PDA

View Full Version : Nebo in puppy kindergarten

wolf_Q
08-08-2002, 02:51 PM
Well, I did it. My parents are surely going to kill me, but oh well. Nebo is enrolled in the puppy kindergarten class at Petsmart. It was $89, I had to visit my bank account lol. I barely made it in, the class holds 10 pups, and I was number 9. The first class is on Tuesday, and it's for humans only. The next one will be sometime the week after that. I think he is fine now (healthwise)...eating normally, and has tons of energy. Still has some diarhea, but I think the antibiotics might be making it worse, and well, it make take a while before it completely stops...it appears to be getting better. I'm going to get his 2nd shots/deworming done on Monday. Wish us luck! :)

ChrisAK
08-08-2002, 03:06 PM
Good for you and Nebo.

If he is still having the runs, feed him cooked rice and hamburger (browned). Keep a little kibble in it, but let it be mostly rice and burger. Even with the antibotics this should solidify him a little more without loosing the medicinal effect.

Good luck and enjoy your classes.

wolf_Q
08-08-2002, 03:23 PM
Thanks Chris, I have give him some rice 2 or 3 times mixed in with his food. He really loves that! I haven't tried the hamburger yet, I'm not sure if we even have any. Should I be giving him rice with every meal? (I feed him 3 times a day)

Cincy'sMom
08-08-2002, 04:19 PM
I am glad you decided to do the class...we have found them to be well worth the money. Not only does it give you ideas how to handle situations and train the pup, butalso helps socialize the pup...and you get to see lots of other cute puppies!

have fun!

CountryWolf07
08-08-2002, 06:57 PM
That's good! :) Well, you're doing the right thing for Nebo, getting trained, etc! Don't worry about it. - Rachel