PDA

View Full Version : Chilli anyone???

critter crazy
11-06-2007, 07:26 PM
So I decided to make Chilli for dinner tonight, cause it has been pretty cold today. I love to make chilli on cold days. Well so much for that!! I managed to ruin a hole pot of Cilli in a matter of seconds!!:rolleyes: was putting my spices in like always, and decided to add a sprinkle of Minced Garlic, well so much for a sprinkle!! I flipped up the lid, and shook the container a couple of times, and to my shock, the whole darn bottle of garlic landed in my pot of chili!! :eek: Uggghhhhh....I scooped, but to no avail!! It was ruined, there was so much garlic, you couldnt even see anything else!! I am such a dork!! Garlic anyone???:D

Just gotta settle for a few slices of pizza instead!!

lizbud
11-07-2007, 11:47 AM
Oh wow, I would have hated to throw the whole thing out. :( But if it
was ruined, so be it. :( I made chilli last weekend but only added the usual
stuff & a pkg of the store bought spices. I'm not brave enough to add any
more to it. :) It is great for the cooler weather.

mina'smomma
11-07-2007, 11:50 AM
I made chili for the first time on Monday. I'd never even tried to make it before then. It must of been good because I made enough to can ten quart jars, but by the time everyone got done eating I only had enough left for two.

lvpets2002
11-07-2007, 12:07 PM
:p Video Video Please.. Darn girl if its not your dogs I chuckle about = then its you.. :D Too Funny.. Hey maybe we can use the Chili for this Thursday Thread on Porch Clean Up or something..

Jenn&Dean
11-07-2007, 12:08 PM
I've got a Chili story for you... My father is absolutely obsessed with Chili, do you guys recall the shrimp thing with Bubba in Forrest Gump, that's my Dad and chili... Chili and Crackers, Chili Fries, Chili Dogs, Chili Frito Pies, Chili and Salsa, Sweet Chili, Chili with Beans, Baked Chili, Chili and Cornbread... He is just ridiculous when it comes to chili, but I might have to make the drive to my parents house for a big ol' pot of Dad's Chili, it sure does sound good right about now on these cold nights. Hah.

critter crazy
11-07-2007, 01:50 PM
Dont fret all, it didnt go completely to waste, the chickens Loved it!!!:D

Lvpets2002, Ha ha ha ha!! I am glad that I am here, if anything else, for peoples amusement!! Glad I am doing a great job!!:p If you only knew some of my other stories, you would never stop laughing!!! But those stories shall be saved for some other time!;)

ScottieMommy
11-07-2007, 02:07 PM
Ahhh that must stink, i hate it when it happends with the salt :( The way i do Chilli is simple tho.

I put together canned beans, chilli powered, minced beef, cheese and when is all hot and steamy i add fritos on top :P

Rachel
11-07-2007, 03:41 PM
I've almost had this type of accident. Best to put the seasoning in her hand or a little dish and then add to the pot.

Speaking of chilli, I used to be able to buy this soy chilli mix in a box, to which one would add water and tomatoes and kidney beans. I swear it tasted just as good as chilli made with ground beef. Then all of a sudden, the store stopped selling it. I don't even remember the brand name, I just knew where to look for it in the aisle. I can't find any other product like it either.