PDA

View Full Version : Update!!! Today's Jasmine's Big Day Flying To St. Louis!!!!

Anikaca77
11-06-2007, 07:37 AM
Okay everyone, I'm so sorry for all the confusion but Tonya is going to be flying Jasmine to St. Louis where Dr. Goodnow will be pick her up.

Tonya said she will be sending Jasmine out this Saturday Nov. 10th so hopefully all the flights go well and she will be in St. Louis by the end of Saturday.

Right now we know the cost is going to be about $192 plus a crate which is another $75.

So the total we need in donations is: $267

Donations can be sent to my paypal account In Care of Jasmine.

My paypal account e-mail address is [email protected]

Thanks!
Melissa

Here is a link that has more information.

http://www.petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=135295

Anikaca77
11-06-2007, 11:37 AM
Wooohooo I Got A Donation!!!!!

Anikaca77
11-07-2007, 10:13 AM
Any ideas on how to raise the rest?

Craftlady
11-07-2007, 11:36 AM
Any ideas on how to raise the rest?

Patience, there have been allot of donations lately helping other PT'ers, money doesnt grow on trees. People have to wait awhile before donating again.

Taz_Zoee
11-07-2007, 11:39 AM
Anikaca77 I just PM'd you.

Anikaca77
11-07-2007, 12:26 PM
Oh I know and trust me I know I have asked for help before especially just a few months ago with Tigger's vet bill. I'm not trying to offend anyone or push anyone into donating, I was just looking for some other ideas like maybe if I put a few of my things up for ebay from home and did something like that to help raise the rest. I know Tonya said she is going to charge the flight on her credit card and then I'll give her the donations once Jasmine is at Dr. Goodnow's place.

So I hope no one is mad at me I only ask for donations when help is needed.

Patience, there have been allot of donations lately helping other PT'ers, money doesnt grow on trees. People have to wait awhile before donating again.

Anikaca77
11-08-2007, 09:09 AM
Here is an e-mail I just got from Tonya:

That is great to hear that you are getting donations.

I did confirm her flight today. She will leave State
College, PA on Delta flight number 6225 at 6:45am to
Cinn. OH. She will leave Cinn. OH at 9:20am and
arrive in St. Louis, MO at 9:41am.

The flight is approximately $193.00, I will pay for
this on Saturday when I drop her off. I got a used
crate for $25 and I assume her vets bill tomorrow will
be around $50 for check up and relaxers. I don't know
if I have to pay for all the paperwork that the
airline needs or not.

I appreciate everything you are doing for Jasmine and
I. Could you please pass this information onto Kym.
I will send definitive flight numbers and any more
information I get Saturday morning after I drop her
off.

What time do you think you will be stopping by on
Friday?

Thanks,
Tonya

So since the flight is cheaper then we thought and Tonya was able to get a used crate and with the donations I received so far the amount left to raise is: $143!!!

Anikaca77
11-09-2007, 10:39 AM
Tomorrow is the big day. Tonight after I get off work I'm going to meet Tonya and this famous Jasmine that will be flying across 4 states to be with Dr. Goodnow.

Prays for a safe flight Jasmine.

sandragonfly
11-09-2007, 10:52 AM
I wish I could help, sorry.

good luck! hope jasmine will have a safe flight.

Anikaca77
11-10-2007, 05:54 AM
Well last night I stopped by and met with Tonya and the famous Jasmine that will be flying for the first time in her life.

She is such a sweetie. My prays for a safe flight and that she will be safe and sound in Dr. Goodnow's arms in a couple of hours.

catmandu
11-10-2007, 09:42 AM
I Wish I Could Help, But With The Vet Bils From The Passing Of Precious, Josephs Dental And All Thier Shots Coming Up, I Just Can Send Nothing But Prayers For Jasmines Safe Arrival.
There Are Gold Stars Besides Everyones Names Who Made This Rescue Possible And We Cocatulate You All On A Job Well Done.

DrKym
11-10-2007, 10:36 AM
Actually Jasmine couldnt fly today, she will be flying on Monday as Ohio was too cold, :(

moosmom
11-10-2007, 11:13 AM
Delta Dash, right?

Better they hold off than Jasmine getting sick.

Anikaca,

You'll also get to meet Lexie Joon, as both she and Kym are JOINED at the hip. :p

Craftlady
11-10-2007, 01:10 PM
It was suppose to be 52 degrees here in Northern KY but it only got to 48 degrees. Monday's temperature is 62 degrees for a predict high.
The low for Sunday night is 48 degrees. If they keep to the arriving time at 6:25 a.m. in Cincinnati Airport (which is in Northern KY) it's going to be cold like it was this morning. Our highs this next week are 56-60 that usually happens at the middle of the day.
Any reason why they cant put him in a warm baggage holding area until the flight leaves for Mo?

Cinder & Smoke
11-10-2007, 03:45 PM
If they keep to the arriving time at 6:25 a.m. in Cincinnati Airport (which is in Northern KY)
it's going to be cold like it was this morning.

Any reason why they cant put him in a warm baggage holding area
until the flight leaves for Mo?

It's a lot *colder* in the un-heated cargo holds on the aircraft when it's flying at high altitudes! :eek:

The airlines are more concerned with the high altitude temps than they are with
the ground temps encountered in loading, unloading, and transfers / holdovers.
He **should** be moved INside a terminal for any extended *waits* between flights.

The airlines are pretty cautious about flying live animals as cargo ...
they watch the expected temperatures very closely - too hot or too cold
anywhere on the flight route, and the Critter does NOT get loaded.

Too bad he can't fly in someone's oversized purse - UPstairs in the passenger area.

;)

Craftlady
11-10-2007, 04:27 PM
It's a lot *colder* in the un-heated cargo holds on the aircraft when it's flying at high altitudes! :eek:

The airlines are more concerned with the high altitude temps than they are with
the ground temps encountered in loading, unloading, and transfers / holdovers.
He **should** be moved INside a terminal for any extended *waits* between flights.

The airlines are pretty cautious about flying live animals as cargo ...
they watch the expected temperatures very closely - too hot or too cold
anywhere on the flight route, and the Critter does NOT get loaded.

Too bad he can't fly in someone's oversized purse - UPstairs in the passenger area.

;)

Thanks for the explaination, I knew the cargo area was "cooler". I figured since they issued a ticket that the airlines had different arrangements when flying in November. At this rate this kitty maybe waiting till springtime to fly to Mo.

DrKym
11-10-2007, 05:22 PM
I have been using Delta Dash for over 20 years wouldn't trust another type of flight. They have flown my friends tigers and cheetahs, my own monkeys and several birds , along with all my show dogs and my Lexie.

I would trust them with the flight of this girl too. it was this time however based on the fact that the landing/loading area was below temp for her medical issues. The vet gave very strict instructions about the temps he will allow her to fly in. so cross everything that Monday will be her gotcha day!

Taz_Zoee
11-13-2007, 10:00 PM
Just wondering if there was any news on when Jasmine might travel. :D

Anikaca77
11-14-2007, 08:39 AM
I just spoke with Tonya last night and Kym did call her Monday night to say that Jasmine arrived safe and sound.

I hope Jasmine is doing okay.