Then I got blocked in by people driving in the fast lane. AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad:

Oh well.. I try not to stress about it, just thought I would share :cool: