PDA

View Full Version : I'm such an idiot.

Cookiebaker
11-12-2007, 03:02 PM
So, we are going to Mark's dads house for dinner tonight, and i'm making layered brownies (yum!). I took the crust out of the oven and spread the next layer on them. Then (here's where i am an idiot) I proceeded to pick up the pan with my bare fingers to put it back in the oven. I am now sporting a nasty burn on my 3 fingers on my right hand. :( I used some bottled aloe (sold for sunburns) but this is a good reminder to have a fresh aloe plant in the house. We don't need it very often, but when we do its great to have on hand!

Randi
11-12-2007, 03:32 PM
Ooouch! :( That sounds painful! I did the same a few weeks ago. I started out with holding my fingers in cold water. Then I remembered I had a little tube of cream to put on, which is supposed to take some of the pain.

Having your fingers in cold water does help, but it's such a pain having to sit there for ages - I had to one time. Good idea to get some of that Aloe if it helps.

Hope the pain goes away soon! :)

Logan
11-12-2007, 03:42 PM
A&D Ointment is the ticket, Anna. Do you have any? It works wonders!

Your poor fingers. Sounds like something I would do! :p

Freedom
11-12-2007, 04:15 PM
If God had meant for us to hold "fire," he would have given us potholder hands. ;)

I have a bad habit of pulling the oven rack out, putting the pot holders down, testing whatever it is, then pushing the rack back in without grabbing the holders first! So you aren't alone.

Hope it heals and feels better soon!

mina'smomma
11-12-2007, 04:35 PM
Owwwwwieee if I had a dime for everytime I've done that one I'd be a rich woman. I hope your fingers will feel better soon.

lizbud
11-12-2007, 04:36 PM
Wow, I'd be picking brownies up from the floor. :) Hope it heals up asap.

K9karen
11-12-2007, 11:41 PM
Gawd..if I had a dollar for every time I did that. *Slaps forehead*. Hope you're OK and appying aloe. I sometimes saturate a gauze pad in aloe, then wrap it around the injured area with tape and leave it on for a while. We keep gallon containers of aloe vera. If it's any consulation.. as a brownie fanatic..they sound great. Care to share the recipe?

pitc9
11-13-2007, 08:01 AM
Ouch, Ouch, OUCH!!! :eek:
I've been wanting to get an aloe plant too!!
I once found out the hard way that I had a hole in a pot holder while pulling a tray full of cookies out of the oven once. YIKES!! I dropped the tray and aimed for the top of the stove, but missed and hit the edge of it and flung warm, ooey, gooey, choc chip cookies all over the kitchen. :mad:

Hope your fingers heal up quickly!

Cookiebaker
11-13-2007, 08:17 AM
Care to share the recipe?

Thanks for the well wishes....my fingers are much better this morning. :) I can type with two hands again ;)

And the sad part? The brownies weren't even worth it. I'll post a link to the online recipe (its from Taste of Home magazine). If you like uber sweet then you will like these. They were just wayyyy too sugary for my taste. :p And, they were a lot of work, and lots of dishes, too.

You can find the recipe here (http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Black--N--White-Brownies)