PDA

View Full Version : Does anybody know?

Cookiebaker
11-12-2007, 11:04 AM
Can you copy a soundtrack of a DVD and turn it into a CD to play in a regular CD player? Is that legal? thanks!! :) (note: I paid for the DVD, and the CD would be for my own personal use, not to sell or distribute!) Its got lullabies on it, and I think it would make a fantastic CD to play while Lydia goes to sleep, and we don't have a DVD player upstairs.

lvpets2002
11-12-2007, 11:42 AM
:) The DVD & CD is formated differant.. You can only burn DVD vs DVD && only a CD vs CD.. They have to be equal formated.. Now dont know if its Legal or not.. Depends on what you are trying to copy.. Hope this helps..

Karen
11-12-2007, 11:51 AM
You may be able to copy the songs off it onto your computer, then use a program like iTunes to make a CD ... I've never tried that, but it is worth a shot!

BitsyNaceyDog
11-12-2007, 12:04 PM
I just did a quick search on Google and found this- http://www.castudio.org/dvdaudioextractor/. I've never used it and I know nothing about it, hopefully it'll do what you need it to do.

Cookiebaker
11-12-2007, 03:05 PM
thanks for the replies :) We are going to try out the suggestions and see if we can make this work. (I'm gonna get Mark's help to do this).