PDA

View Full Version : "When I Am An Old Cat"

AmberLee
11-17-2007, 01:18 AM
I received a bookmark with an adorable poem and illustrations, thought you'd enjoy the poem, too.

When I Am An Old Cat

When I am an old cat I shall wear a diamond collar and leave my pawprints on white couches; I shall drink my cream with a touch of brandy and spit out my vitamins.

I shall sit on the laps of dog people just to irritate them; I shall nap on top of the neighbor's petunias and perch on top of birdbaths and grow charmingly chubby.

But for now I must tolerate the dog and use my litter box and not sharpen my claws on the sofa, so no one can doubt the truth that cats are superior to dogs.

But every once in a while I wonder if I should be naughty now and then and nip a few toes, so my humans won't be too shocked when suddenly I become an old cat and start to wear a diamond collar.

~~ Author Unknown

krazyaboutkatz
11-17-2007, 01:53 AM
LOL This is great.:)

jenluckenbach
11-17-2007, 05:24 AM
That is adorable :)

caffeitina
11-17-2007, 05:38 AM
Awesome! :D

Medusa
11-17-2007, 06:52 AM
Except for the diamond collar, my fur posse all do those things now! LOL Great poem. :)

Freedom
11-17-2007, 08:50 AM
Great for my Saturday morning eye opener! Thanks so much for sharing this one!

jennielynn1970
11-17-2007, 09:43 AM
Awe... that was so sweet!!! It's like "When I am an old woman, I shall wear purple with a red hat." Now all we need to do is get those women to adopt these old cats with diamond collars! ;) :D

catmandu
11-17-2007, 09:44 AM
Hmmmm! I Guess That I Owe 5 Lucky Found Cats Diamond Collars Although I Have The Feeling That They Would Prefer Cases Of Fancy Feast In Lieu Of Jewellry.
Thats Such A Touching Poem And I Will Pick Them Up Some Cream On The Way Home!!!!

Kalei
11-17-2007, 09:46 AM
Awwww that is so cute! Don't let my Bobo read it or he'll be wondering why I haven't bought him a diamond collar:p;)

AmberLee
11-17-2007, 10:57 AM
Awe... that was so sweet!!! It's like "When I am an old woman, I shall wear purple with a red hat." Now all we need to do is get those women to adopt these old cats with diamond collars! ;) :D

Yes, I think of "When I Am an Old Woman" when I re-read this, too.

Maybe cats'd be more adoptable w/diamond collars? :p ;)

Barbara
11-17-2007, 11:00 AM
Tigris says " A diamond collar is for cat ladies. What will I wear?" ;)

moosmom
11-17-2007, 11:52 AM
Oh Tigris,

You'll have the most manly studded faux leather collar any cat deserves. On it will be a solid gold charm with your name, address and phone number on it in case you decide to wander around the hood. To top it off, a matching faux leather chapeau with "Mr.T" embroidered on it.

DrKym
11-17-2007, 11:59 AM
*wears purple has a red hat and Lex has rhinestones as she is young cat yet*

LOVED the poem! thanks for sharing!

phesina
11-17-2007, 03:06 PM
Oh, how SWEET!

Soon there will be Diamond-Collar Kitties of a certain age, just like there are now Red-Hat Ladies of a certain age!