PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a foster in Oregon: Update

dionne
11-12-2007, 10:34 PM
Hello PT people.

I am looking for someone to Foster a friend of mine's kitty. This kitty was rescued after being thrown out of a moving car window in a Wells Fargo parking lot, and now my friend is homeless and unable to take care of the kitty for the time being. I myself am not allowed to have any more pets in my apartment, and she was going to surrender this kitty to the humane society. Like me, this person views her cat as her child, and like all of us, does not want to give her kitty up. So I am trying to find her a foster, so she can possibly one day get her cat back when she gets back on her feet. If anything, I'm looking for someone who can take care fo this cat and love it as much as she does.

This kitty, whose name is precious, is a female long haired Tabby who is not quite a kitten, but not quite an adult yet, either. She's very sweet, but very liberal and likes to run about and still has kitten tendencies. I can email pics to anyone who wants them.

If anyone thinks that they can look after Precious temporarily, please let me know and I can drive anywhere within reason. I am in Albany Oregon.

Thanks!
Dionne

catmandu
11-13-2007, 05:45 PM
THATS VERY TOUCHING AS I HAVE JUST LOST MY PRECIOUS LESS THAN A MONTH AGO. BUT I AM NOT TAKING ANY MORE CATS IN, AS I HAVE HEALTH ISSUES , IT SOUNDS LIKE PRECIOUS WOULD REALLY FIT IN WELL HERE WITH THE KITTY QUARTET.
WE ARE PRAYING THAT SOMEWHERE THERES A FURR EVER HOME FOR PRECIOUS. MY PRECIOUS IS DELIGHTED TO BE HER GUARDIAN ANGEL!!!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/cat%20photos%202/cats1011434.jpg
WE ARE ALL PRAYING FOR PRECIOUS TO FIND A HOME!!!

Freedom
11-13-2007, 07:10 PM
Wish I was closer, to help out. I will say some prayers that something develops!

dionne
11-13-2007, 10:35 PM
Thanks, both of you for your support. I have yet to find anything else out, but I will post update(s) about any other information I find out.

dionne
11-15-2007, 02:02 AM
Well, unfortunately since the only option I found for Precious was a couple who had an apparent alcoholism problem and dangerously messy house with about 15 other cats, Precious has an appointment to be surrendered to the Heartland Humane Society on Friday. Even though it disappoints me that my friend will be unable to keep her kitty, I feel a lot better about her going there than to a place where she wouldn't be cared for.

The only thing I'm wondering at this point though: Has anyone ever heard of a Humane Society CHARGING you to surrender an animal? This place is charging $35 to take her in!! I mean, of course it makes sense, they need to take care of the animals somehow, but my Aunt works for the Humane Society on the eastern side of Oregon, and she had never heard of anyone charging to take in an animal...

Any thoughts?

Anikaca77
11-15-2007, 06:40 AM
Does this place put cats down?

dionne
11-15-2007, 05:57 PM
No, it's strictly a no-kill shelter. They won't even Euthanize your pets if you request it. It's also a very good place because they have tons of people who foster for them, and a very VERY good program for adoption. Like I said, I'm very relieved about the situation, especially after doing research and finding out how good of a reputation they have. :)