PDA

View Full Version : Dachshund Mutilates Baby Boy's Genitals.

ScottieMommy
11-14-2007, 06:02 PM
Got this straight from the other forums i belong to, decided to share, how terrible is this!

Dachshund Mutilates Baby Boy's Genitals

(Lake County News-Sun)
Police are still looking into what exactly happened in a Waukegan apartment early Sunday morning when a dachshund chewed off the genitals of a 4-month-old boy.

Fire and police personnel arrived at 1:30 a.m. to the home on the 1300 block of White Oak Drive on the city's far southwest side and encountered the infant — who was bleeding profusely — and took him from the scene in a Flight For Life helicopter to a hospital.

The father of the boy told police he was visiting his girlfriend with his son when the infant fell asleep on a couch. The girlfriend had placed blankets around the child and the two went into another room to sleep.

Police said the girlfriend's dachshund may have smelled urine in the child's diaper and began to chew away at the diaper.

The dog continued to destroy the diaper until he mutilated and ingested the child's genitals. The girlfriend awoke to the child screaming and immediately called 911. The boy was taken to Lutheran General Hospital in Park Ridge where he was listed in stable condition.

An effort was made to recover the boy's genitalia by performing surgery, but police said the dog vomited and a veterinarian determined the tissue was substantially destroyed and reattachment would not be possible.

The animal is now held in Waukegan Animal Control custody.

Cmdr. Wayne Walles said the Waukegan Police Criminal Investigations Division and the Lake County States Attorney's Office are still investigating the incident.

A notification to the Department of Child and Family Services has been made.

By Marc Jenkins / Lake County News-Sun

*LabLoverKEB*
11-14-2007, 06:28 PM
OMG!!! :eek: That's just shocking! Poor little boy. How sad. But the baby should have never been left alone with a dog.

My grandparents live in Waukegan. Love it there! Just had to add, lol. ;)

Vela
11-14-2007, 06:37 PM
Not all of us want to read things like this, please only post this stuff in the DogHouse. That's where it belongs. I didn't WANT to read it, and haven't read your post, but the title was enough. Please don't post it here again. The Dog House is made for controversial or exceptionally graphic information, thanks.

K9soul
11-14-2007, 06:38 PM
As if there aren't enough gruesome and horrific articles posted regularly on Pet Talk, can't they at least be kept in the Doghouse?

caseysmom
11-14-2007, 06:39 PM
So they left the child with a dog not use to kids while they went to fool around...how irresponsible can you get, poor kid.

ScottieMommy
11-14-2007, 09:03 PM
Sorry i dint know things like this cannot be posted here, since even worse than this is posted in the other forums to keep people updated with thats going on. NOT knowing will be ignorant because people learn a lot from this and we are grown ups we can take it.

Sorry tho.

Karen
11-14-2007, 09:31 PM
I moved this to The Dog House. The Dog House is where anything upsetting or controversial belongs on Pet Talk.

ScottieMommy
11-15-2007, 05:12 PM
Thanks Karen i had NO idea it belonged here.

jackie
11-15-2007, 07:11 PM
This is the second time something like this has happened.

Remember the pitty puppy that chewed the babies toes off. Why didn't the parents check on him earlier? It is hard to believe that the baby didn't start to scream as soon as the dog was at his diaper.

When will people learn not to leave children and animals alone together. :(

ScottieMommy
11-15-2007, 09:57 PM
I do feel bad for the dog as well and is NOT the dog's fault that he was left alone with a baby. I just hope everything works out for both baby and dog, is not the dogs fault again that two idiots leave a 4 month old baby alone, is obiously the girlfriends/fathers fault.