PDA

View Full Version : My parents have a visitor in their yard *Pic*

DJFyrewolf36
11-11-2007, 06:13 PM
Someone has decided to take up residence in my parents back yard...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v252/DJFyrewolf36/013.jpg

She is friendly (my mom can hand feed her) and the dogs don't pay any attention to her. She's good at keeping the squerels away from the food my mom puts out for other birds. So what is she? Some people think she is a form of wild turkey, although my parents and I figure she's some type of chicken...probibly escaped from the idiots a few houses down who may have cockfighting chickens. :mad: Well if she is an escape mom says she has a home with her, especially since its starting to get chilly out.

Welcome to PT, Mrs Hen!

Freedom
11-11-2007, 06:26 PM
Wow, what an intriguing guest! I've never seen a bird like that. Tame and unafraid of dogs makes it doubly unusual. Hope she sticks around and stays safe. Nice photo!

DJFyrewolf36
11-11-2007, 06:29 PM
Wow, what an intriguing guest! I've never seen a bird like that. Tame and unafraid of dogs makes it doubly unusual. Hope she sticks around and stays safe. Nice photo!

My mom can take the credit for that :) She got real close to the hen when she took the photo too...she doesn't spook at all around the dogs, almost as if she is used to having big mutts around.

critter crazy
11-11-2007, 07:30 PM
She definitely looks like a chicken. Looks like Maybe and Old English game type to me. She sure is pretty. Just about the same color as my RB Angel. Gorgeous bird.:)

sammy101
11-11-2007, 07:46 PM
Very unusual guest but she is a very pretty bird. Please keep us updated with her! :)

Twisterdog
11-11-2007, 07:49 PM
Looks like a chicken to me. Cute. :)

ramanth
11-11-2007, 08:23 PM
What a beautiful hen. I hope she sticks around! :D

ScottieMommy
11-11-2007, 08:52 PM
Welcome cute Chicken, really cute. My grandmother has this two weird type of small Chickens i have NO idea what they are. They are really tiny and they are from the Chicken family i believe. They have really cute colorful tails and they are always laying eggs LOL. My grandmother will not let them hatch tho because she does not want her yard filled with Chickens LOL. She has the pair male and female they are really cute.