PDA

View Full Version : I love this shot *1 pic*

Kfamr
11-08-2007, 07:42 PM
As I'm beginning my freelance photography profession, I've been taking a few photoshoots for people wanting holiday photos. I actually have 3 photoshoots "booked" right now which is rather exciting.

Well, today I did a free photoshoot, as it was more for me. I really wanted photos of these two people because they mean so much to me. So, the three of us went to the beach/park and shot a few photos.

Memaw & Papa
http://petevents.com/~simba/memawpapa11-08-07.jpg

I just love it. I love it sooooo much I can't even explain. I'm going to print a few and frame them for myself and my grandparents. I took quite a few different shots but this is by far my favorite. I love how you can feel/see the love between them, the smiles on their faces, him embracing my grandmother, etc, etc.

Afterwards, they came back to my place and I made dinner (Papa requested ham, mashed potatoes, and green beans. I also made chocolate chip cookies with icecream and hot fudge for dessert.)

Papa is doing a bit better for those who have followed his story. He is allowed to go on day visits away from the mental hospital/home. He's still not himself but he is a lot better than he was the past few months. He is behaving when on his visits. He started crying on Saturday (last time I saw him) but today he didn't cry at all. :)

We are hoping he will be able to return home for good on December 1st. He WILL be able to spend Thanksgiving with us. :)

Cookiebaker
11-08-2007, 07:52 PM
What a beautiful, beautiful picture....it tells a love story. Thanks for sharing your talent, and my very best wishes to you in your freelancing. :)

Catlady711
11-08-2007, 08:06 PM
Nice pix, nice exposure, good use of natural lighting.

Did you use any type of reflector to balance out the shadow areas? Kinda looks like some reflection coming from where their hands are behind the tree.

ScottieMommy
11-08-2007, 08:20 PM
Thanks for sharing that is just beautiful!

Cinder & Smoke
11-08-2007, 08:22 PM
As I'm beginning my freelance photography profession ...

(Papa) ~ He WILL be able to spend Thanksgiving with us. :)

Uhhhhh ... Did we *miss* the Formal Announcement somehow??
CONGRATZ on *Going Pro" ... you will do Just GREAT!
Happie **Snappin**! :D

Glad to hear Papa is doing so much better!
Happie Thanksgiving with them!

/s/ Phred

Freedom
11-08-2007, 08:29 PM
Something about that photo is -- TIMELESS. There is so much love and yet they are also at peace with each other and I don't even know how to describe what it makes me feel. And that was BEFORE I read anything about who they are to you!

Best wishes with the photo shoot you have lined up!

Great news about your grandpa.

critter crazy
11-08-2007, 08:32 PM
Fabulous Pic Kay!! I am always amazed by your talent!

Karen
11-08-2007, 08:41 PM
Great photo - it is one you will treasure forever!

caseysmom
11-08-2007, 08:41 PM
Kay you are so talented...if you ever get across to the left coast I will hire you.

Bengalz
11-08-2007, 08:46 PM
What a beautiful memory Kay - it's timeless :)

Congratulations on your decision to go pro! You have a great eye for photography and know how to capture a precious moment. Anyone can learn the technology ... the real skill is in the "art" :D You've got it girl - use it well and have a wonderful time :D

My very best wishes for your success in this new adventure.

Betty

Kalei
11-08-2007, 09:11 PM
Wow, that is just amazing! That picture makes me feel so many emotions, all I can say is that I hope I can experience with a spouse one day what your grandparents have:)

And your photography is amazing! I think you are doing amazing, and I'd definately get you take a pic for me if you were here:D

Kfamr
11-08-2007, 11:15 PM
Glad you all enjoyed. Thanks for the comments.

Did you use any type of reflector to balance out the shadow areas?
Nope.

Did we *miss* the Formal Announcement somehow??
Nope. I think this is the first I've posted about me doing photoshoots on this forum. Doing the same thing I've always done, but just started charging.

CountryWolf07
11-08-2007, 11:18 PM
That's awesome, Kay. I really adore pictures like that.. =)

krazyaboutkatz
11-08-2007, 11:22 PM
What a wonderful picture.:) I'm so glad that you're going to start freelancing and I'm sure that you'll do very well. You're very talented. Good luck.:)

slleipnir
11-08-2007, 11:25 PM
Beautiful! I like the lighting or something...very nice. I'm glad he's doing better:)

joycenalex
11-08-2007, 11:40 PM
good shot. technically balanced visual composition, foreground with the tree branch, your g-parents well centered and clearly lit and in the rt upper distance the leaves shimmery. and of course knowing a bit about your family, how sweet to see and know their love story. thanks kay

shais_mom
11-09-2007, 12:02 AM
That's a great picture! I bet it does mean so much to you after all your family has been thru this year.
keep up the good work.
(i feel really silly saying that b/c you take such good pics anyway but my wish is sincere:))

K9karen
11-09-2007, 12:23 AM
Lovely, just lovely!

Girl! It's about time you took my advise and started making big bucks for your incredible talent! :p :D

Remember? I offered to be your manager!! Wishing you lots of business and enjoyment!

Husky_mom
11-09-2007, 10:36 AM
AMAZING!!... you truly captured the essence there....

and the composition.... magnifique!!.......

congrats on finally doing this as a profession, you really are talented....

if I did finally got my studio going I would soooo hire you, you rock!!

Ginger's Mom
11-09-2007, 12:12 PM
Beautiful picture, Kay. Truly it is.
It would be great if you could contact some pet supply stores and see if maybe they could advertise a Dog Photo Shoot on some Saturday or Sunday and have you come in for a few hours. I just got a notice that Dog Days is opening a day care in Sanford and they are doing that for the holidays, that is what made me think of it.

Rachel
11-09-2007, 12:26 PM
Of course the picture is beautiful and one can tell you put your heart and soul into capturing the essence of your grandparents. As for your *going pro*, how long we have been trying to convince you that your talent is significant and that you explore this as a profession? Ages... I am thrilled that the time has come where you going to go for it. I am only sad that our family isn't close enough to be among your first customers.

Do include that photo of your grandparents in a portfolio to use to showcase your work to potential customers.

Scooter's Mom
11-09-2007, 08:14 PM
The photo is beautiful. You are an amazing photographer. I agree with everyone else, the photo is "timeless". Please keep showing us the beautiful photographs you take. I love seeing the wonderful job you do!

Maya & Inka's mommy
11-10-2007, 06:44 AM
What a fantastic picture!! No words are needed, their face says it all: HAPPYNESS!

.sarah
11-10-2007, 09:39 AM
I love it, Kay! Great job! It's too bad we can't get together just to go on a photo excursion of some sort ... that would be fun!

cyber-sibes
11-10-2007, 03:22 PM
That's a wonderful photograph, Kay. I'm glad to hear your grandad is doing better. Best wishes on your career as a photographer - you're very talented, Kay, you'll do well!