PDA

View Full Version : Prayers for my Grandpa, please *Update: post #18*

BC_MoM
11-03-2007, 11:01 PM
My grandpa has been in the hospital for a few weeks now. We are not sure what is wrong. He has a pinched nerve in his back (can't remember the name - but the most painful one to pinch).

They had him on morphine for the excruciating and debilitating pain, but it wound up backfiring. His kidney's are now failing (although, there has always been minor problems with them) and he has fluid in his lungs.

The doctor's had to bring up resuscitation today.

My parents are leaving tomorrow afternoon, and I am looking after my siblings.

I am having the first "panic" attack I've had in a while. I usually "can't" breathe. I eventually got it under control, and I don't really feel like telling my parents. It's from the stress - a new job, having Jersey here and not knowing if we're keeping her, my grandpa possibly dieing, and now having to take care of my siblings. Family will be helping us out, but still.

We would all be grateful for the smallest prayers you can offer. Last time he was this serious, he had the will to live. This time, he is severely depressed, and it worries me.

caseysmom
11-03-2007, 11:05 PM
I am sorry about your grandfather, their is nothing worse than pain, I feel for him. I had a pinched nerve in my neck and wanted to just die. I hope they can keep him out of pain without damaging his liver.

Taz_Zoee
11-03-2007, 11:06 PM
I am sorry. You and your family will be in my thoughts. It's hard losing grandparents. I've lost all of mine now. :( Let's hope it is not his time and he will recover from this.

krazyaboutkatz
11-03-2007, 11:58 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this.:( I'll be keeping him in my thoughts and prayers. Please take care.

Rachel
11-04-2007, 06:51 AM
I'm so sorry about what your grandfather is dealing with and certainly understand how all this can preciptate a panic attack. Of course I will say a prayer for the both of you.

Alysser
11-04-2007, 08:25 AM
I am so sorry to hear about your Grandfather, Jessica. I really hope things are going to be okay for him and your family. (((hugs))) going out to you.

ScottieMommy
11-04-2007, 08:57 AM
I am so sorry to hear, that must be terrible. I remember when my grandparents where at the hospital i felt so sad i dint even want to visit. Makes me really sad to visit hospitals. I will keep him in my prayers.

BC_MoM
11-06-2007, 06:16 PM
Well, he's no better. Everything is still shutting down. They don't really know what is wrong. Tomorrow he is going to another hospital for some sort of procedure.

My sister and I were supposed to be going down on the 21st just to visit, but now we're going to have to cancel. We might have to go down sooner. We don't know if he has two weeks. Or if he'll make it or not.

I'm really getting tired of life.... Everything's been going so wrong lately.

Karen
11-07-2007, 12:14 PM
He'll be in our prayers, as will you. Take a deep breath, and write down 5 things you want to tell him, that's something you can do from a distance, even if your folks have to relay the list.

ChrisH
11-08-2007, 06:35 AM
Big prayers on the way for both your Grandpa and you. {{hugs}}

anna_66
11-08-2007, 07:30 AM
I haven't replied but I have been keeping your grandpa in my prayers.

I'm sorry to hear things are going any better:(

(((HUGS)))
Anna

gini
11-08-2007, 12:49 PM
For some reason this thread stops at post #11.

Regardless - prayers for your Grandpa are being offered.

kimlovescats
11-08-2007, 01:03 PM
I'm so sorry to hear of this. Life can be very tough and depressing at times. I'm praying that you will have strength to get through these times and realize that there WILL be better ones ahead!

Hugs,
Kim

Ginger's Mom
11-08-2007, 01:18 PM
For some reason this thread stops at post #11.

Regardless - prayers for your Grandpa are being offered.
I think she meant post #8 (not 18).
Jess, I didn't see this post until just now. Prayers going out for you and your grandpa.

gini
11-08-2007, 01:25 PM
I think she meant post #8 (not 18).
Jess, I didn't see this post until just now. Prayers going out for you and your grandpa.

Reading back - I am sure you are right. Thanks!

I am just so sorry - it is so difficult to watch the people we love suffer