PDA

View Full Version : Today's Mutt's strip...

AmberLee
11-07-2007, 11:42 PM
Did anyone else love today's Mutt's strip? I remember loving it this morning, but my parents promised our paper to our next door neighbors. Thought I'd get it on-line, but just discovered the official website has a 2 week lag before posting the current comics.

Ah well, not a crisis, although I'd hoped to post a link for this one. I don't remeber the details, just that it seemed terrific cat humor. And my memory's so rocky lately, I probably won't remember to go looking for it in 2 weeks, yikes! :rolleyes: :p

Edwina's Secretary
11-07-2007, 11:59 PM
Not sure how to post it....

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid225/pc613af18c8cf0d0c39cb1f0e844f9d72/e773a467.jpg

AmberLee
11-08-2007, 03:27 AM
Brilliant! {{{ES}}}

I KNEW I loved that strip. Thank you for finding it and posting it.

AlleyCat
11-08-2007, 07:52 AM
That IS really sweet !! :)

moosmom
11-08-2007, 08:13 AM
LES here! I LOOOOOOVE that comic strip!!!

lizbud
11-08-2007, 09:11 AM
So sweet. :) I love that strip too, especially the Shelter Stories. :)

catmandu
11-08-2007, 03:47 PM
THATS SO TOUCHING, I KNEW I WAS A KEEPER. I WONDER IF THE LUCKY FOUND PARADISE HOTEL CATS ALL FEEL THE SAME??
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/cat%20photos%202/cats1011414.jpg
JOSEPH ALWAYS KNEW THAT HE WAS A KEEPER!!!!!!!!!!

momcat
11-10-2007, 03:40 PM
I'm a big Mutts fan and have been for quite some time. I see a lot of my sweet Groucho in Mooch. The Shelter Stories are always something special. My all time favorite is from a few years ago.

Shtinky Puddin sees Mooch and Earl then stops to tell them he's going to see the angels. Shtinky goes on to say, "not that long ago I was lost, hungry, scared and alone. Then the angels came. One fed me, one washed me, one fixed my busted leg. And they all held me to let me know I'm not all alone in this big old world. And they even found me my Annie!" The strip ends with Shtinky walking into the animal shelter saying, " Yes. Angels I say!"

Patrick McDonald, who writes Mutts, was good friends with and was mentored by Charles Shultz. I love how he shows us the world from our pets' point of view. One thing that always comes through is Mr. McDonald's love and concern for thw well being of all animals. An excellent strip!!!

phesina
11-10-2007, 06:20 PM
Here it is: http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/fun/mutts.asp?date=20071107

I LOVE Mutts too. The Shelter Stories are touching and sometimes heartbreaking.

Pat

AmberLee
11-11-2007, 07:06 PM
Thank you for the link, Phesina!

cassiesmom
03-27-2014, 04:14 PM
Bumping up this old thread because Mutts has a guest this week ... Eddie the pig :)

I love Mutts (mostly - the Shelter Stories tear my heart out!).

momcat
03-27-2014, 09:13 PM
Thanks for bumping this up, Elyse. Mutts is a great comic strip and at times it gives a little insight as to what our pets might be thinking. I've been following Eddie this week. How great that he's at a farm sanctuary after being "kissed goodbye" after that charity event. He sure is a cutie and I'd most definitely give him an apple.
I tried to bring up the strip that originally started this thread by the link Phesina included. Unfortunately it's no longer available.