PDA

View Full Version : Time to protect the public

ChrisH
08-08-2002, 01:22 PM
I think this article about `dangerous dogs` is well written and balanced. What do you think?

http://www.petplanet.co.uk/petplanet/news/newsbody.asp?article_id=333

jackiesdaisy1935
08-09-2002, 09:04 AM
I think the banning of certain dog breeds is very dangerous, where will it end? With the little Chihuahua? Just because a dog is big does not make it a threat. As in our case with the attack on Perry and Daisy by a Pitbull, it is not the dog, it is the people who own the dog. It makes them feel powerful and safe, however the Pitbull lives in a horrible situation. From what we understand he attacked a friend of theirs dog and it took hitting him over the head eight times with a shovel to stop the attack while they watched.

They have three Pitbulls, the Dad, Mom and baby and they are chained in the backyard with huge chains staked in the ground, in the dirt, their water bucket is knocked over early in the morning, so they don't have water, a couple of them have broken down doghouses, and they are outside chained up from 7 in the morning to sometimes 9 at night. Can you wonder why they are angry?

In our area the Pitbull is owned by many drug dealers, thugs, people who are usually in trouble with the law and use them as a first defense against the police. In many cases they are taught to fight and these people watch to see how mean their dog is and they maim each other.

Right now they are waiting to go to court for the attack on Daisy and Perry and they have to keep the dogs in the house and cannot chain them outside. They have two little kids and I'm concerned about them being in harms way. It's still not the end of the story until we see what happens in court.

One article I read said that the Pitbull was bred here in the States in many areas to fight other dogs down through the years and I believe that. It's in their blood. So many have been crossbred, I think one should be very careful in choosing a Pitbull with a good disposition and know what the background of the Mom and Dad was.
Jackie, Miss Daisy and Perry

Kfamr
08-09-2002, 02:16 PM

ChrisH
08-09-2002, 04:00 PM
Jackie, Miss Daisy and Perry. Much love to you.

Dixie Belle
08-09-2002, 08:44 PM
I always say, "It is not the dog, but the person who owns the dog"

Andie
08-12-2002, 04:00 PM
Though pretty well written it does have some holes.

NoahsMommy
08-12-2002, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by Dixie Belle
I always say, "It is not the dog, but the person who owns the dog"

Amen to that! Any dog can be taught to be mean if they are treated that way in return. Poor things. :(

mugsy
08-12-2002, 09:55 PM
I totally agree that it's not the dog, it's the person. People are just evil sometimes. They train their dogs to be vicious and then wonder what happened when the dog hurts someone. Idiots! Does anyone ever bother to question when a kid gets hurt as to what it was that they were doing to the dog at the time of the attack. Most of the time, the child was teasing the dog or trying to take something away from it. Oh well, I'm sure I'll be wrong again, but it's just my opinion.