PDA

View Full Version : Another day in the ER

catnapper
11-05-2007, 08:19 PM
Oh what joy life is this week.... hubby was rushed to the ER this afternoon. He had another "episode" and his principal actually drove him to the hospital. He was released a few hours later and is resting in bed. He has a stress test scheduled for tomorrow morning (we had scheduled it last week) and they will decide what to do after the results from that come in.

I think with all the visits to the hospital this week that the new wing should be named after us! :eek: The nurses all recognized my younger daughter and asked if Ash was back. She said, "Oh, I'm here for my dad this time"

Can I trade my family in for an upgraded model?

Taz_Zoee
11-05-2007, 08:33 PM
Oh no! Lots of prayers and thoughts going out to you and your family.

Alysser
11-05-2007, 08:51 PM
I am so sorry you had to go to the ER two times in 2 weeks. That is definitely NOT fun. Hope things improve for you soon. (((hugs)))

jennielynn1970
11-05-2007, 09:17 PM
Oh gosh... can Grant take some sick time off of work, or a FMLA time if he's out of sick days?? Sounds like he needs to get rested up, poor guy!

ScottieMommy
11-05-2007, 09:18 PM
Sending my prayers to you, please take care.

Catty1
11-05-2007, 09:32 PM
HUGS and prayers to all of you!

I hope Grant gets better and there is a silver lining...perhaps he and Ash will come to a very different understanding.

HUGS again.

Karen
11-05-2007, 11:04 PM
Awww, sending you hugs. Hopefully both he and Ashley will get their health under control, and you'll have your "upgraded family" - but nothing but time can make that happen, sadly!

krazyaboutkatz
11-05-2007, 11:14 PM
Kim, I'm so sorry to hear this.:( I hope that both Grant and Ashley will feel better soon and that they'll remain healthy. I also hope that Grants stress test will go well. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

jenluckenbach
11-06-2007, 05:25 AM
Prayers for Grant. This is so scary. :(

catnapper
11-06-2007, 07:54 AM
Hubby didn't sleep at all last night because Cameron was fussy. Rather than making Ashley deal with him, hubby did. Will the man EVER LEARN?!

He's home til 1:00 for his stress test. All he's worried about is how he can't eat before the test. Wouldn't you think there are larger worries at the moment? :mad: Am I the only one who takes this whole thing seriously?

He told me last night that he "jumped the gun" and went to the ER when he didn't need to.... that next time he'll wait it out. HUH?!?! I swear, I'm going to kill the man before anything else does! :eek:

Daisy and Delilah
11-06-2007, 07:56 AM
I hope he wakes up soon, Kim. He needs to put himself on the list of people he cares for :( Thoughts and prayers going out for all of you.

Freedom
11-06-2007, 08:37 AM
Hubby didn't sleep at all last night because Cameron was fussy. Rather than making Ashley deal with him, hubby did.
Probably a good thing, in the long run as it may effect the stress test and give them a more accurate 'picture' of what is going on physically.

He's home til 1:00 for his stress test. All he's worried about is how he can't eat before the test.
He he, I can relate. FOOD first priority. Sorry, but for some of us, that is just the way it is!

He told me last night that he "jumped the gun" and went to the ER when he didn't need to.... that next time he'll wait it out. HUH?!?! I swear, I'm going to kill the man before anything else does! :eek:
The stress test may trump him on this, time will tell.

Hang in there! Prayers for all of you.

Rachel
11-06-2007, 11:59 AM
I just hope that he will see the need to change some things in his life so he has less stress, better nutrition, and more exercise. Oprah had Dr. Oz and Dr. Rozien on yesterday and it was an excellent program about changes in lifestyle for a particular couple and how the changes came in the nick of time for the man. Wish I would have taped it.

Please let us know the outcome of the tests, etc. This episode certainly is of concern.

kimlovescats
11-06-2007, 12:05 PM
Oh Kim, I'm so sorry! I really think that Grant needs this stress test. EKG's don't always show everything!!! Prayers coming your way that your family can get back on a healthy track for the coming New Year!

Hugs,
Kim

Rachel
11-08-2007, 07:42 AM
Any news on the results of the stress test for your hubby?

lizbud
11-08-2007, 04:55 PM
Any news on the results of the stress test for your hubby?

I was thinking about this today & hope the stress test went well.