PDA

View Full Version : Well, that took ten years off my life!

Glacier
11-14-2007, 11:27 PM
My neighbor came over earlier this evening, trying to be a nice guy and take in all my recycling barrels for me. There is a recycling club here where the kids get points for returning things that they can redeem for prizes. Stuart usually takes in the recycling, but since he's not around I told the neighbor his little girl could have all the points if he hauled the stuff away for me.

He's been here many, many times, so often that the dogs don't bark at him anymore. Tonight they went nuts. Dean's St.Bernard-Bernese Mt. Dog cross followed him up here. Much chaos at the fences, so we had to work out a plan to get his truck back out without a major fence fight or an escape. We avoided the fence fight, but somehow Bandit got out.

Bandit is the husky they write breed books about. He knows perfectly well what "COME" means, he just chooses not to do it. We took Bandit when he kept escaping from his last home and ending up here. The more you chase Bandit, the farther he's going to run. It's a big game to him. He hasn't escaped in at least five years. He's never allowed off-leash unless he's at home in the fence!

My neighbor took his dog home and came back. By then Bandit had gone to visit another neighbor's horses. I had already called him to say "that's my dog, I'm trying to catch him" which reduces the chances of the horse owner coming out with his gun.

The horse neighbor's rottie was loose though. I though Sasha might take exception to Bandit being on her territory. Sasha is seriously brain damaged from an incident with a car a couple years ago. She decided she liked Bandit! Thank goodness! That gave me and Megan, the neighbor's daughter, time to sneak up on Bandit and get his attention briefly.

Megan ran down the road, skipping and making all kinds of noise. God bless her! She was far more interesting to Bandit than the bag of treats I was shaking! He followed her right through the gate and back into the yard.

I need a drink now!

crow_noir
11-14-2007, 11:35 PM
*hugs*

Glad you got your boy back. :)

DrKym
11-14-2007, 11:48 PM
WOW ! what an adventure! Glad he is safe at home!

chocolatepuppy
11-15-2007, 04:18 AM
I was hanging on the edge of my seat! Thank goodness Bandit is back in the fence! ;)

critter crazy
11-15-2007, 06:03 AM
:eek: Bandit You Naughty Boy You!!!! Geesh, dont give your momma a heart attack like that!! I am so Glad that Bandit Came home Safely Phewwwww....

cyber-sibes
11-15-2007, 06:58 AM
Aw, he just did it to show off to the other huskies! ;)
"Hey- look what I did! Man, it was so cool - you shoulda seen the bi-peds all running around trying to catch me! Yup, I still got it! Guess what I saw while I was out".......yatta yatta yatta.
Welcome home Bandit! Now STAY!!!!!

pitc9
11-15-2007, 08:17 AM
Thank Gawd Bandit's safe!!!

Freedom
11-15-2007, 08:21 AM
Aw, he just did it to show off to the other huskies! ;)
"Hey- look what I did! Man, it was so cool - you shoulda seen the bi-peds all running around trying to catch me! Yup, I still got it! Guess what I saw while I was out".......yatta yatta yatta.
Welcome home Bandit! Now STAY!!!!!
Obviously writtten by someone who KNOWS sibes, he he!

Glad he is back safe and sound.

Cinder & Smoke
11-15-2007, 09:53 AM
THANKS for comin Home, NawTee Bandit!! ;)

... but somehow Bandit got out.

He knows perfectly well what "COME" means, he just chooses not to do it.

Megan ran down the road, skipping and making all kinds of noise. God bless her!
She was far more interesting to Bandit than the bag of treats I was shaking!
He followed her right through the gate and back into the yard. :)

I need a drink now! :cool:

OMG!

Sounds like some of my "adventures" with "The Fluffie-Tailed Hunter", aka dear Bowser!

The lil Snot had a distance/speed calculator in his head that constantly evaluated his
position to me and my sprinting ability (poor) ... and when he managed to
cross the line
where New Dad could be reasonably expected NOT to *catch* him ...
Good-Bye Bowser!! --- Tyme to Go Huntin inna Woods!

The more you chase - the faster they run >>AWAY<<! :mad:

What (sometimes) worked was to shout gross obscenities in his direction, STOMP back
to the ranch, and give the door a MIGHTY **SLAM** ...
He'd (usually) trott back with his Fluffie Tail *waving* like a white flag!
"HI, New Dad --- I'z back!"

Grrrrr ... :mad:
Sure do *MISS* ya, Bowz! :(

/s/ Phred (aka New Dad)

Lori Jordan
11-15-2007, 10:01 AM
You must of been terrified,My heart nearly stopped readiing this,Anna too did that at our other house,But she was kicked in the face and lost a couple teeth and ended up with stiches(What a girl she was)

Ginger's Mom
11-15-2007, 11:36 AM
Oh Bandit, you are definitely a Wandering Spirit. I am glad you are home safely.