PDA

View Full Version : Kitty Toothbrushes

dionne
11-15-2007, 01:56 AM
Since I had just read the post about professional cat-teeth cleaning, I was reminded of something I was wondering about: Since I do the "old-fashioned" toothbrushing with a Q-tip as well as have my cats teeth cleaned professionally...does anyone have any suggestions about those little finger tooth brush things? Because like I said, I use Q-tips because I'm not very knowledgable about the finger brushes and it's almost as much of a painful experience to the cats as nail-clipping :o

Does anyone use those? If so, do you think it would be more comfortable than a Q-tip? And any other information about cat toothbrushes would be useful too! :D

Medusa
11-15-2007, 07:22 AM
I don't care for the tooth brushes that fit on the end of your finger but pet stores carry pet tooth brushes w/teeny bristles on them and the cats don't seem to mind it much when I use it. The bristles are soft and you only have to swipe a few times to get the job done. Give it a whirl.

critters
11-15-2007, 07:44 AM
I liked to brush Tad's with an infant toothbrush; I found the commercial critter brushes to be too big for his mouth.

kb2yjx
11-15-2007, 08:42 AM
I go to the dollar store and buy small children's toothbrushes, they work just fine and are a good buy!!!

KitCat
11-15-2007, 09:31 AM
My cat likes to chew on the brush, which helps clean his teeth, so I wouldn't want to get my finger in there.

dionne
11-15-2007, 05:54 PM
Wow, those are some great ideas! Thanks guys! :D

catmandu
11-15-2007, 06:50 PM
THATS A GREAT IDEA SANDRA ABOUT THE CHILDS TOOTHBRUSHES AND I WILL RISK A DOLLAR AND MY FINGERS THAT THE FOUND ARADISE HOTEL CATS WILL TAKE TO HAVING THIER TEETH BRUSHED COM MUCHO GUSTO.
I AM LIVING IN A DRAEM WORLD WITH THAT ONE!!!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/cat%20angels/Scan10229.jpg