PDA

View Full Version : Such a busy day...

Glacier
11-06-2007, 01:27 PM
November 6 is historically a very busy day around my house! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/Dogs%202007/pacie.jpg
Four years ago today, Pacer arrived. Pacer was found out in the boonies with a buddy, both full of pellets in their rear ends. Pacer was afraid of everything and spent over a year in the shelter. When he first arrived, he was untouchable, terrified and spent most of his time actively avoiding me! Four years later, he sleeps on the bed, is a great little sled dog, and reliable off-leash.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/Sled%20dogs/2007/pax.jpg
Three years ago today, Paxil arrived. The very first time I drove a dog team, Paxil was my lead dog. Everything since can be linked to her! Paxil was given to me as she made it quite clear she wanted to be a house dog. Living in a dog yard just didn't work for her anymore. Paxil immediately claimed a spot by the woodstove and if she's not in harness that's where she prefers to be! She's a tough little dog--three bouts of mast cell cancer, chronic pancreatitis and over 11 years old. She is still the lead dog mushers dream about--reliable, unfailing, trail smart and always up for a run!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/Dogs%202007/smilesun.jpg
And two years ago today, Sundin arrived! He is the happiest dog in my yard. Absolutely delighted with his little world, although he would prefer I quit trying to pet him! Sundin is extremely shy and avoids humans as much as possible. He's a different dog in harness; confident, hard working and easy to handle. Someday I'll find a way to transfer that to the rest of his life!

Happy gotcha day, kidlets!

Karen
11-06-2007, 02:15 PM
Congratulations, and Happy Gotcha Day to all three of you! And congratulations to your mom for recognizing the great dog hidden inside each timid, fur-covered, emotionally scarred package.

Queen of Poop
11-06-2007, 02:27 PM
Happy Gotcha Day Fur Babies - you're so lucky!!!

cassiesmom
11-06-2007, 02:32 PM
Happy, happy, happy Gotcha Days to precious Sundin, Paxil and Pacer! I like your happy faces in these pictures! Doggers, if you are okay with hugs, please allow your mom to give you one for me. Or some petting.

Glacier, I think it would be sweet if Sitka came to you on Nov. 6 as well. But, maybe his family will sharpen up about properly caring for him!

Taz_Zoee
11-06-2007, 03:18 PM
It's a triple good day!! :D

One question: If Sundin doesn't like to be touched, how do you get him in harness? Or is it strictly petting he doesn't allow?

ScottieMommy
11-06-2007, 03:19 PM
Ahhh congratz day to ya.

Glacier
11-06-2007, 03:27 PM
One question: If Sundin doesn't like to be touched, how do you get him in harness? Or is it strictly petting he doesn't allow?

I trap him, usually with food in a small pen. Once he's caught, Sundin doesn't resist being handled. It's just when he's loose and has an option that he doesn't allow touching!

cyber-sibes
11-06-2007, 03:32 PM
Woos, wooos, and triple wooos from the cyber-sibes

Happy Gotcha Day
Pacer, Paxil,& Sundin!

Lookin' like there will be any new additions today this year? The day's not over yet... ;)

joycenalex
11-06-2007, 03:55 PM
tamara, all 3 of those dogs have just the biggest grins! happy gotcha days!

Ginger's Mom
11-06-2007, 05:21 PM
Happy Gotcha Day, kids! I can't believe Sundin has been there for two years already.

Husky_mom
11-06-2007, 05:38 PM
I second what Pat said........ anyone up for this years addition to the list?? ;)

congrats and happy gotcha days to all!!

It HAD to be a special day... you see.... 3 special buddies came this day..... so special x 3.... :D

Freedom
11-06-2007, 07:10 PM
PARTY TIME at Tamara's!!! Oh boy, Gotcha Day times THREE!!! And what a wonderful three. Love the happy doggie photos!