PDA

View Full Version : Anna is on her way out...

Lori Jordan
11-05-2007, 11:27 AM
Today is one of the hardest decisions i have had to make.

Anna is no longer able to walk,She has no muscle in her back end,She has been down for 2 days and there is nothing more i can do,So today at 3:30 the doc is coming out to put our dear Anna to peace.

Today we are all home spending as much time as we can with our sweet girl before we have to part our seperate ways.

The kids are a mess,They have grown up with this girl,Rebecca being 1 when we got her.

So if everyone could say an extra prayer that she goes in Peace,I am a wreck right now,I just cannot come to terms with her not being here.

She will be burried beside me beloved boy RB Bandit.

Thank you for all the messages and prayers that have been sent,Anna is 13 it is very hard when they get older,But as my husband has said"We as humans have to suffer,But Anna dont.

WELOVESPUPPIES
11-05-2007, 11:33 AM
I am sorry that you have to make this painful decision but that is the greatest gift of love we can give them when the time comes, putting their health and well-being before our own feelings of hurt and sadness. She will be happy and healthy again at the Rainbow Bridge and I am sure that RB Bandit will be waiting for her.

I pray that she passes peacefully...((hugs)) to you and your family.

Taz_Zoee
11-05-2007, 11:36 AM
I know this is not an easy decision, but you know it is the right one. Yes, that doesn't make it less difficult to deal with.
My mom has gone through this with 4 dogs in the past 3 years or so. And each time is as hard as the one before.
Anna will be a happy puppy up at the bridge with all the rest of the pets waiting for that one fine day.
Hugs to you and your family.

Karen
11-05-2007, 11:38 AM
Prayers for Anna's peaceful departure, and comfort for you and your family.

Nobas Mom
11-05-2007, 11:40 AM
But as my husband has said"We as humans have to suffer,But Anna dont.

This quote is exactly the way I express to people why I switched my major in college from pre-med to veterinary medicine. As a people doctor, we can ease people's suffering, but not end it... but as an animal doctor, we can end their suffering. I'm glad someone else understands...

RIP Anna...

buttercup132
11-05-2007, 11:43 AM
i'm so sorry she has to go now. I knew that you would make the right choice when it was ment to be made.

pitc9
11-05-2007, 11:48 AM
I'm so sorry Anna's time on earth has come to an end; please take comfort in knowing that her life at the bridge will be peaceful.

{{{hugs}} to you all.

Lori Jordan
11-05-2007, 12:13 PM
Thank you all so much,It is very hard,I will miss her dearly.

Daisy and Delilah
11-05-2007, 12:34 PM
Godspeed Anna. I hope you have a safe and peaceful journey to the bridge, sweetheart.

I'm so sorry Lori. I'll keep all of you in my thoughts and pryaers. It's so hard :(

Canis-Lupess
11-05-2007, 12:34 PM
Sorry about your loss. It is always horrible. I still get upset about our Mist even though passed on in January. I doubt I'll ever fully get over it. She was my 13th birthday present and was coming up for 15 and so was with me through the most notoriously turbulent period of my life...the teens, lol...plus through most of my 20s.

Our Jess will be 14 in January so I'll have to go through it again in the not so near future.

Hope you feel better soon. I was like a zombie for the first few days after losing Mist. :(

Lori Jordan
11-05-2007, 12:50 PM
I cannot explain the feeling i am having right now,As i look over at her i know by the look on her face she is ready.

I know when the doc comes i will know and come to reality,For some reason i keep telling myself im in a dream and i wake up and all is ok.

I have told Anna everynight through this hole thing ,That is she has to go it is ok,But i can so see she is hanging on for us.She is a trooper!

The minutes are coming closer,I am going to spend the last hour with Anna.

Thank you all for the kind replies

RedyreRotties
11-05-2007, 01:20 PM
I've stood in your shoes, and I know what it feels like.

You should be proud of yourself for having the courage and the LOVE to do what is best for her.

Go well, Anna. There are so many wonderful ones who will greet you as you cross to the other side to wait.

anna_66
11-05-2007, 01:24 PM
I've stood in your shoes, and I know what it feels like.
As have I. It's hard but you know what has to be done for your sweet girl.
My heart is breaking for you and your family....

ScottieMommy
11-05-2007, 01:42 PM
I am so sorry i know how hard this must be. My grandmother always puts her dogs to sleep at her home when there is nothing else she can do. But they are old over 17+. I will keep your family and your girl in my prayers. I am sure she will be happier, less to suffer.

Freedom
11-05-2007, 01:53 PM
Hugs to all of you at this time.

sasvermont
11-05-2007, 02:29 PM
You are making the right decision, I promise you. She will be at peace and out of pain. Your heart will never mend completely, but it will mend.

(((((((((((((((((((((Anna))))))))))))))))))) and family

Lori Jordan
11-05-2007, 03:42 PM
She is gone.

lizbud
11-05-2007, 04:57 PM
This is a sad day. :( I am so sorry that Anna is gone, but pray her
leaving was a peaceful sleep. Anna will stay on in your heart as long as
you live. Rest In Peace sweet Anna.

ramanth
11-05-2007, 05:14 PM
RIP Anna. :( :(

cyber-sibes
11-05-2007, 05:27 PM
:( Gentle woooos, dear Anna, gentle woooos. You're whole, healthy, and free. Find my Sherman, he passed over the Rainbow Bridge only weeks ago, he'll know where the softest spots with gentle breezes are, and where to go for the best treats are by now. :)

I so sorry, I know how painful this decision is. You gave her so much happiness, more than once. I know you wee so happy to have her back, & her heart was glad for it.
(((hugs))) to you & yours.

Lori Jordan
11-05-2007, 05:43 PM
Thank you all so much,I am having a real hard time right now.
I want her with me,I cannot handle the realization that she is gone.

Muddy4paws
11-05-2007, 05:53 PM
:(

Im so sorry, You know you did the right thing and its terribly heartbreaking but it had to be done. She will be looking down on you and she will be totally painfree. Think of the good times you had with her and how lucky she was to have a great family.
My thought are with you and your family, I know its so tough but it will get better in time.

RIP pretty Anna

KYS
11-05-2007, 06:21 PM
I am so sorry! It never gets any easier, but know in your heart
you made the right decision.
RIP Anna
(((HUGS)))

K9karen
11-05-2007, 11:27 PM
As have I. It's hard but you know what has to be done for your sweet girl.
My heart is breaking for you and your family....

My words exactly. I'm so sorry.

bckrazy
11-06-2007, 03:28 AM
I'm so sorry... for you & your family & Anna's "siblings".

At least Anna got to go peacefully with her family around her, and she's happy & pain-free now. You did everything you could to give her a happy life, and she was loved, and that's what matters.

Rest in peace Anna.

lute
11-06-2007, 03:40 PM
RIP Anna. :(

Lori Jordan
11-06-2007, 08:18 PM
Thank you all,Today has been hard,Thank god our basement is done now,I cannot stand being upstairs looking at the places she used to rest,And her not being there.

I know she is in a better place and is now my full time Guardian Angel.

Rest Well Baby Girl Momma Loves and misses you. :(