PDA

View Full Version : Hulk Hogan's Son Arrested over Accident

dukedogsmom
11-07-2007, 08:57 PM
http://www.reuters.com/article/lifestyleMolt/idUSN0731569720071107

NEW YORK, Nov 7 (Reuters Life!) - Wrestler Hulk Hogan's son, who stars in the family's reality TV show "Hogan Knows Best," was arrested Wednesday and faces criminal charges over a car crash in which a passenger was critically injured.

Police said Nick Bollea, 17, turned himself in on a warrant related to an August 26 incident in which witnesses reported seeing two cars racing each other on wet roads in Clearwater, Florida, before one hit a tree.

"Based on the evidence and witness testimony, investigators have concluded that Bollea was operating his vehicle recklessly at the time of the crash and caused serious bodily injury to (passenger John) Graziano," said a statement from the police.

He is being charged with reckless driving involving serious bodily harm as well as being cited for three other offenses.

A second driver, Daniel Jacobs, 22, with whom police said Bollea was racing, is being issued a summons to appear in court for reckless driving although he was not believed to be a direct cause in the crash.

Bollea's father Hulk Hogan, whose real name is Terrence Bollea, said in a statement that the family were "saddened" that criminal charges have been filed and his son was being treated as an adult although he is only 17.

"Because Nick is still a juvenile and has no prior criminal record, we are disappointed that he is being charged as an adult offender," said a statement released by the family's lawyers. Give me a break! Stupid lawyers.

"However, we are confident that the evidence will demonstrate that this was an accident."

Bollea was released on $10,000 bail.

The family said their main focus was the continued recovery of Bollea's longtime friend Graziano, an Iraq veteran, who was not wearing a seatbelt at the time of the accident. Graziano has been reported to be on life support with brain injuries.

Catty1
11-07-2007, 10:30 PM
I hope they send that 17-year-old to every HS in the USA, with video footage of poor Graziano, and he can tell them how he was just going out to have fun like "everyone else does" - and that everything goes to h*** in a split second.

RICHARD
11-08-2007, 02:30 AM
Yep, blame the non seatbelt wearing passenger.

If it was my sorry 40+ year old arse I would have been in jail the day after the accident.