PDA

View Full Version : do your dogs respond to really weird nicknames?

cali
11-15-2007, 08:35 PM
ok, my mom and I were laughing about this today. Rusty is like Evil incarnate lol so we often call him "little evil dog", Electra is big, orage and really weird, so we often call her "big orange freak",and Misty is often refered to as "the beast". now we have found that we are more likley to get these 3 to respond to the above nicknames then to respond to their real names. for example, if Misty ois outside barking, and you yell "MISTY COME" she will ignore you, but if you yell "BEAST" she will come right in. Electra is reall weird, and she will often hide somehwere and refused to come when you call, but you you shout out "BIG ORANGE FREAK" boom, she is standing at your feet looking at you like "what?". Rusty is the same deal, he is an evil little creature and doesnt listen, you yell "Rusty" and nothing, but yell out "LITTLE EVIL DOG" and he will come a running. now I figer I cant possbaly have the only 3 dogs on the planet they apperntly prefere their really screwed up nicknames over their real names or their endearing nicknames lol

Ginger's Mom
11-15-2007, 08:51 PM
My Peaches was a very good natured but dominant dog, so I used to call her my little monster. Whenever I called her "monster" she would get all happy and wiggly, like it was something wonderful. :D

Alysser
11-15-2007, 08:57 PM
My mom calls her "puppy of the world" and she gets so excited and wags her tail, and barks. I call her "spedpup" because she is so stupid at times. When she I come home from school she usually runs into the front door by accident and then a second later starts running and barking, yet she is such a little sped pup. My dad calls her "hop-a-long" because when she gets up after laying down for awhile, she limps a little from her arthritis but she gets better after about 5 minutes. Yes, she responds to all her nicknames. :rolleyes:

critter crazy
11-15-2007, 08:58 PM
Duke is also known as Duke the Dipstick. He comes running if you call him Dipstick!! He he he he he!! :D

Taz_Zoee
11-15-2007, 10:34 PM
Well, Zoee doesn't really come to anything we call her. :(
But sometimes if I say Poopy Loopy in a high pitched excited voice it gets her to do the butt waggle. :)

Lori Jordan
11-15-2007, 10:41 PM
But sometimes if I say Poopy Loopy in a high pitched excited voice it gets her to do the butt waggle.

Same here,its an Aussie thing,If i say Lacy Woo Woo in a excited voice she wiggles around and rolls over and puts her hands over her face it is Adorable!

Taz_Zoee
11-15-2007, 11:04 PM
Same here,its an Aussie thing,If i say Lacy Woo Woo in a excited voice she wiggles around and rolls over and puts her hands over her face it is Adorable!

LOL How cute!! :D

binka_nugget
11-15-2007, 11:39 PM
Keeva's nicknames are "Crazy" and "Monkey". I found that in agility class, Keeva would be mediocre (at best) if I used her real name. If I called her by one of her nicknames, she would go NUTS and do everything with gusto.