PDA

View Full Version : We're back~~

Laura's Babies
11-08-2007, 11:32 AM
Me and the babies are back now! I swear, I think they give me a bigger welcome home, every time I come home. Samantha got in my arms, buried her face in my chest and refused to move it from there and she purred her heart out the whole time. I have had lap warmers all morning, taking turns keeping me company and welcoming me home. Boo started trying to wake me up at dayllight tapping my nose and doing her soft "meeeew! meeeeew!" at me. I ignored her so she went to the door and sat there and HOWLED!! Ok! OK! I went on and got up.. Today while they are napping, I will try to get a nap!

This trip out was so much fun that the time absolutely flew by. I took TONS of pictures this time and even got some of the crew, some of some of the stuff I cook and just a ton of pictures. The last 4 days they sent me a cook to train to our company ways, show her the budget and how to keep the budget log, order groceries ect... Getting off yesterday was the high point of the trip (as always) BUT, it did not go without incident.. (That is what it is called out there when something happens ..."a incident".) We got off at the worst place I ever got off at, I took one look at it and got scared! I won't even try to describe it but one glance and I knew we were in the most dangerous situation I have been in since I have been on the river. With assurances from the guys that I could do it and they would help keep me safe, I proceeded to crawl up this thing and step over a dangerous wall between me and land. I made it unharmed, much to my relief and my crews help. Our pilot however did not.... He lost his footing and overboard he went into the water. My first man overboard since I been out there and it is a man I care a lot about. By the time I got to the "wall" he was swimming to the boat and they pulled him out of the water....unharmed... cold and wet but unharmed. They got his suitcase out of the car and took it to the tug where he changed into some dry clothes and then we loaded up and headed home. He was so upset.... but because his cigar got wet and he almost lost his hat. He swam out to get his hat and then back to the boat. WHAT A NIGHT! Needless to say, his cell phone that was in his pocket is history so I let him use mine to call the Captain (who had to stay on for a extra day) and report what happened.. Next trip we will all be alughing about it but it was a scarey situation and I thank God it had a happy ending.

So.... How was YOUR month?

lvpets2002
11-08-2007, 12:18 PM
;) WoW Laura sounds like I would have paniced a wittle bit here.. So glad you all made it ok.. Welcome Home.. Well I can say that Bump & Skid & Rastus has all entered manhood & all three have been DeReBalled.. Then now there is wittle Scrapster Spanks.. But we have a good while with him before he is old enough.. Hey how is our Wittle Amy Doing??

Edwina's Secretary
11-08-2007, 12:24 PM
So.... How was YOUR month?

Much less exciting and scary than yours, that's for sure!!! :eek: :eek:

Welcome back...

Laura's Babies
11-08-2007, 01:29 PM
Amy is doing fine even though it is getting colder in the deep south. Rie said she had found her on the perch one day while I was gone. She came got in my lap awhile ago and buried her face in the crook of my arm and laid there and just purred and purred, every now and then looking up at me and reburying her face. We had such a long lovie session like this. I adore that little girl... I made sure I sang her, her favorite song while she purred "You are my sunshine, my only sunshine...."

Sevaede
11-08-2007, 01:41 PM
WB, LAURA!!! :D That sounds like quite the night! :eek: Glad they came out unscathed!

I've just been working, preparing for the holidays, etc. I got to sleep in today! :D

catlover4ever
11-08-2007, 02:43 PM
Laura welcome back....we missed you so much. So glad to hear that you are safe and sound. Can not wait until you have some pictures up.

catmandu
11-08-2007, 02:54 PM
A SAD ONE SADLY LAURA AS PRECIOUS BECAME AN ANGEL LAST MONTH, MY VET SAYS FROM HER EYES THAT SHE HAD A STROKE OR SEIZURE AS SHE COLLPASED TRYING TO REACH ME, AND FELL IN MID AIR AS THOUGH SHE WAS LASSOED.
MAYBE THE WORST MOMENT OF MY CAT GUARDIANSHIP TO SEE THAT HAPPEN BEFORE MY EYES.
BUT JOSEPHS A LOT BETTER, AND TABBYNACLES CLOSE TO BEING POOFED!!
THATS THE SAD FACT WHEN YOU HAVE PETS IS THAT YOU WILL OUTLIVE THEM, BUT ITS ONLY TEMPORARY AS WE WILL SEE THEM AGAIN.
ONE FINE DAY.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/cat%20photos%202/cats1011414.jpg
HI AUNT LAURA , IM HOME!!!!!!

CultureJunky
11-08-2007, 02:54 PM
Welcome Back Laura, I'm sure you can't move for purring and cuddles from your babies, it must be so wonderful to know they are waiting for you when you get home :) please give Amy a big cuddle for me ;)

moosmom
11-08-2007, 03:47 PM
Welcome Back Laura!! We have missed you.

Boy, it sure sounds your month was wild and crazy. I hope you are able to relax and enjoy some peace and quiet with your furkids.

Freedom
11-08-2007, 04:51 PM
Hello Laura, glad you and the fur kids are back with us!

What a nice trip you had by the sounds of it. And the new cook couldn't have had a better teacher showing her the ropes, the ins and outs, ups and downs. Great work. I am already interested in your photos; you said you took some of what you cook? Mmmm!

As for this "incident" at the very end, I'm just thankful that all of you are alright. And the cigar and hat, too! :D

Cinder & Smoke
11-08-2007, 06:53 PM
I proceeded to crawl up this thing and step over a dangerous wall between me and land.
I made it unharmed, much to my relief and my crews help.

Our pilot however did not ... He lost his footing and overboard he went into the water. ... he was swimming to the boat and they pulled him out of the water ...
unharmed ... cold and wet but unharmed.

I thank God it had a happy ending.

:eek:

I know The Guys are required to wear PFDs (Personal Flotation Device / Life Vest)
whenever they are working out on the barges or on deck ...
But does the Company "require" PFDs be worn while transferring on or off the boat or tow?

Thankfully your Pilot didn't *bump* his head on anything and could swim ---
not every Man-Overboard is that lucky.

Glad YOU made it to dry land without taking a bath!
;)

Laura's Babies
11-08-2007, 08:10 PM
Yea, we are all required to wear PFD's when we are outside at ALL times. No tug or crew boat will allow anyone on board without one on. Once your foot leave land, they are required... period! They even carry them in the crew vans for the crews to wear getting on, they get on the boat, give them to the off going crew and they put them on to go to shore..

The guy who fell in is a old river rat who grew up on the bayous in Louisiana and in the gulf of Mexico. Said when he was 10 years old, they use to go out in the gulf with his Dad and jump overboard while his Dad went trawling for shrimp and sometimes his Dad would go so far away they (he and his brother) couldn't even see him. They would swim for hours and when his Dad was done for the day, he would come back and get them.. Of coarse he said, that was before they knew there were sharks out there! :eek: So, him falling in was really no big deal to him other than he had never actually fell in before and him loosing his cigar.

Donnaj4962
11-08-2007, 08:14 PM
Welcome home Laura! We missed you! Sounds like you are having a great welcome home party with lots of luvvins and purrfests!

Catty1
11-08-2007, 08:33 PM
Laura, how is Boo???? Still ok???

WELCOME HOME!

krazyaboutkatz
11-08-2007, 11:04 PM
Welcome back Laura!!!:) I'm glad that you made it home okay and that your furkids were very happy to see you.:)

Maya & Inka's mommy
11-09-2007, 04:45 AM
Welcome back, dear Laura !!!

Laura's Babies
11-09-2007, 07:12 AM
Laura, how is Boo???? Still ok???

The changes are still there, the atsmosphere is still relaxed and I think things are still improving. I am thinking now I may have to get Nancy to help me with Giz because SHE is now the biggest problem. She constantly growls at Boo and will not stop! If she would stop that, I think things would get even better real fast.

I don't know if Boo can sense my feelings or not but now that I understand her and realize what all she has been through, and see how hard she is trying, my love for her is getting deeper and deeper, if that is possiable. I just want to pick her up and love and kiss on her all the time (but I don't.... I know better now)

On a sad note, I talked to my sister yesterday and the cat (Fred) that she took to Washington with them, tore a screen and got out a month ago and hasn't been seen since. He also took my sisters daughters cat with him and she too, has dissapeared. That worries me because he is a Florida cat and this will be his first winter up there in Washington state and they are a lot rougher than he is use to. Anyone that can spare a prayer, please say a prayer that someone finds him and at least gets him and keeps him inside.

Randi
11-09-2007, 07:51 AM
Hi Laura, it's good to see you back. It sounds like quite an adventure this time :eek: - but glad you made it over the wall and that the overboard guy is OK, even without his cigar. LOL!

Sending lots of good thoughts for the kitties, hope they're in a safe place!

phesina
11-09-2007, 04:50 PM
Welcome home, Laura!

Prayers that Fred and the other cat find their way home soon..

Pat and cats

critter crazy
11-09-2007, 04:54 PM
Welcome Back Laura!!!!

momcat
11-09-2007, 07:59 PM
Hi Laura, It's great to have you back again! That was quite an ending to your trip but it's good to know everyone is fine and all is well. Tell you what, enjoy the loviing reunion with your wonderful furkids and I'll update you on our current events a bit later on. Sending scritchies and lovies to all of your sweet kitties!

kimlovescats
11-09-2007, 08:00 PM
WELCOME HOME, Laura!!! Glad you all are safe and sound after your scary adventure! :eek:

I know your babies were thrilled to have you home again, as always! It is beginning to be great curl up on the couch with a blanket and a kitty weather!!! :D

Kim

Catty1
11-09-2007, 08:10 PM
MAJOR PT Prayers for Fred and the other kitty! How awful!

Gary, we need your Pet Angel Squad in Washington!