PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know what I looking for?!

Muddy4paws
11-14-2007, 07:25 PM
lol.. Its 1:22 am here so excuse my stupidity.

I've found someone close to me thats willing to provide me with a free sofa for my shop. I dont drive and I cant rely on anyone else as she needs it to be shifted asap.

What service do I look for?! :o

Ive tried yellow pages for couriers and removal men but they charge for the whole day and it is litrally a 20 minute ride there and back. For a whole day they was £150 and I really cannot afford anything like that right now.
The couriers only seem to do smaller packages and Im stuck as to what to look for.

:D Im guessing its a really obvious answer but Im so stuck with what it might be, Im ill and cant sleep so thats my excuse. :D

Sirrahsim
11-14-2007, 07:30 PM
Do you have a friend with a truck or large van? :D Or if they have something like UHaul where you can get a buddy to rent a truck that might work. I really don't know what else you could do.

kitten645
11-14-2007, 08:42 PM
Why don't you post on craigslist? What the job is and how much you are willing to pay. Put it under "gigs".
Claudia

Donnaj4962
11-14-2007, 09:05 PM
Also, check with local colleges/universities... if there is one close to where you live. I would think that some students would love to be able to make some extra money for the Holidays!

Marigold2
11-14-2007, 10:16 PM
Yes a friend that can drive a UHaul would be the best bet.

Do you have a friend with a truck or large van? :D Or if they have something like UHaul where you can get a buddy to rent a truck that might work. I really don't know what else you could do.

Catty1
11-14-2007, 10:21 PM
Look in a local newspaper...sometimes there are movers who have no more than a truck to offer, but they do small moves.

Does the person who has the sofa know someone, if you could pay them a wee bit for moving it to you?

Good luck! :)

Muddy4paws
11-17-2007, 01:46 PM
Thanks for the advice, Unfortunatly it all fell through. :(