PDA

View Full Version : Off to Vegas

Logan
08-08-2002, 04:56 PM
I have a business meeting next week in Las Vegas, of all places. So, instead of traveling on Monday, as the company planned, I'm going early!!! :o

I'm leaving tomorrow (Friday) and will be back here very late Wednesday night........probably won't see you folks until late on Thursday.

Hold down the fort, and hope I win a few $$$$$$!!! :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
08-08-2002, 05:08 PM
Good Luck!!! And have fun!

I know I set my limits and when that $20.00 is gone I'm done. :rolleyes: :) Usually lasts all of 5 minutes. :rolleyes: Then again, the closest I've gotten to Vegas is the airport, and there, while waiting in line to check in at the gate, I won enough to buy a cup of Starbuck's coffe and put my original investment back in my pocket. :rolleyes: :D

Randi
08-08-2002, 05:10 PM
Have a nice trip, Logan! :) Don't go and loose all your $$$ before an important meeting and get the papers all wet! ;) ;)

momoffuzzyfaces
08-08-2002, 05:11 PM
Well, I'm just green with envy. My brother lives there. Have a great time. We will miss you.

jackiesdaisy1935
08-08-2002, 05:12 PM
Hi Logan, hope your business meeting is a success, but most of all have fun. LOL Maybe you will get to talk to Colleen while you are there, they are leaving tomorrow too. The are staying at the Rio. Chris is staying with us and I promised him I would make Shrimp Scampi tomorrow night and that we would take him to the Japanese Restaurant on Saturday, they are coming home on Sunday, got a birthday party for our oldest daughter Monday night, she will be 43 Oh My. LOL
Anyway you have a great time, don't go to any of those strip shows, LOL make a lot of money so you can come to California.
I will have a surprise to tell you on Thursday. Please take care of yourself in Sin City. LOL
Jackie

Logan
08-08-2002, 09:13 PM
Thanks everyone! Don't worry, I'm too greedy with my money to risk losing it gambling! I was only joking about the $$$. We'll be very careful, I promise!!

And now, Jackie, you have my curiosity up!! I do hope I can at least talk with Colleen, and maybe see her. I have Frank's cell phone number and the other numbers she gave to me. I will definitely try! We just don't know what our plans are yet, and I'm sort of letting Scott "drive" it since he will only have two days and I'll have all day Monday on my own.

Talk with you all when I get back......maybe even Friday morning if I'm really organized!!! :D

gini
08-08-2002, 09:19 PM
Logan, Las Vegas, so close, but yet so far. Just have a wonderful time while you are there - if you lose $20. gambling - well, no big deal. But if you win something, scoop it up, put it in your pocket and walk away. (Of course, I always had to put it all back.)

We will miss you.............

Hugs from Gini and Rascal

Logan
08-08-2002, 10:24 PM
((((((Gini and Rascal))))))) right back. I'll catch up with you when I return.

Logan

Miss Meow
08-08-2002, 10:25 PM
Have the best time! We were watching Ocean's Eleven on video the other night and I said to Shane, gee if we get married and don't want a ceremony, can we go to Vegas and get married in an Elvis chapel!!! So don't do that, but have a fun time anyway :)

Sudilar
08-08-2002, 10:37 PM
Have a successful business trip and WIN big on the slots!! Have fun!

lovemymaltese
08-08-2002, 11:06 PM
Have a nice trip and take care of yourself. Clue us in to all the wonderful sights. I have always wanted to go there.

Ann
08-09-2002, 05:10 AM
Have a good time!! :)

Edwina's Secretary
08-09-2002, 11:23 AM
There's so much to do in Vegas. Frankly, I have only gone when someone else (employer) was paying but nonetheless -- the shows, the cheap food, the animation, the people, etc. They have worked to make it more "family-freindly" over the last decade.

Last time I went I gambled $3.25 (I am very cheap and don't like to give my money without SOMETHING in return!) but it was still interesting and fun.

Enjoy Logan! If you are with the right people -- you can have fun anywhere! ;) ;)

jennifert
08-09-2002, 11:49 AM
Logan, you will be missed around here while you're gone! But have a great time and enjoy your trip!!!

Rachel
08-10-2002, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by Miss Meow
I said to Shane, gee if we get married and don't want a ceremony, can we go to Vegas and get married in an Elvis chapel!!! So don't do that, but have a fun time anyway :)

Rats, you stole my line!

krazyaboutkatz
08-11-2002, 05:21 PM
Have a great time Logan. :) We'll miss you.

DoggiesAreTheBest
08-12-2002, 07:54 AM
Logan, hope you have a good time! I am sure you will have a blast! Vegas is so much fun!

lovemymaltese
08-13-2002, 12:45 PM
I wonder how Logan is in Vegas. I bet that is so much fun.

Former User
08-13-2002, 01:11 PM
I hope she's having fun!
I've never been to Vegas, but I always think of the comedy serie Friends when they were in Vegas... that was a riot... few people got married.... Oh well, nothing to do with Logan though:)

sammi
08-14-2002, 03:12 PM
I wonder if she has spotted Elvis yet? I know for a fact he is alive and well because I read it in the weekly tabloid!:D

Pam
08-14-2002, 04:17 PM
**YAWN** Pet Talk seems a little quieter these days without our Logan, Mother of Many! ;)

AmberLee
08-14-2002, 11:50 PM
I miss Logan, too. Hope she is having a blast.

gini
08-15-2002, 12:14 AM
Oh Logan, are you home yet? What did you bring us?:D :D :D

We missed you!

shais_mom
08-15-2002, 12:23 AM
Hope you had a great time!! And won the big one!!

sammi
08-16-2002, 05:17 PM
Logan, Pam thinks we are booooring! So you had better post soon about your trip (tell us everything - we won't tell)!

NoahsMommy
08-16-2002, 05:47 PM
Vegas is so much fun! I love seeing all the beautful hotels and the eating!!! That would be a wonderful aspect of that city! :) I hope you had a nice time!

Logan
08-16-2002, 10:14 PM
Oh my!! It's Friday night and I have been negligent about my trip!!! I was due home late Wednesday night. There were problems on the plane from Las Vegas and I missed my connection to Greenville in Detroit and ended up spending the night in Detroit. Just got home Thursday morning.....and was totally wiped out. It will take me centuries to catch up on Pet Talk!!!

The trip was fantastic. I had a meeting on Tuesday, which was the reason for the trip. Decided to go a little early to see the sights since I had never been to Las Vegas before. Of course, I wasn't traveling alone, or I wouldn't have gone early!!

I guess it's ok to spill the beans to you all now. Feel like you're family anyway. On Saturday night in Las Vegas, during a very nice dinner, my fellow asked me to marry him, and I said YES!!!! This mother of many is not only getting ready to add another dog to the brood, but also, a man!!! Helen and I are delighted. Can't say that I have ever been happier in my whole life.

At this point, I don't have a lot of details about when, but we're in the planning stages and I'll be sure to let you know!!! I missed you all so much, and I will try to get caught up over the next week.

Sudilar
08-16-2002, 10:31 PM
WOOOOHOOOOOO!!!

Congratulations!!!!!!!

Nomilynn
08-16-2002, 10:39 PM
Oh yay!!!!! I'm SOOOOOOO happy for you!!!!!! CONGRATS!!!!

http://www.btinternet.com/~tonyrichardson/bounce.gif

Logan
08-16-2002, 10:54 PM
Thanks girls!!! You don't know how much it means to me for you to be happy about this news. By the way, his name is Scott, and my "new, old dog" will be Murphy, who has spent an enormous amount of time with me over the last two months. She is a Yellow Lab, 13 years old, and she mostly sleeps and eats, and chases cats. But she is wonderful and I love her dearly already. And we also add two "skin" kids to the mix too!!! A boy, 7, and a girl, 9!!! We're going to have to have a bigger house!!! :eek:

And as my mother said, he must really, really love me to step into this house with all these animals!!! :D

momoffuzzyfaces
08-16-2002, 11:11 PM
WONDERFUL NEWS!!!
Um, Does Scott know he gets all your Pet Talk friends too? He will need to come join our party!!! I'm so glad for you all!!!:D

AmberLee
08-17-2002, 12:19 AM
Welcome "home', Logan! and
Congratulations on your wonderful, exciting news! Yes, we want to be kept up to date on details!

krazyaboutkatz
08-17-2002, 12:36 AM
CONGRATULATIONS LOGAN!!!! This sure is wonderful news. :D :D

Former User
08-17-2002, 04:43 AM
CONGRATULATIONS LOGAN!!

Great news!! I wish you all the love and happiness in the world :)

lynnestankard
08-17-2002, 04:43 AM
CONGRATULATIONS LOGAN AND SCOTT

I'M SO PLEASED TO HEAR YOUR THIS HAPPY LOGAN - IF EVER SOMEONE DESERVED HAPPINESS IT'S YOU. BLESS YOU.

LYNNE

Logan
08-17-2002, 05:52 AM
Originally posted by popcornbird
Congratulations and welcome back! For some reason I thought you were already married, but I guess not. :D Congrats!

When do we get to see Roger and Millie's pictures??? :confused:

I'm working on some new pictures for you, Popcornbird! Sorry, I've been a bit distracted lately!! :o Oh, and by the way, I was married some time ago, for about nine years. But Helen and I have been by ourselves for almost 10 years now. What a wonderful change this is going to be for us!!! :D

Sudilar
08-17-2002, 08:57 AM
Logan!!! Congrats, again!! I am truly thrilled for you, Helen, Scott, the new kids and all the fur-kids!!!!! I wish you all the happiness in the world and it sure sounds like you will get my wish!!!!
http://www.plauder-smilies.de/jump.gif

jackiesdaisy1935
08-17-2002, 09:12 AM
Logan, you know how happy we are to hear the news, what a romantic time and place to get engaged. Did you know that Don and I got married in Las Vegas? LOL
CONGRATULATIONS
Jackie, Miss Daisy and Perry

sammi
08-17-2002, 03:42 PM
Well if that ain't the cats pajamas! I'm really happy for you - and so glad that Helen is happy also. That is a very big plus when your child approves of your marriage plans. I hope you have a wonderful life together.
P.S. 3 dogs never work out so you will need to get a forth so its even!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Karen
08-17-2002, 03:51 PM
Congratulations! :) I know, I'm supposed to say "best wishes" so that, too! What an adventure for everyone - and now Helen is an instant "big sister" - so best wishes for her, too! :)

zippy-kat
08-17-2002, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by momoffuzzyfaces
WONDERFUL NEWS!!!
Um, Does Scott know he gets all your Pet Talk friends too? He will need to come join our party!!! I'm so glad for you all!!!:D

LOL DITTO!!

Congrats Logan!!

auggie
08-17-2002, 08:17 PM
What wonderful news!!!
CONGRATULATIONS LOGAN!!!

I'm so happy for you. Best wishes to you, Helen and your new family.http://www.plauder-smilies.com/smlove2.gif
Angie:)

sammi
08-17-2002, 09:46 PM
Long time since I have seen you post! Hope all is going ok with you. How is Texas?

shais_mom
08-17-2002, 10:58 PM
The animals are looking at me funny b/c I am squealing with DELIGHT!!!
wooohoo!!!
Logan I am soooo happy for you!!! How Wonderful!!!
DETAILS DETAILS!!

Logan
08-18-2002, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by shais_mom
The animals are looking at me funny b/c I am squealing with DELIGHT!!!
wooohoo!!!
Logan I am soooo happy for you!!! How Wonderful!!!
DETAILS DETAILS!!

I love squeeling, Staci!!! I'm squealing too!!! LOL!!! :D Truly, I am happier than I have ever been. God has had a hand in this one, for sure. It can't happen fast enough for me.

Miss Meow
08-18-2002, 12:09 AM
Congratulations Logan, that's wonderful news! How could you concentrate on your work after having a surprise wedding proposal - the rest of the trip must've been a big blur! YAYYY!!!

08-18-2002, 04:42 AM
PROFICIAT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that's how we say it in Dutch , Logan !!!

I am oh so happy for you !! What a romantic dinner that must have been !!
We were in Vegas in 1984 . Not for gambling .. . We were living in St.Louis , Missouri then (during 2 years) and we wanted to visit some national parcs in Utah ; the cheapest way to get there was flying into Vegas and rent a car from there !

I wish you all the luck in the world , Logan and Scott !!!
Aw , that will be a "noisy" household ................

http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/the wave.GIF

http://pages.prodigy.net/bestsmileys1/emoticons3/BALLOONS.GIF

tatsxxx11
08-18-2002, 01:38 PM
CONGRATULATIONS!

http://rats2u.com/clipart/canimation/1019-007-13-1035.gif

DoggiesAreTheBest
08-19-2002, 08:06 AM
Logan, congrats! I am so happy for you. Hurray for you! Scott is a great guy. You guys are going to have a great life!!

Dixieland Dancer
08-19-2002, 11:12 AM
OH MY GOODNESS!!! I have been away for a few days and look what happens!! :D CONGRATULATIONS Logan and Scott! You know how wonderful I think this news is!!!! :D :D :D :D

HERE COMES THE BRIDE!!!! :D :D :D :D

Albea
08-19-2002, 12:15 PM
http://www.gifs.net/animate/sun.gif CONGRATULATIONS LOGAN!!! I'm sorry to be so late in wishing you all the happiness in the world (I only checked this thread right now) Very best wishes for a bright, bright future with your new and extended family.

NoahsMommy
08-20-2002, 01:21 PM
CONGRATULATIONS LOGAN!!!!!

What WONDERFUL news!!! I'm so happy for you and for Helen!! Congratulations and God Bless!!!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
08-20-2002, 04:19 PM
Wow, you go away on a business trip and end up getting engaged! Congratulations, Logan (and Helen)! It's wonderful when two people find each other and are so happy together. Best wishes for a long and wonderful life for you two and the rest of the clan, critters included! :) :D

momoffuzzyfaces
08-20-2002, 08:19 PM
Roger and Millie can sing "Here Comes the Bride" for you. Wouldn't that be special? Congrats Again!!!:D

Logan
08-20-2002, 09:14 PM
LOL!!!! Connie, you are too funny!!! Roger would LOVE to be in our wedding!! :D :D He is such a personable guy anyway.....maybe a nice rendition of Zippity Do Dah, Roger style, would be a nice addition to the ceremony, or at least the reception!!!! :o Too funny!!!!!

Logan

gini
08-20-2002, 09:25 PM
That really is funny! Maybe you could also teach him to say "I DO" before the ceremony.:) :) :)

lynnestankard
08-21-2002, 03:43 AM
logan - have you thought of changing your sig? from - logan, mother of many - to:-

logan, mother of many, beloved of one.

just a thought :D :D

lynne

anna_66
08-21-2002, 07:11 AM
:o Ok, I'm imbarssed...I just now looked at this thread, and OMG!!! I'm sooo happy for you Logan! I just knew there would be someone out there for you. I remember you telling us all the mean things people would say about you not being able to find a husband because of all your animals...guess you proved them wrong!!
Again, I feel stupid I didn't check this before and please forgive me, sometime I don't know what I'm thinking:rolleyes:

CONGRATULATIONS & BEST OF LUCK TO ALL OF YOU!

Logan
08-21-2002, 08:15 AM
Thanks, Anna. No need to be embarassed! LOL!! In fact, it was my own mother who said I would have trouble finding anyone with all these animals, plus the fostering I was doing. When she realized my relationship was getting serious, she said that he must love me a whole lot to take on all these animals! Well, he does!! Hehehe!! :) And we're adding his dog to the crew, so it will be a houseful of kids and animals, but we're so excited we can hardly stand it!!!

Logan

Edwina's Secretary
08-21-2002, 11:56 AM
Logan...

Great big CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! I suspected something of this nature was brewing!!!

Best wishes for your wonderful new adventure!

Sara