PDA

View Full Version : Your opinion please - UPDATE - NEW BANNER ATTACHED FOR REVIEW

Catty1
11-08-2007, 09:17 PM
Well, da bozz was pretty impressed with the feedback - so here is a revised banner for the Pets and Apartments Ezine! :D

Comments again, please. If you want to just add an ETA to your original post re banner #2, that is totally cool! :)

Thanks!

C

Karen
11-08-2007, 11:09 PM
No collars on the pups? Not good for a city pet! Um, other than that, I'd say either darken in the city a bit or add more animals! Guinea pig? Gerbil?

Fuzzybuns
11-09-2007, 02:12 AM
The flying goldfish looks a bit out of place. ;)

Honestly, I think it looks too choppy or spaced out, it needs to be brought together more.

If it were me, I'd make it a 500x250 just to tighten it up a bit. Another way might be to add a building or two on the outer edges, with the text stacked and in the middle, maybe in a bold font. That would give you plenty of spots to place animals.

Laura's Babies
11-09-2007, 07:17 AM
I think it is nice, not to busy or cluttered.

moosmom
11-09-2007, 09:52 AM
Candace,

It looks a little washed out in the background. I'd definitely give the city a little more color, with possibly sky and clouds? Fuzzybuns is right, it looks like the fish is kind of hanging in mid-air. Anyway of getting him into a bowl? Nice banner!!

jennielynn1970
11-09-2007, 02:50 PM
I think it's cute, but I didn't realize there was a "city" in the background until it was pointed out on a response, lol. Not paying attention closely enough, I guess!

I agree with the flying fish... you could take him out since there is a fishbowl at the bottom.

Whatever you decide, I'm sure it will be nice!

catmandu
11-09-2007, 05:19 PM
I Personally Would Add A Few More Pets To Fill In The Ledge Like A Hamster Or Gerbil And Accentuate The City!
Otherwise It Looks Wonderful And We Would Love To See The First Copy!

momcat
11-09-2007, 07:45 PM
I love it!!!!! Especially the little kitty playing on the rope :D

Catty1
11-09-2007, 08:06 PM
Thanks, everyone! I sent all the responses to Marrett this morning, and he emailed back: "Wow tough crowd! Thanks Candace.

Brb
Marrett"

LOL :D

He is a nicest fellow - and truly appreciates feedback intended to make something better!

Will keep you posted on the next ezine...will try and attach it here somewhere!

hugs!

c

Catty1
11-10-2007, 07:10 PM
*bump*

DrKym
11-10-2007, 07:16 PM
Just saw this..............

City needs color and to be honest no collars bothers me...........so does the too pic with head feathers up....I have several pics of calm toos that would work better, those of us that have them know when feathers are voices become LOUD!!!!!!!. Love the kitten, and the fish needs a home.

I will have Jas email you a few that we used in rescue banners maybe you could add a few in? Other than that.......I have to say publicly what I told you on the phone...........

WTG WOMAN!!! I am so impressed with your work and I am certain many families and pets may never learn your name but they will stay together because of your dedication. Thank you Candace for being so amazing!

Catty1
11-10-2007, 07:30 PM
Please do email a few - that would be great!!!!! How about I PM you the guy's direct email?

Thanks again!

jennielynn1970
11-10-2007, 07:41 PM
I actually liked the first one better....

Not enough color in the bottom part now I think.

BC_MoM
11-10-2007, 08:44 PM
I like it a lot! You're right! This is a tough crowd. haha

Emeraldgreen
11-10-2007, 09:25 PM
:)
Hi Catty1, I love the banner! I think if the background had color it would really make the whole banner pop. I threw a bit of blue on part of it and it really makes the animals stand out as well as the city above too.
I really like the fish out of the water, it's eye catching and fun. Maybe you could just keep the larger fish bowl instead of two fishbowls. The turtle and gerbil are very cute and good additions to the group, maybe they could be a bit bigger. Anyway, I think it's awesome!
p.s. I uploaded the pic with blue to photobucket. Hope it works, I'm still a newbie at the photobucket thing. LOL

[IMG]http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd102/emeraldcreek/UPM_BannerII.png

Laura's Babies
11-11-2007, 07:11 AM
I also liked the first one better but we are see things different and have different tastes.

sandragonfly
11-11-2007, 09:17 AM
oh no city's gone. :( it matched "urban" REALLY well. without that background, it sort of looks like too busy now, too contrast-ed. and a bit confusing.

everything's not so centered - great composition so every animal can be looked at. puppies without collars doesn't bother me, you can't see the collar on the kitty anyway. and it looks more natural without it also.

location of fish in second banner is better, but I would remove the second bowl - maybe have it fly out straight so it can fall back in, not fly to die? :p

that's all from another graphic designer. ;) love the animals, colors and font so far!