PDA

View Full Version : In loving memory, Corinna...

Kfamr
11-10-2007, 02:42 PM
I am a week late, however, it was 1 year and a week ago that Pet Talk lost a beloved member. Corinna will forever be in my heart.

Above my computer desk on my shelves, I have little dog nicknacks she sent me. She told me when she sent me them that she's had some of them since her childhood. I will treasure them forever.

We miss you, Corinna. :( I never got to meet you in person although I had always wished to. You were always someone I cherished here and will never be forgotten.
April 8th, 1961 - November 3rd, 2006

cyber-sibes
11-10-2007, 03:18 PM
Yes, it's hard to think it's already been a year. I've been thinking about her a lot, especially while working on the card swap. May her family be blessed with sweet memories of her at this time, she was a special lady.

Karen
11-10-2007, 03:44 PM
She was such a special member of Pet Talk, and such a good person to both people and animals. We'll always remember her, and how happy she was to become a grandmother. Rest in peace, dear lady!

ramanth
11-10-2007, 03:50 PM
We miss you Corinna! :(

Whisk_Luva
11-10-2007, 04:02 PM
I never got to 'meet' Corinna but from her posts etc she seemed like a fantastic person.

Rest In Peace Corinna, I wish I could of 'met' you... :(

buttercup132
11-10-2007, 04:06 PM
She's deffinatly missed around here. Has anyone herd from her hubby and how the dogs are doing?
R.I.P Corinna.

moosmom
11-10-2007, 04:09 PM
Has it been a whole year? Wow. Time sure does fly.

We miss you Corinna. Your gentle posts and kind words are missed.

Glacier
11-10-2007, 04:20 PM
I had forgotten that she was so young.

I have a dog fur sweater that she made and sent to me. I think of her often, every time I pull on that snuggly warm sweater.

Rest well, Corinna.

chocolatepuppy
11-10-2007, 04:27 PM
Corinna was such a sweet woman. I at least feel I have a part of her and my RB Mandy in the scarf she made from Mandys fur. I do hope her family and pets are doing well. She sure is missed around here.

Husky_mom
11-10-2007, 04:48 PM
I feel sooooo bad........ I completely thought it was more like this week.....

sooo sorry..... my mind is a bit out of itself, but you are thought of constantly, and more so by doing the card swap this year....

I might have forgotten the exact day but I canīt forget you on any day....

Laura's Babies
11-10-2007, 06:30 PM
She was a special person that touched many lives. RIP Corrina.

ilovemypup
11-10-2007, 06:32 PM
Hi,

I didn't talk to Corinna because I wasn't even on the forum yet. I searched for her posts and she seemed like such a nice person...so sorry that she passed:(

Miss you, R.I.P Corinna.

-alI

krazyaboutkatz
11-10-2007, 06:35 PM
She certainly was a very sweet, loving, and caring person. She'll always be missed but never forgotten.

animal_rescue
11-10-2007, 07:22 PM
RIP Dear Corinna, such a sweet member of PT. Never forget you. :(

Catty1
11-10-2007, 07:40 PM
I pm'd Tim to let him know about this thread and that we were thinking of him.

I wish I had known her better - I barely knew her.

But I get the sense of a strong and merry heart, making her a strong and merry person.

hugs and prayers to all who knew and loved her, and her family and pets.

K9karen
11-10-2007, 10:39 PM
I think of her everyday too. She made me a momento from Cody's fur. She was one of our "originals" and one of the sweetest people in the world. I reread her posts a lot. I'm still shocked.

Dorothy39
11-10-2007, 11:04 PM
I just got to know Corinna~ Through last years Christmas Card Swap~~~ She sent me a few "e-mail" messages. I had just begun to know her and then,.... ...she was gone.

She had such a wonderful sense of humor( :D ) She resonated the bounds of thoughtfulness and touched so many people!!!!!

I still enjoy reading her posts!!!! I will never, ever forget her, even though I never met her in person.

slick
11-11-2007, 12:39 AM
I had the honour and the privilege of not only meeting Corinna, but also learning alot from her through her faith. She often sent me emails with inspirational messages with images of angels.

I met up with her a few years ago down in Mt. Vernon, WA. I even met her Mom and Dad along with Tim on that trip and their animals. Memories...wonderful memories. How was I to know that I would never see her again???

Corinna, I often think of you and say a prayer that you are at peace. You left us much too early but I can only think that your generous heart was needed up in heaven.

You are deeply missed. :(

gini
11-11-2007, 12:29 PM
I remember receiving an email from Slick, telling me of Corinna's passing. I just could not believe it. Corinna seemed like a sister you would love to have. She was always busy - doing something for someone else.

She brought her warm character and love to this board - and extended it to everyone. She was one of the people that made this board so very special.

I have thought of her husband and granddaughter so many times and sincerely hope that they are doing well.

I like to think that she can drop in and read this thread so that she knows how much we loved her in return and how much we miss her.

Pawsitive Thinking
11-11-2007, 02:08 PM
Much loved and sorely missed

Alysser
11-11-2007, 02:18 PM
I remember that thread, it was so shocking and sudden. RIP Corinna. :(

critter crazy
11-11-2007, 02:19 PM
RIP COrinna. You are sorely missed, forever and always.

sandragonfly
11-11-2007, 03:01 PM
:( I was going to threadize this on that very day but I didn't had any words to and she died the very day before my heroic grandfather died.. still shocked and upset over this so it hasn't been a great week for me.

I think of her daily, not hard to - the tam (hat) of my ark fur and buffalo scarf she made for me has been hanging in the closet until it snows again and I see lighthouses everywhere, she loved and collected them.

there's one little clay statue (of lighthouse with a kitty by it) she gave me as it was her gift months ago sitting on a window still - I usually don't have clutters here because of my active felinekids but that's only special one. she was like my mother, and I feel like I lost another mother, a piece of heart gone forever. she stayed with me when I had a bad fever on my first roadtrip even though we never met and she always ended her posts with "hugs, your mommy" in almost every of my threads.. those, her humor of advices and she are terribly missed, she was one great woman. :(

corinna, you taught me one thing, it can't be worded here. you'll never be forgotten - that's for sure. I always wished we had met or didn't had to finish our conversation too early that night and I hope to talk to you again some day. (((hugs)))

Lori Jordan
11-11-2007, 03:14 PM
Time really flies don't it?I remember how kind and how she would help you in any given case.

What a wonderful person she was,She will alwasy be rememberd.

Rest well Corrina.

cassiesmom
11-11-2007, 09:37 PM
I never got to 'meet' Corinna but from her posts etc she seemed like a fantastic person.

Rest In Peace Corinna, I wish I could of 'met' you... :(
I agree

tikeyas_mom
11-12-2007, 02:03 AM
You will be greatly misses corinna.. I Also never got the pleasure of meeting you in person, But I loved reading all your posts, And you were a great member of pettalk. She'll be forever missed.:(

crow_noir
11-12-2007, 02:47 AM
It had been a long time since i had last logged in to Pet Talk, but when i seen her name posted that she had passed away i instinctively felt a sadness. I've been meaning to look up her posts so that i can "meet" her all over again... but i just couldn't. I must have really liked her before, to just have the mention of her name... her passing away hurt my heart like it did.

Cataholic
11-12-2007, 08:25 AM
I think of Corrina so very often. I remember always looking at the lovely quilt she put together, from the single squares sent in by some members on here, and I always reflected on how caring someone was to think of my son and I in that way. I also remembered her very kind words when my neice, Samantha, was so seriously sick. Again, what a caring person. She was so loving, really, and example on how I *should* live my life.

She is sorely missed, but, not forgotten.

Johanna

Maya & Inka's mommy
11-12-2007, 08:27 AM
I still have her last e-mail, with the Christmascard list! I just cannot delete it...
RIP dear Corinna!!

Taz_Zoee
11-12-2007, 10:51 AM
I joined PT just a few weeks after her passing. I read the thread about it and cried, even though I never "knew" her. I could tell what a loving and caring person she was just through the words of the other PTers.
RIP Corinna......taken way to early. :(

Dorothy39
11-12-2007, 07:42 PM
I think of Corrina so very often. I remember always looking at the lovely quilt she put together, from the single squares sent in by some members on here, and I always reflected on how caring someone was to think of my son and I in that way. I also remembered her very kind words when my neice, Samantha, was so seriously sick. Again, what a caring person. She was so loving, really, and example on how I *should* live my life.

She is sorely missed, but, not forgotten.

Johanna

Corrinna Brubaker is such a glorious example to live by,her keyboard stikes left a message for each and every one of us. Let's just say, she touched me.Corinna forever touched me~ :o

trayi52
11-14-2007, 10:13 PM
I will never forget Corinna, I cherish the time I got to talk to her on MSM. She was giving me advice on how to cook for my husband, who is a diabetic.
Corinna, will never be forgotten by any of us. She was and is still so loved by us all.

Willie