PDA

View Full Version : Edwina is getting a "friend"

Edwina's Secretary
08-08-2002, 02:05 PM
no,no,no...not another cat.

My niece...who is living in our basement for her last year of college has asked if she can have a "furry friend." We said as long as she keeps its cage very clean. Other conditions -- not snakes (furry???) or rats -- that's my husband, it is a "rescue" rather than petstore purchase -- that's mine and when she goes to her mother's house (about 2 hours away) for long weekend and breaks -- furry goes along. Oh yes...Edwina has to agree as well.

Last night she presented us with her research on Guinea Pigs -- including Chicago area rescues, cage requirements, feeding and care, etc.

That just left Edwina's approval....I called to Edwina who was upstairs...she stuck her head through the bannister...didn't seem bothered by Leslie's request.

I am so worried. Edwina rarely goes in the basement -- (the evil dehumidifiers live there!) so their paths won't cross often.

I know some of you have both cats and guinea pigs...do they co-habitate okay?

Randi
08-08-2002, 02:30 PM
Uhhh, Edwina! A new fur friend in the house! You be a good girl and say a big Welcome! I'm sure you'll still be the center of attention! :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
08-08-2002, 03:09 PM
Oh goody, this means we'll have lots more interesting Edwina stories in the next coming months. ;) :)

You never know, maybe she'll really take to the critter and she will discover herself. Wonder what kind of hat one would wear when babysitting a Guinea Pig. ;) :D

That just left Edwina's approval....I called to Edwina who was upstairs...she stuck her head through the bannister...didn't seem bothered by Leslie's request.

You crack me up. :D :D

Oh, and if her experience with squirrels and such is any indication, she won't even know the thing is there. ;) :D

sasvermont
08-08-2002, 03:33 PM
A lot will depend on Edwina's interest in the new friend. It may be interesting to see if she even notices. LOL

I too think it will feed fuel to the fire for more stories of the "Adventures (or lack thereof) for Edwina"....... Although she doesn't seem to be the active character in the episodes, the stories are about her. She is quite the kitty.

I just love all the shots of her in her bonnetts! She has quite the selection of hats. What next, shoes?

:D

NoahsMommy
08-08-2002, 03:36 PM
Maybe she'll think its a member of the squirel family and try negotiating for TURKEY... :)

momoffuzzyfaces
08-08-2002, 04:52 PM
I've had hamsters and cats at the same time but not piggies. My cats got along with the hamsters as long as I didn't leave them loose in the room together. I do have a couple of pictures of my then cat, Tippy, sitting by Calhoon's (my hamster) cage watching him. She could never get her paw through the bars to get him. Calhoon never seemed too stressed out by her watching him. I too, can't wait for the new adventures of Edwina and the Piggie! :D

Sara luvs her Tinky
08-08-2002, 06:22 PM
I am glad to hear Miss Edwina is getting a new friend. Maybe she can get some tips from the new piggie as on how to catch the flower eatin critter outside?!?! ;)

Miss Meow
08-08-2002, 07:23 PM
How wonderful Edwina's mummy! I used to have guinea pigs when I was younger and the sound of them squeaking hello when I approached their enclosures was one of the nicest sounds!

I'm not sure if cats and guinea pigs mix if they haven't been brought up together. Try introducing them in a supervised environment and see how they go. You'll have to get some smaller sized hats for your piggie!

zippy-kat
08-09-2002, 12:10 AM
Will Edwina's harley now sport a sidecar?! :eek:

From Miss Edwina's "tails," I gather she is a very laid back kitkat. I'll bet she's alot like my Tom was--I had pet mice and could set those lil' guys on the cat; he didn't care. (Though I think he was a little appalled and disgusted :rolleyes: Such is royalty, you know. :) )

I dunno... do squirrels and cats barter for turkey & guniea pigs? :confused:

;)

Pam
08-09-2002, 07:07 AM
Originally posted by zippy-kat
Will Edwina's harley now sport a sidecar?! :eek:

:D :D :D !