PDA

View Full Version : Free raccoon to good home!

animal_rescue
11-12-2007, 03:23 PM
LOL I found this on Craigslist, it's being voted as one of craigslist best.

I am currently posting an AD for a VERY VERY highly intelligent Raccoon! Probabaly smarter than my Dog! His name is "Ricky" the raccoon. He is FREE to whom ever has the patcience and can get him! :o) He lives behind my shed... and knows exactly what he's doing at all times. Such as...

(1)Takes the garbage lid off~!! Goes in the garbage and Eats everything! Whatever he decides he does not want, he simply scatters across our whole back yard! Including dirty diapers, toilet paper, wrappers, etc. (half of it is the neighbors garbage) I know it was him because his paw print was in the mash potatoes!!! Not to mention he was carrying an old purse I threw away out of the garbage!

(2)One day I did something to make him reaall mad. He POOPED on top of the sun-roof on my car! It literally looked alive, like a baby bird or something! EWWWW!

(3)He soo kindly sits next to my car when I get home and has a Staring contest with my family and I through the window! Until obviously HE looses and walks away! Ha! ha!

(4)My dog is a Medium to Large dog and "Ricky" was staring at my dog when she was outside so hard with those trouble-making beady little eyes. My dog was screeching and crying like a little kitten, I thought someone was murdering her at first! Or maybe it is because "Ricky" is almost as BIG as her..?!? I had to go out there with a broom, and get her. I almost put my snowsuit on, just incase "Ricky" got curious enough to want to know how I tasted!

(5)The Other day, I came out to take out the garbage and "Ricky" was sitting in the igloo dog house we have outside just staring at me! Then he had the nerve to walk out towards me...which I then went screaming back into the house with the garbage. When I looked out, he was slowly walking back to the Igloo Doghouse.

(6)He sits on my Porch when were not home! EVERYTIME I come home my neighbor says, "Ricky" was sitting on your steps again". Why our Steps??? Don't you like anyone else??? No offense "Ricky" your kind of cute, BUT FROM A DISTANCE!!! Don't worry "Ricky"! I have it under control, Today I am finding you a NEW mommy or daddy (to torture and eat their garbage)!! :o) This could be the happiest day of my life!! Next to the birth of my daughter, and my marriage!

***So there it is "Ricky" the highly intelligent raccoon! He will be your friend AND your enemy all at the same time! If you are looking for a pet to gaurd your door when your not home, eat all your left overs, and that will play lots of games with you. "Ricky" is your Raccoon! :o) Huh..."Ricky"! I wouldn't be surprised if he was looking in the window right now, and theres' s**t on my car again when I go outside. Oh well! Any Takers???

Marigold2
11-12-2007, 08:56 PM
I have two friends. Friend one has a raccoon problem. She catches them in traps and takes them to friend two's house. Friend Two's husband shoots the poor trapped creature. It's makes me sick. I have tried to find a rescue center for them with no luck. Not even sure if what this guy is doing is illegal. Anyone with advice? Not allowed to release them in park.

Karen
11-12-2007, 09:05 PM
Marigold, call Animal Control for your town, they will know if they can be released anywhere legally and safely. I am sure the rules vary town-to-town, state-to-state.

Freedom
11-12-2007, 10:22 PM
Animal Rescue, that is so funny! I can see how it made the vote!

We have some funny ones on craigslist here as well. Someone advertised (in the PETS section!) that she needed to rehome her kid who was suddenly allergic to the cat. Another one (just today!) has posted a Tasmanian Devil for rehoming, he he. Whirling dervish. I see some posts that I'm not even sure if they are in jest or for real!

Thanks for sharing this one!