PDA

View Full Version : Molly has bloody poop what could it be?

buttercup132
11-14-2007, 02:08 PM
She has been following me into every room I go into and just crying and crying. We have been finding little poos around the house latley and she was just on my room (only her) and there was a little poo where she was sitting. It's got quite a bit of blood in it and it's kind of green. She was also licking her bottom alot so I looked and it's bloody around there too. What could she have wrong with her :confused:
I know a vet appointment is in need so I don't need anyone to tell me that just wondering what causes bloody poop.

Kalei
11-14-2007, 02:47 PM
Hmmm Kalypso's poop was a bit bloody there for a little while. But she still only pooped in her litterbox and she wasn't licking her bottom. When Kalypso was getting it, it was because she was so young yet she was eating kitten food, cat food, and dog food and her body just wasn't use to it. But it went away a week later thankfully.

I hope that your Molly will be okay and that its nothing too serious.

columbine
11-14-2007, 03:15 PM
Maybe she's constipated? Green doesn't sound right either, but that probably depends on what she's been eating.

Love, Columbine

catmandu
11-14-2007, 05:13 PM
That Sounds As Though Shes Straining To Poo As Well.
We Are Praying That Its Nothing That Your Vet Doesnt Have Medications For!!!

jennielynn1970
11-14-2007, 05:19 PM
Maybe she has worms?? Not sure. Hope the vet will clarify the issue for you.

Catlady711
11-14-2007, 06:37 PM
Bloody poo could be anything from bad constipation to a severe infection. Only your vet will know for sure which is causing it.

Make sure to take a fresh stool sample of the green small poo with you when you go to your appointment so they can test for parasites.

I hope your vet appointmet goes smooth and turns out to be something easily treatable.

Catty1
11-14-2007, 10:04 PM
BC - the good news is you can initially take in just a poo sample in a small baggie (clean).

They can usually tell from looking at the sample what is going on, without needing to see Molly.

My guess is coccidia, which is a little parasite and easy to treat. Cole had it shortly after he first came to live with me - he had been an outdoors boy before.

Keep us posted!

dionne
11-15-2007, 01:49 AM
Coccidia (spelling?), which is an intestinal parasite, definetly sounds like what that is to me. Awhile back, in fact one of the reasons I had found PT in the first place was because I myself had the almost exact same situation and needed information. The problem with my situation was, my sister and I had 3 different cats using one giant litter box and couldn't narrow down who it was. We finally discovered it was my sister's cat and she was diagnosed with Coccidia. The good news (if there ever could be good news with something like that...) about Coccidia is it's very easily treated with antibiotics.

Good luck, and hope your kitty gets well soon!

catnapper
11-15-2007, 06:39 AM
A lot of times they'll get bloody poo from having diarrhea or constipation. Thats from the irritation of either case. You should really go to the vet to determine whats behind the constipation or diarrhea though. My guys had diarrhea last month due to a change in food. IT can be quite simple or it could be much more complicated, but a trip to the vet can rule out the complicated stuff! :)

jennielynn1970
11-15-2007, 01:31 PM
Any news from the vet Alicia?

Fuzzybuns
11-15-2007, 01:54 PM
I learned a long time ago not to ask what it could be...everything I read just scared me stupid.

I'm glad that you're taking her to the vet, please let us know how it goes!

Catlady711
11-15-2007, 10:07 PM
What did the vet say?

crow_noir
11-15-2007, 11:13 PM
Wishing the best of luck to Molly.

buttercup132
11-16-2007, 09:26 AM
She ended up not going to the vet, she stopped having bloody poo and she got into some human food the other day (so my mom told me) and so she said she was just constapated (sp?).