PDA

View Full Version : Beyond despicable!!!

Medusa
11-15-2007, 02:51 PM
I went to the hardware store today and talked to the woman there whose cat was shot w/an arrow not too long ago. I even posted the story. Anyhow, she said that someone else's cat had been shot w/a 22 rifle and the cat had to undergo surgery because the shot broke its leg and it cost the family $2000 and she showed me the newspaper article w/the story. They've had this cat since it was 5 weeks old and its basically an indoor cat but it does go outdoors on occasion. This is a rural community and, unfortunately, most people let their cats roam. This poor little guy was sitting in their driveway but the neighbor was mowing and the mower spooked him and he took off running, only to come home a little while later, limping from the gunshot wound. This family said that several years ago they found a box on their front porch that had been duct taped and they were afraid to open it. They called the police and the officer opened it, only to find 6 kittens inside! Do you believe that??? Did these idiots who trapped those kittens in that box not think that the kittens would suffocate and die? Well, the article that was posted on the hardware store bulletin board said that the woman vowed that no one would ever harm those kittens. It didn't follow up w/what happened to them but I can only assume from her comment that she either kept them or found loving homes for all of them. The cat that had been shot was one of those kittens and he's a big, handsome orangie. Well, now the police are involved and they're looking for who's doing this and they're offering a $1000 reward. Nice but it ain't enough in my opinion. Whoever did this should have to pay all vet bills, work in an animal hospital caring for cats, and do jail time. I know, I'm dreaming. But this story is so scary. This occurred only a few miles from my house. All of my cats are indoor cats but, God forbid, if one of them should get out. I'd lose my mind.

lvpets2002
11-15-2007, 03:28 PM
:( :mad: Yes Madusa make these Heatherns from Hell pay for the Vet bills.. However I would not want them in my Clinic taking care of nothing.. You & all know I am a person that beleives An EyE for a EyE.. After the HfH paid the Vet bills off then I think they should be shot in the leg as well.. Thank Goodness My Babies Are All Indoors..

Laura's Babies
11-15-2007, 04:48 PM
There is someone in our area doing the same thing only they don't stop with cats, they have shot horses and cows too. This has been going on for years around here, it makes the local news, then forgot about.

What gets me is people KNOW someone shoots the cats but they still let their cats outside to roam... :rolleyes:

Medusa
11-15-2007, 04:52 PM
Years ago the police came to my door and asked if I had seen anyone suspicious on our property and/or our neighbors property. I said "No, of course not, or I would've called you. Why?" The officer told me that cows were being shot in the head right between the eyes. Long story short, the shooter moved on from shooting animals to shooting hunters. He turned out to be a serial killer whom they finally caught. I can't recall his name, this was in the late 80's but I've read too many stories of serial killers who start w/torturing and/or killing animals and then moving on to people. We may have a potential serial killer in our midst. But if I say something like that, I get laughed at. The usual response is "It's only a cat".

catmandu
11-15-2007, 05:34 PM
I Think Its Because We Have So Much As A Society That These People Get So Bored And Jaded That They Turn Mean. They Think That Having Things Will Make Them Hapy And When It Doesnt They Get Angry And Mean And Strike Out At The Helpless Ones.
I Think Things Were Better When We Had Less , As Too Much Spoils Worse Than Not Having Enough.
Having Things At A Faster Pace Has Made Young People So Impatient, They Get Mad When They Have To Wait A Few Minutes For The Library To Open, And Start Cursing That They Cant Just Walk In When They Want To.
Its Scary That They Are So Materialistic And Have No Sense Of The Spiritual At All.
And They I Dont Think Will Make Very Good Pet Guardians In The Future As They Will Have No Tolerance For Thier Pet Companions If Things Are Not Perfect.

dionne
11-15-2007, 05:52 PM
Hearing the comment "it's only a cat" upsets me immensely for obvious reasons...And as bad as I feel for not letting my cats be a part of their natural habitats, this is just another great example of why I keep my cats indoors.

Medusa
11-15-2007, 06:00 PM
I feel for not letting my cats be a part of their natural habitat

I feel the same way but too much can happen to an outdoor cat. If the elements don't get it, people do, most often cruel kids or careless drivers. It's a real shame and we've talked about this so many times on PT. The only solution, in my humble opinion, is to keep our cats indoors.

Kalei
11-15-2007, 06:05 PM
Years ago the police came to my door and asked if I had seen anyone suspicious on our property and/or our neighbors property. I said "No, of course not, or I would've called you. Why?" The officer told me that cows were being shot in the head right between the eyes. Long story short, the shooter moved on from shooting animals to shooting hunters. He turned out to be a serial killer whom they finally caught. I can't recall his name, this was in the late 80's but I've read too many stories of serial killers who start w/torturing and/or killing animals and then moving on to people. We may have a potential serial killer in our midst. But if I say something like that, I get laughed at. The usual response is "It's only a cat".

Man, I hate it so bad when anyone uses the words "Its only." and refer to any kind of animal. I mean, do they not feel the exact same pain we do? If a cat is shot in the leg, they would feel no less pain than we would feel. It's just so disgusting how evil minded humans can be.

If it wasn't for people like us, this world would be a bloody mess.

I'm so glad that it was that woman's doorstep that those kittens were put on, we know that they were at least all taken care of:)

Catty1
11-15-2007, 08:52 PM
And as bad as I feel for not letting my cats be a part of their natural habitats, this is just another great example of why I keep my cats indoors.

Unfortunately, anywhere there are people, the place seems to become an UNnatural habitat. :(

Medusa
11-16-2007, 07:20 AM
Unfortunately, anywhere there are people, the place seems to become an UNnatural habitat. :(

Sad but true. How profound a statement, Candace! I dated a man who had a "friend" who used cats as target practice. At first when he told me, I thought it was a sick joke but no, the guy actually does this. When my date told him that I had 7 cats, he told me that the guy just grinned and said "Lots of practice for me". I asked the police if there was anything I could do about it and was told that unless I caught him in the act, no, or unless he would freely admit to harming someone's cat, which, of course, he would never do. Needless to say, he and I never became friends and I asked his wife how she lived w/someone like that and she said "Oh, he's an a**hole but he's always been an a**hole." That didn't answer my question but it gave me insight as to how some people view animals: to be used and abused.

catmandu
11-16-2007, 09:56 AM
Well She Must Be One Too If She Condones His Cruelty To Ones Of Gods Craetures With A Shrug. Its What Being An Accomplice Is All About.
They Are Both Scum Of The Earth, And Some Day They Will Have To Face St Peter.